1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by shoz999, May 30, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Mudkip

Pokémon Masters is an upcoming Pokémon spin-off developed by DeNA and published by the Pokémon Company, launching on IOS and Android devices sometime possibly in 2019. The game offers 3-on-3 Pokémon battles where you can team up with two other famous Pokémon trainers from past entries of the main series Pokémon games.

[​IMG]

Anyways, go nuts.

2. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime canon cop !

Remember that someone on thread saying something about some ani characters might show up ?
    Hope that true.

shoz999 likes this.
  3. shoz999

Here's the Gamexplain analysis on Pokemon Masters. They're a very trustworthy source and are very thorough on their analyses. However there is one part they did missed is that the Pokedex looks like the Porygon line.

4. Redstar45

Notice that red look like older version of his LET'S GO self and little bit of battle legend red in s&m and usum game

5. shoz999

One thing I never realized about Red is the badge on his hat. I thought it symbolized actual gym badges he obtained as most people have often concluded but it never EVER occurred to me that it could represent the starter Pokemon he has as seen here in how Red's badge not only symbolizes Charizard but Mega Charizard X. Does that mean this whole time that Red's original green leaf badge seen in his artwork symbolizes Venusaur!? And with that, I think we will also see Red have a Leaf and Water Badge symbolizing Venusaur and Blastoise because Blue Oak's signature Pokemon is portrayed as Pidgeot, not any of the Kanto starters or even Eevee.

6. Redstar45

Have you been noted that red is wear same outfit as boy player ? ber zipper of course.

7. shoz999

Huh... neat. So it's a new version of Red. I guess if there's a new version of Green (Fem Protag), she could possibly have a design that looks similar to that of the girl player's outfit.

8. Redstar45

And he doesn't have a hair bang and Frlg sideburns ? @shoz999

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  9. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

Apparently this is just the pokemon version of an already existing game format and the should be more and more characters available to play, but many of them will be hidden behid a paywall. So if that will be the case there could be dozens of interesting characters included who are otherwise underused.

shoz999 and Redstar45 like this.
  10. shoz999

I don't follow.

11. Redstar45

In gen 1 and 2 he have a hair like this [​IMG]

And in gen 3 onwards he now had a brown hair and sideburns like hair [​IMG]

12. Boss1991

Boss1991 A real Pokéfan

• Mild Signature Infraction
    Is this officially the only type of battles available in the game?

I hope single battles are available as well.

13. shoz999

Currently, this is the only confirmed battle format.

14. Boss1991

Boss1991 A real Pokéfan

Key word being "currently".

15. shoz999

Yup, that means their's still more information that Pokemon Masters could unpack in the future.

Boss1991 likes this.
  16. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

This seems like the kind of mobile game that we should've gotten to celebrate the franchise's 20th anniversary years ago in place of Pokemon GO, because this Pokemon Masters game seems to focus on the various iconic trainers from each generation, so it seems much more appealing to me since it's not just Kanto nostalgia pandering the way that Pokemon GO was for like the first year.