• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Let's GO! Pikachu/Eevee Team Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo_senku

In Gen 1 there was EXP All, which does the same thing EXP Share does now, so you should be good either way.
I'm aware of that. been playing since gen 1. Just gamefreak is prone to adding and droping features or ideas so i dont go into any game expecting something to be there just because it was in the last. plus with these two games in particular i feel its even harder to know what will be and wont.

PirateKing

I wonder if Pikachu and Eevee are gonna be able to evolve if we trade them over to other games like in Yellow or if They’ll be like cosplay pikachu and be stuck like that forever. Hope they clarify this soon so I can make up my mind which version to get!

I’m actually leaning towards the former, because even though you can dress these guys up in LGPE, Cosplay Pikachu from ORAS couldn’t be Banked, and I don’t think Gamefreak will block people from sending their starter Pokémon to the future games. The Yellow Pikachu can be banked and will normally evolve in other games too.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Looking over the original Pokedex again I realize how many Pokemon don't appeal to me. Fact is using the same Pokemon so many times throughout the years has become stale. I prefer to use new Pokemon introduced in each Generation.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't know exactly how I'll structure my team in these games since I dislike most of the original Kanto Pokemon, although I'll likely select Hitokage as my Starter Pokemon, purely for nostalgia's sake.

volleyca

Is it restricted to the original 151 or are evolutions available that have been introduced. Ex) Can i evolve a wild Eevee into an Umbreon?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Is it restricted to the original 151 or are evolutions available that have been introduced. Ex) Can i evolve a wild Eevee into an Umbreon?
As we know so far, the original 151, some Alolan Forms and a 'never-seen-before' Pokémon are confirmed to be in the game.

So far I am considering an Eeveelution for my team as usual, perhaps a Vaporeon or Jolteon or both. I'm not too sure about what other Pokémon I'm going to put in my team at this moment, maybe Ninetales, especially its Alolan form if it is catahable in-game. Other than that, Eevee's certainly on my team.

Sprinter1988

I'll probably attempt to catch and train everything like normal, but my main team is likely to consist of at least Pikachu, Charizard, Lapras and Nidoking.
I like the vast majority of Kanto pokemon, so just about everything stands a chance of being used by me and making it into the final team.

I think I've settled on Eevee, Blastoise (assuming I'm gifted one like in yellow,) Nidoqueen, Starmie, Marowak (not sure which atm, leaning to kantonian,) and maybe vileplume. Of course, it also depends on what new pokemon they unveal. I don't know if it'll be a legend, or an eeveelution, or what, so I'm gonna have to keep my eye on that. It might replace Vileplume.

Takoto

Prince of Ampora
Probably going to try my Gen 1 favourites, so most likely;

Eevee (Flareon, if there's some way to evolve it, or get an Eevee which can evolve), Poliwrath, Beedrill, Vileplume, Chansey, and Dodrio.

Chansey is my favourite Gen 1 Pokémon overall (closely followed by Poliwhirl), and I know catching one is going to be a struggle, but I'll totally be worth it.

DSDark

Breeder

I would say that happiness won't be a stat in LGPE

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I'm going to have to wait until the games come out before I finalize the team I want to use, though I have some ideas and here's one of them:

Gengar
Onix
Alakazam
Charizard
Venasaur
Blastoise

But like I said I need to wait until the game comes out before I can finalize any ideas, who knows I may wind up using Pikachu in it since I can never bring myself to get rid of my starter, I tried it once back in gen 3 but it didn't feel right so I wound up restarting and bringing in the starter, I also like Primeape so there's that option I almost always used Primeape in Pokemon Yellow

Dragon Pulse

I would be fine with sticking to Generation I Pokémon if their evolutions from another generation were added (other Eeveelutions, Blissey, Kingdra, etc). I find it a bummer we can't evolve our Pikachu/Eevee.

I'll be getting LGE first, so my team will be somewhere on the lines of:
- Eevee / Vaporeon (might catch a wild Eevee and evolve it instead)
- Alolan Marowak
- Alolan Persian
- Clefable
- Hypno
- Dragonite

I'm also tempted to use Pidgeot, Arbok, Wigglytuff, Slowbro, Dewgong, and Gengar.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
With the amount of time I've invested in Pokémon GO recently, I'm starting to see the app might be heavily influencing my team.

However, I realized there is the issue of levels upon transfer. Something tells me the level of the pokemon will be relative to their CP at the time of transfer. If that is the case, I may have to hold off on training a bit to keep from getting their levels too high.

BlisseyEX

The happiness Pokémon
1) Not quite sure for the whole team yet but well... My original favourite Pokémon: Chansey will definitely be following me.
2) Snorlax
3) Gengar
4) Clefable
5) Alakazam
6) I have not thought this through

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Just as I figured, a pokemon's CP in Pokémon GO reflects their level in Let's GO.

I do hope we get a chart showing which range of CP reflect which range of levels. I don't want to find myself sending over Lv. 100 pokemon.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Just as I figured, a pokemon's CP in Pokémon GO reflects their level in Let's GO.

I do hope we get a chart showing which range of CP reflect which range of levels. I don't want to find myself sending over Lv. 100 pokemon.
We had pre-released screenshots showing a Level 10 Clefairy with 60 CP, and a Level 1 Hitmonlee with 2CP in GO Park. As the CP in GO is wiped off upon transfer to GO Park due to THIS, we can't say the comparison is equal.

In short, you can't send a Lv. 100 Pokemon based on information we've received so far, and there is even a possibility that all CP's might be reset and all transferred-Pokemon can be Level 1 in GO, even fully evolved. THIS screenshot can be an example.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
We had pre-released screenshots showing a Level 10 Clefairy with 60 CP, and a Level 1 Hitmonlee with 2CP in GO Park. As the CP in GO is wiped off upon transfer to GO Park due to THIS, we can't say the comparison is equal.

In short, you can't send a Lv. 100 Pokemon based on information we've received so far, and there is even a possibility that all CP's might be reset and all transferred-Pokemon can be Level 1 in GO, even fully evolved. THIS screenshot can be an example.

Then that's good to know.

While I do have two Cloyster, two Starmie, and two Pidgeot I intend to bring over, I also have a lot of pre-evolved forms I want to bring over as well, like my Bulbasaur and my Eevee. My question, though, is what becomes the levels of those with 1,000+ CP, of which I have quite a few? If Level 10 reflects 60 CP, I'm afraid to know what 1,400 CP could lead to.

I do hope you're right that the CP is reset and levels are lowered. That would make it a lot easier for me to form my team.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Might get LG Pikachu version. Might change due to Version Exclusives. As for types, my team will mirror my OG Kanto Team.
  • Raichu (Maybe Alolan one if it's not that hard since I made this character will be from Alola who got a Pikachu egg) (Electric, Jolteon)
  • Kabutops (Fossil, Aerodactyll)
  • Slowbro (Water, Blastoise)
  • Rydon (Ground, Nidoking)
  • Kangaskhan (Normal, Snorlax)
  • Rapidash (Fire, Arcanine)
Reserves:
  • Venomoth (Bug, Beedrill)
  • Primape (Fight, Hitmonlee)
  • Dodrio (Flying, Pidgeot)

Nockturne

Still on the fence about actually getting the game and I don't know my whole team, but since following Pokemon are back I'll definitely be using an unevolved Vulpix because that's always been the Pokemon I'd want as my version of Ash's Pikachu. And if I do get the game I'll be getting (and using) Eevee.

Status
Not open for further replies.