• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masterclass #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGP_

Pokémon Masterclass #8

Approved by Ragnarok | Round One | Round Two | Semi Finals | Finals | Results

FbR7LDk.png

Serebii's Pokémon Masterclass #8

Tournament hosted by BGP_

Introduction

Welcome one and all to Serebii's 8th Pokémon Masterclass Tournament! This tournament ideally will pit the best of the best against each other to determine who rules the roost. Sixteen people will be competing for the crown but there can only be one winner!

How will this go down?

After we receive 16 signups, the first round will commence. Each round will last a week but the first round will be divided into a four and three day period. If an opponent is inactive for the four days after Round One begins, they will be subbed out and the round will continue as normal for the remaining three days.

Tournament Rules

• Matches will take place on Pokemon Showdown.
  • This tournament will be played with the 7th generation SM OU tier. Should a ban take place mid-round, the round will finish with the rules it started with, and the following will use the updated ban list.
  • All matches will be conducted in Singles format.
  • All matches will use standard battle clauses.
  • When filling out the application, you must list ONE registered PS name that you must use for the ENTIRE tournament.
  • Battles will be Best of 3. Basically, the first player to defeat their opponent twice advances.
Prizes

This year, the winner will receive a special prize, as part of the official tournaments and Guardian Circuit. This prize is the Pokémon Masterclass Champion badge, as seen below.
badgedesign2-25px_zpsbgocrjmp.png

Sign-Ups

Use this form below to sign-up. In the first section, put your username AS IT APPEARS ON THE FORUM. Sign-Ups will be open for 2 weeks.

Code:
[B][U]Battling:[/U][/B]
Forum Name | PS Name

[I][SIZE=1]Substitute battlers will also use this form to apply.[/SIZE][/I]

Example of an application:
BGP_ | BGP

Main Participants

01. Cryssy | CrystalNinetales
02. Conquer Phoenix| Candy Cane Queen
03. MMS | Snorby
04. MetalSonic | NO ANIME ALLOWED
05. rotomotorz | Rotomotorz
06. Archangel | Fantastic Beast
07. Saph~ | Saph
08. TikTok13 | TikTok13
09. FairyWitch | Fairywitch824
10. NeohopeSTF | neohopeSTF
11. Naoto Shirogane | naoto tour
12. Zold | ZoldPGL
13. Ger9119 | the pathfinder
14. Mcdanger | mcdanger
15. Connor | racine caree
16. 00swms | 00swms

Substitutes

01. Eliteknight l Guardian of Auir
02. twinyoshi45 | Twinyoshi45
03. Cosmic Fury | Cosmic Fury

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: My opponent is inactive? What do I do to avoid disqualification?
A: If you have PM'd your opponent and they do not respond, mark your activity by PMing/VMing me and/or posting on this thread so we can see you are the more active of the two. It is advised that you communicate through VM's so your activity can be measured unless you are unable.​
Q: What happened to betting?
A: I don't really have time to manage it as well this year. Apologies. Maybe next year.​
Q: How does this work with the Guardian Circuit?
A: Refer to the Guardian Circuit thread for more information.​
Q: I'm going to be away for the first few days of Round One. What can I do to avoid being subbed out?
A: Uh, then don't sign up. =/​

~~~
BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE =]
~~~​

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Cryssy | CrystalNinetales

Snorby

Snorby
MMS | Snorby or MeanMrSnorlax, usually the former.

BGP_

Last edited:

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Saph~ | Saph

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
NeohopeSTF | neohopeSTF

BGP_

Status
Not open for further replies.