• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Let's GO! Pikachu/Eevee Team Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kage-Pikachu

I'm so glad you can ride Arcanine! It's definitely going to be an alternate on my team! Though I will still use Charizard too.

I can't wait to battle Lance with Mr. Mime and Alolan Ninetalesm poor chump!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
1. Pikachu
2. Charizard
3. Blastoise or Vaporeon, depends if I need to rely on GO to get a Eevee that can evolve. I'm not playing GO until I find a freaking Eevee.....
4. Onix (Obvious reasons)
5. Dragonite
6. Arcanine, doubling down on the Fire types because Charizard is one of my favorite Pokemon. And I wanna ride a fire doggo

Either Onix or Arcanine will get swapped out if the new Pokemon interests me.

1.Eevee (Starter)
2.Blastoise (I've only used Blastoise alongside Charizard and Venusaur in Yellow)
3.Arcanine (I'll transfer Growlithe from Go and catch it in the Go Park)
4.Victrebell (Since It is caught early on)
5.Pidgeot (Caught early on as well)
6.Alolan Sandslash (An Alolan mon I've never used, i used Alolan Ninetails in Sun and Alolan Persian in Ultra Moon)

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
3. Blastoise or Vaporeon, depends if I need to rely on GO to get a Eevee that can evolve. I'm not playing GO until I find a freaking Eevee.....

Eevees are relatively common these days, at least where I am.

I've caught at least one every two days. You should try it out.

Akashin

Eevees are relatively common these days, at least where I am.

I've caught at least one every two days. You should try it out.

I've had a lot of luck finding Eevee (made every Eeveelution with candy to spare), whereas my brother only just finally scrounged up enough candy to make a Vaporeon a couple weeks ago. So luck is definitely still a factor there, though he and I seem to be at opposite extremes there.

But even if you are struggling with finding Eevee, we've got Eevee coming in bulk for the next Community Day in a few weeks anyway. So if being able to find Eevee is what somebody is waiting for, now's the time, I'd say.

That all having been said, I can't see the starter Eevee being the only in-game Eevee when that's version exclusive and Pikachu isn't restricted the same way (we've seen a Pikachu on an LGE team, IIRC).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So I'm torn on my team, on one hand I'd like to go with my og pokemon team but on the other, I did use all three of the starters in Yellow so idk.

Kanto Team:

Venusaur
Pidgeot
Golem
Golduck
Arcanine
Magneton

Yellow Team:

Pikachu
Pidgeot
Venusaur
Blastoise
Charizard
Golem

After seeing us riding Arcanine, I definitely wanna use it but I also wanna fly on Charizard so I'm torn. Also I really wanna fly on Pidgeot if it's possible so I'm just torn lol.

AG128L

I’m hoping to use an Alolan Grimer on my team, but I’m worried they may only come from Go. And that since they only come from eggs, I won’t have hatched a (female) one by the time the game comes out.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Looking at the map again, I see I won't be able to truly start building my Lorelei team until I get to Fuchsia City. That's four badges in.

I can't even expedite it with Go Park, because that's in Fuchsia City too. I'm gonna have to find an interesting way around this to avoid making this a boring playthrough. Luckily, I can get Shellder before I reach Celadon, so if I can get my hands on a Water Stone, I'll be on the right track towards having this Ice team.

EDIT: If Let's GO is truly following the guise of Yellow, I could obtain a Water Stone from the Celedon Department Store, and I believe Celedon, along with Saffron and Lavender Town, is accessible prior to obtaining the Vermilion City gym badge. If this is the case, I just might be able to get a head start on making my Lorelei team before reaching the third gym. All I gotta do is follow A LOT of steps:

1. Accumulate enough money to purchase a Water Stone.
2. Go to Celedon City and purchase the Water Stone. AVOID ALL TRAINERS
3. Reach Lavender Town and obtain the Super Rod from the Fishing Guru. AVOID ALL TRAINERS
4. Go to the dock in Vermillion City and use the Super Rod to catch a Shellder. AVOID ALL TRAINERS
5. Use the Water Stone to evolve Shellder.
6. Go to Route 12 and use Super Rod to catch a Slowpoke.
7. Use all remaining trainers to train Slowpoke and Cloyster.
8. Beat the crap out of Lt. Surge.

Of course, this is only possible if all of what I need that existed in Yellow also exists in Let's GO. I hope it all does.

Last edited:

PirateKing

Still having a tough time deciding! I think I'll wait for story details and see which one I think fits in better. Like I'll want to use Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise and Pikachu like in Yellow Version, (With Rhydon,Pidgeot,and Gengar as the others) but lets say Red is a trainer we can battle, I wouldnt want 4/6 Pokemon another person in the story is gonna use!

Since my main team from FireRed/LeafGreen includes Jolteon, I might go with Eevee Version and use that team with Eevee unevolved.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Still having a tough time deciding! I think I'll wait for story details and see which one I think fits in better. Like I'll want to use Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise and Pikachu like in Yellow Version, (With Rhydon,Pidgeot,and Gengar as the others) but lets say Red is a trainer we can battle, I wouldnt want 4/6 Pokemon another person in the story is gonna use!

Since my main team from FireRed/LeafGreen includes Jolteon, I might go with Eevee Version and use that team with Eevee unevolved.

Honestly, I've been considering buying a second copy just do I can also do a TPP run.

I would love to play with that team, though it'll probably be a pain to find a female Lapras.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The following could end up as my team. Changes could happen, though.

1. Pikachu
2. Blastoise
3. Arcanine
4. Gengar
5. Pidgeot
6. Nidoking

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
After revising options for a full Kanto team, I decided to pick LGE and go with:
  1. Eevee,
  2. Ninetales,
  3. Starmie,
  4. Clefable,
  5. Pidgeot,
  6. Butterfree or Nidoqueen.
Now that I managed to catch/and evolve an Alolan Ninetales in GO, I may revise my team as:
  • Eevee, Raichu, Rapidash, Alolan Ninetales, Starmie and Pidgeot.

This is going to be my first time visiting gen 1, apart from youtube videos, so I'm pretty excited! Heres what I think my team will be:
Version: Lets go eevee (probably)

Jolteon (If eevee can evolve in this game, then I'll most likely use jolteon, since I really wanna use this thing)
Venusaur (If the original starters are available. If not, then replace this with victreebell)
Ninetales/Arcanine (If they are version exclusives, then I'll use the one that is in lets go eevee, but if they aren't then I'll probably use ninetales)
Lapras (I would really enjoy using Lapras considering how unique and cool it looks. Its also overpowered against lance)
Rhydon (Even if rhyperior is available, I won't use it since I like rhydon more and I don't have any friends with a switch that will be getting this game)
Snorlax (I've only used this pokemon on showdown, and its a blast to destroy everything with a variety of moves)

Pokemon I MIGHT use but I'm not really sure:

Primeape
Dragonite
Gengar if I somehow manage to find someone to trade with
Electabuzz if eevee can't evolve. It will also add an extra bit of challenge
Alakazam if eevee can't evolve, to replace snorlax. If again, I can't trade then I'll just use kadabra
And MAYBE pikachu if I get lets go pikachu

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I wonder if Snorlax will still be in with the dream flute plot thing...

It appears on the map in that location, so I'm guessing it will.

I do hope so. I always enjoyed that subplot (except for X & Y, it was just annoying then).

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I don't like swapping Pokemon out so...

1. Pikachu
2.Vileplume
3. Blastoise
4. Clefable
5. Arcanine/Ninetales(Depends on version exclusives)
6.Nidoking/Nidoqueen

I was going to use Eevee, but now that I think about it even if we can catch them in the wild, it'd probably be a bit harder than it looks. However, one thing is for sure, I am NOT going through half the game with a normal type that doesn't know any good moves (if it even gets some). I'm confident since Pikachu got double kick it can get some coverage, but Eevee has no STAB moves except for normal type moves..which don't even have a type advantage. I'd love to use one as my starter but Electric types are just wayyy more useful.

Matt-kun

ナマコブシ 最高のポケモン
Weezing and Gengar are definitely going to be on my team, Alolan Raichu if I can get it in Go and transfer it, as for the rest, I haven't decided.

Pikachu could end up staying in the team but that depends if starter Pikachu/Eevee gets something that normal Pikachu/Eevee doesn't.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur

The last 3 slots are a toss-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.