• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Barry’s outfit is a nice homage to Kamen Rider Den-O, given the immense popularity of the series in Japan. Since Heracross is a rhinoceros beetle, shouldn’t Barry have gotten Kabuto’s costume instead?
Barry's outfit seems to channel a bit of the original Kamen Riders (Ichigo and Nigo) but the pallette is awfully similar to the one used in the currently running Kamen Rider Gotchard, which is funny because season's gimmick is collecting monsters. The chemies are pretty much pokémon, right down to saying their own names instead of speaking lol

Selene's a mix of other Shotaro Ishinomori creations, those being Cyborg 009 with a bit of Super Sentai

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Battle Rally's Thorton is a real pain to beat without the Apple Cup. He receives simply too many boosts that are hard to cancel. And if the roles are against you, good luck trying to clear that massive defense change, which will render your leading attacker useless because this game isn't that big into dual offense types. Oh, and on top of that, the battle really wants you to bring a fire debuffer, which AFAIK, it's only...Soccer Gloria.

And what's the point about debuffing him with negative status changes when he has the damn option to apply a barrier to keep them off for a while when he's hit with one? He becomes a wall who can heal absurd amounts of HP through regen.

ailehunter

Battle Rally's Thorton is a real pain to beat without the Apple Cup. He receives simply too many boosts that are hard to cancel. And if the roles are against you, good luck trying to clear that massive defense change, which will render your leading attacker useless because this game isn't that big into dual offense types. Oh, and on top of that, the battle really wants you to bring a fire debuffer, which AFAIK, it's only...Soccer Gloria.

And what's the point about debuffing him with negative status changes when he has the damn option to apply a barrier to keep them off for a while when he's hit with one? He becomes a wall who can heal absurd amounts of HP through regen.
Thorton has a defensse switch. He becomes susceptible to Physical Attacks at 60% HP. Otherwise he's susceptible to Special Attacks.

Rebuffs work for NC Leaf, but you can do Restrain like SS Serena, allowing you to hit hard.

Use mixed damage dealers there.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Thorton has a defensse switch. He becomes susceptible to Physical Attacks at 60% HP. Otherwise he's susceptible to Special Attacks.

Rebuffs work for NC Leaf, but you can do Restrain like SS Serena, allowing you to hit hard.

Use mixed damage dealers there.
The main problem here is that the roles for bonus points just won't align with his battle.

Though I did forget about NC!Leaf, but her role wasn't needed in my run.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Managed to get Selene in the first tier scout. And with that, I'm done with pulling for this month as I'm not in a rush to get Barry

LordSerperior

9600 points at the rally today, a new high for me. Getting the rival bonus wasn't so great but no sprint/field areas helped a lot. Darach being the final battle also makes things significantly easier.

Wonder if we'll get Noland and Dahlia (and maybe some of the missing Hoenn frontier brains) added to the rally next month.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Mine was hard today. Got the water type theme skill which isn't so bad but then stage two was like Field/Sprint (which then would repeat later). With no Field water type, I had to use workarounds.

The only bright side is MP Pizza was avaliable in the first one so I managed to use Nemona to act as a pseudo-tank (basically spam her trainer move)