• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Link - [v7]

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
A long-shot, but...

One of the types of each Pokemon in this set are weak to one of the types of the next Pokemon not related to its evolutionary line.
Xatu --> Mareep (Flying is weak to Electric)
Flygon --> Cacnea (Ground is weak to Grass)
Weepinbell --> Tentacool (Grass is weak to Poison)
Deino --> Larvesta (Dark is weak to Bug)

Oh wow, how did you even notice that!? That has to be it.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Sorry for taking so long to update this again asjdkfhsakjdfhsajdkf. Interesting guess, DM, but it's not right.

Set 2 - Difficulty 4

Guesses
[2/10] - Lost Requiem
[1/10] - SS_Append
[4/10] - Armando Payne
[1/10] - Grim Heaper
[1/10] - Z-nogyrop
[1/10] - Dramatic Melody

Hints
[1] It has something to do with a feature in the games.
[2] It has something to do with an option on the Start Menu.
[3] It has something to do with the evolutionary lines of the Pokemon in this set.
[4] It has something to do with the Pokedex.

Armando Payne

Wait, what? Anyways could it be that they've all been included in an enhanced Pokedex of some kind? (Flygon & Deino were in the New Unova Pokedex and Weepinbell & Xatu were in the Johto Pokedex (Which added 5 more pokemon)

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Set 2 - Difficulty 4

Guesses
[2/10] - Lost Requiem
[1/10] - SS_Append
[5/10] - Armando Payne
[1/10] - Grim Heaper
[1/10] - Z-nogyrop
[1/10] - Dramatic Melody

Hints
[3] It has something to do with the evolutionary lines of the Pokemon in this set.

Think about what's included in a Pokedex entry for a Pokemon.

hint 2 is throwing me off.....

Could it be that in each of the familes there is a member that does not have a nest in it's native region?

Dusknoirdude23

*generic countdown*
Since a pokedex entry shows different forms, is it that each of the four pokemon has green as the main colour of their shiny form?

Armando Payne

Yeah, this one's impossible, all of the only ones which can work can't because of that goddamn Xatu family, I can link the other 3 easily at 2 different points (NOTE THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT, I REPEAT, NOT GUESSES.), those being A. At one point in time the attacking moves (I.E not status moves) mentioned in their pokedex were attacking moves and 2. They were all mentioned as savages at one point. Like if this was Odd One Out then yeah that goddamn bird thing would be odds-favourite but it's not.

May I have another hint?

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Kind of a lame guess, but I really can't come up with anything else right now. :/ Could it be that the first forms of each of these Pokemon (Natu, Bellsprout, Trapinch, Deino) have Pokedex entries that reference their diets? (Bellsprout hunts and eats bugs, Natu eats the shoots of trees, Trapinch preys on other things by waiting in a hole, Deino eats anything that moves)

Edit: Forgot to mention, if this guess is incorrect, I'd like to request another hint.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
@DJ: one of the options on the start menu is "Pokedex".

Set 2 - Difficulty 4

Guesses
[2/10] - Lost Requiem
[1/10] - SS_Append
[5/10] - Armando Payne
[1/10] - Grim Heaper
[1/10] - Z-nogyrop
[1/10] - Dramatic Melody
[1/10] - Sir DJ
[1/10] - Dusknoirdude23
[1/10] - Crimson Penguin

Hints
[5] It has something to do with the species names of their evolutionary relatives.

@DJ: one of the options on the start menu is "Pokedex".
Thought it was the starting menu/where you choose to continue game.... *facepalm*

Ok is it:
A pokemon in each family has a letter in there name that is beside the letter in the alphabet to the next letter in the name?
Bellsprout, Natu, Flygon, Hydreigon

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Each of their base stage (Natu, Deino, Trapinch, Bellsprout) have two syllables in their name.
That is my guess.

Dusknoirdude23

*generic countdown*
A pokemon in each of their evolutionary lines has a species name that is 6 letters long?
Xatu - Mystic
Bellsprout - Flower
Flygon - Mystic
Hydreigon - Brutal

RaveJackal

[Ocean Intensifies]
Is it that their evolutionary relatives' classifications and names all share at least one letter?
e.g. Hydreigon-Brutal
Bellsprout-Flower
Vibrava-Vibration

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Another out-there guess, but is it that their species names all reference animals?

Natu = Tiny Bird
Weepinbell/Victreebel = Flycatcher
Trapinch = Ant Pit
Hydreigon = Brutal (according to Dictionary.com, "brutal" can mean "animalistic, beastly")
Edit: Actually, for Deino's line, how about that Deino is the Irate Pokemon?

Great, I just made that guess seem even more lame. XD

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
In the last 7 letters of the English alphabet, there are T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.
The Pokémon in the set have their first letter (or a family members first letter) that go in the sequence, BUT it skips the even numbered letter.
For example, if 1 were T and 7 were Z, thus making the sequence (1)T, (2)U, (3)V, (4)W, (5)X, (6)Y, (7)Z, the odd numbered letters would be the first letter of one of the Pokémon in the set OR one of the Pokémon in the Pokémon's family in the set. This means if the even-numbered letters were omitted, the letters T,V,X,Z are left. This correlates to the following:
For Flygon, Trapinch starts with a T.
For Weepinbell, Victreebel starts with a V.
For Xatu, Xatu starts with an X.
For Zweilous, Zweilous starts with a Z.

This is my guess.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Here's my guess. Each Pokemon on this set has a member of its evolutionary line that shares a species name with at least one other Pokemon that is not on this set. Furthermore, said member of the evolutionary line is not the one shown on the set.

Zweilous is the Hostile Pokemon, but so is Basculin.
Bellsprout is the Flower Pokemon, and so is Bellossom.
Vibrava is the Vibration Pokemon, and so is Palpitoad.
And Natu is the Tiny Bird Pokemon, along with Pidgey and Spearow.

Last edited:

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
My guess is that they all share a classification with one other Pokemon that shares a type with them.

Hydreigon is the Brutal Pokemon, so is Sharpedo, and they're both Dark types.

Bellsprout is the Flower Pokemon, and so is Vileplume, and they're both Grass types.

Natu is the Tiny Bird Pokemon, and so is Pidgey, and they're both Flying types.

Vibrava is the Vibration Pokemon, and so is Seismitoad, and they're both Ground types.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Here's my guess. Each Pokemon on this set has a member of its evolutionary line that shares a species name with at least one other Pokemon that is not on this set. Furthermore, said member of the evolutionary line is not the one shown on the set.

Zweilous is the Hostile Pokemon, but so is Basculin.
Bellsprout is the Flower Pokemon, and so is Bellossom.
Vibrava is the Vibration Pokemon, and so is Palpitoad.
And Natu is the Tiny Bird Pokemon, along with Pidgey and Spearow.

Sorry for the delayed update, but gustavo 14 is correct, earning 10 points!

New set!

Set 3

374.png
208.png
25.png
111.png

Beldum | Steelix | Pikachu | Rhyhorn

Difficulty: 2

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
All of them are able to be traded in-game with a Gym Leader in HG/SS?

Beldum is obtainable from Steven
Steelix is obtainable from Jasmine
Pikachu is obtainable from Lt. Surge
Rhyhorn is obtainable from Brock

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
All of them are able to be traded in-game with a Gym Leader in HG/SS?

Beldum is obtainable from Steven
Steelix is obtainable from Jasmine
Pikachu is obtainable from Lt. Surge
Rhyhorn is obtainable from Brock

...Well that was quick hahaha. New set will be up soon, but 9 points to fango pango.

New Set!

Set 4

129.png
623.png
147.png
446.png

Magikarp | Golurk | Dratini | Munchlax

Difficulty: 5

Last edited: