• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mafia

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Pokémon Mafia

Pokémon Mafia

Celadon City. One of Kanto's biggest and most bustling cities, it has often found itself to be the heart of the Kanto Region in commerce, fun, and peace. Blessed with the Celadon Department Store, Game Corner, Celadon Hotel, and the protection and prestige of the Pokémon Gym, led by Celadon's very own Erika, Celadon City is a peaceful haven.

However, recently, trouble has been afoot. Shady individuals have been seen loitering about the Game Corner, and crime, vandalism, and theft of property and Pokémon have increased drastically. Indeed, some have blamed the trouble that is afoot on the appearance of Team Rocket, whose very presence seems to strike fear in the hearts of the fair people of Celadon.

The people have decided that they must act, and act fast, before they fall in the hands of Team Rocket, living under a mantle of fear. If there ever was to be such a time, the time to expunge them is now.

What is Mafia?
Mafia, also known as Wereweolves, is a game that can be played in real life, or online, usually on Forums.
At the start of the game, the Game Host(s), aka me and Sketchie, will give every player their Role through PM.
It is between two teams; the Town, and the Mafia.
The Town will get to know their role and only their own role, and will not know who else is Town or their respective roles. To win, all Mafia members must be dead.
The Mafia will get to know their role, and will also know the roles and identities of other Mafia members, and are allowed private conversation with them. Mafia members are able to kill a single person each night. To win, the Mafia must have equal amounts of members to the Town, or have the majority.

The game is split during two phases, the Day Phase, and the Night Phase.
During the Day Phase, everyone may post, and may Vote a single player to kill that day.
During the Night Phase, nobody may post in the Thread, but during this time, any actions that are Night-only may take place.
The Day Phase lasts 48 hours, and the Night Phase lasts 24 hours.

Once someone dies, they may no longer post in the Thread, and their role and identity will be revealed the next update.

The Roles

The People of Celadon
The People of Celadon are considered to be the "Town" of this game. They win once all Team Rocket members are dead.​

Pokémon Trainers (4 players)
A role similar to the Townie of regular games of Mafia.
Abilites:
  • May vote during the day on who to kill.

Gym Trainers (2 players)
A role similar to the Masons of regular games of Mafia.
Abilities:
  • Are given the identity of other Gym Trainers.
  • May converse in private with other Gym Trainers through the use of their Private Quick Topic.

Celadon Gym Leader Erika (1 player)
A role similar to the Vigilante of regular games of Mafia.
Abilities:
  • Once per game, during a Night Phase, may choose to automatically kill one person.

Nurse Joy (1 player)
A role similar to the Doctor of regular games of Mafia.
Abilities:
  • Every Night Phase, Nurse Joy may protect one living player, including herself, making her target stay alive had they been chosen to die that Night Phase.

Officer Jenny (1 player)
A role similar to the Cop of regular games of Mafia.
Abilities:
  • Every Night Phase, Officer Jenny may choose to investigate one other living player. Officer Jenny will then be informed of the role of that person.

Team Rocket
Team Rocket is considered to be the "Mafia" of this game. They win once their numbers are equal to or in majority to the townspeople.​

Team Rocket Grunt (2 players)
A role similar to the Goon of regular games of Mafia.
Abilities:
  • Is given the identity of other members of Team Rocket.
  • May converse in private with other members of Team Rocket through the use of their Private Quick Topic.
  • Every night, may choose alongside the other members of Team Rocket to kill one player.

Team Rocket Boss Giovanni
A role similar to the Godfather of regular games of Mafia.
Abilities:
  • Is given the identity of other members of Team Rocket.
  • May converse in private with other members of Team Rocket through the use of their Private Quick Topic.
  • Every night, may choose alongside the other members of Team Rocket to kill one player.
  • If inspected by Officer Jenny, investigation results will appear as being Town-aligned.

General Rules
  • Please don't discuss this game outside of this Thread or other designated areas unless I or Sketchie give permission to do so.
  • Any private communication may only be done through the Quick Topics me or Sketchie have sanctified.
  • You may not share your Quick Topics with anybody else in the game.
  • Do NOT post in this Thread during the Night Phase.
  • Voting is done as follows: Vote Player: *insert name here*.
  • If you want to change your vote, please say Rescind Vote before you do. If you do not, you later Votes will be considered null.
  • There is currently a maximum player list of 12 players.
  • If this turns out to popular enough, the amount of players will be extended to 16, then 20, to a maximum of 24 players. If the amount of players is extended, roles will be added.
  • If you break any rules we'll give you a warning, or, if its severe (like sharing your Quick Topic or something like that), Modkill you on the spot, revealing your role.

General Tips
  • Players may discuss who to vote for inside of this Thread or other areas permitted by me or Sketchie, alongside, well, actually voting for them.
  • Feel free to ask any questions you like in this Thread or your Quick Topics, and dirkac and Sketchie will try to come back to you as soon as we can :)

Handy Links
Mafia Wiki
A video tutorial on Mafia
A tutorial on Mafia from the Mafia Wiki
Common Roles

Hosted by: dirkac and Sketchie

Have fun c:

The game is open for sign ups now!

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
'Sup guys! A friendly, helpful bomp. :3c

NOW for the part I'm actually useful for! This post will be upd8'ed frequently.

Alive Players
1. vanillite1
2. Tangeh
3. SilverChiko
4. Infernobat
5. MarshtompMan
6. Monster Guy
7. shaymin_girl
8. Grey Walrus
9. fango pango
10. Aegon
11. fongerman
12. John Trainer

Dead Players
:p

Champions
:0

Last edited:

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Sign me up, been yet to be involved in mafia so this looks like a way to start.

Last edited:

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
If I can join, I will. I hope Pokemon Mafia can return to what it use to be.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Everyone that's posted is included now

Players:
1. vanillite1
2. Tangeh
3. SilverChiko
4. Infernobat
5. MarshtompMan
6. Monster Guy
7. shaymin_girl
8. Grey Walrus

Four spaces left.
Sketchie should update their post soon c:

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
Players:
1. vanillite1
2. Tangeh
3. SilverChiko
4. Infernobat
5. MarshtompMan
6. Monster Guy
7. shaymin_girl
8. Grey Walrus
9. fango pango

Aegon

Requesting to join. It's been a long time since I last played a Mafia game here.

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
Logged in to see if the state of this forum and potentially try another Pokemon Mafia. I doubt it'll ever reach the popularity it once had but here's to trying. Sign me up

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Players:
1. vanillite1
2. Tangeh
3. SilverChiko
4. Infernobat
5. MarshtompMan
6. Monster Guy
7. shaymin_girl
8. Grey Walrus
9. fango pango
10. Aegon
11. fongerman
12. John Trainer

And that is 12!
I'll wait a few days (3~) to see if any more would like to sign up.

But the quota has been met, and if no more signs appear in that time, the game should start.