• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

Wally finally gets an alt! He's my definite pull this month and I thank the anniversary for being as boring as it was.

As for the unannounced stuff.

Glacia's EX looks top tier. She's definitely going to be quite high up on my EX priority even though I don't use her very often and rarely sync with her when I do. But a support EX that also has a mega evolution has its uses and she could use the extra stats from the promotion.

I really like Rillaboom and even the kit but I can't justify spending any gems on Victor.

Gordie and Melony should be general pool so not pulling them but Melony's screen extension passives can be really useful. I welcome NPCs becoming playable if it means more free units but it is really funny that the Hex Maniac got added so soon after Aura predicted her.

I like the Halloween units but they are a bit of a step down from last year. The event runs into November so I'll decide whether to pull both, just Iris or none based on the datamine for the next month.

I haven't seen any discussions of the content of the Paulo interlude which should have some clues for the next VA but after everything coming this month, I'm hoping for it to be Kalos. I need to save gems and could use a Sycamore EX.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Kek inb4 they add mp refresh 9/extend range to b thunderbolt and other busted damage mods on Ash’s 4/5 & 5/5 grid

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Not feeling great about these Fair exclusive tiles. I bumped Ash to 5/5 just for fun, not because I thought it would (eventually) be used for some super special buff.

I'm a little worried that base Leon's Max Move tiles will be locked behind this.

LordSerperior

I actually like the fair exclusive tiles. Going by the three that we got, they're not necessary for the unit but its a nice boost if you do go for it. I don't even 3/5 my limited units unless they're a favourite that I use a lot. I see it less as an incentive to pull units 5/5 but more as bragging rights for pulling 5/5.

LordSerperior

Need is entirely dependent on the player's circumstances. I expect the exclusive tiles to only get stronger with time but you still get the rest of the grid to work with. There's plenty of units that apparently "need" 3/5 to function that I have been using at 1/5 (despite having enough candies to spare), Champion Iris, Summer Marnie and Palentine Serena to name a few.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
The issue I have with the addition is that the economy of the game is very unfriendly towards it. This month alone we have three limited units ignoring reruns: FIris, FAlister, and Victor, and they only give 24K gems this month meaning to have the safety net of a pity you have to have an extra 12K lying around. Then you have to consider the previous month dropped three Master Fairs and a Pokefair and the next month is a VA that will likely drop at least two Master Fairs and at least one Pokefair going by previous arcs with it being implied to be Unova with Colress' theme and model, a region with very popular characters. If you want multiple characters out of these past three months you're already going to be stretched thin trying to get them at 1/5 to start, much less getting them to 3/5, and 5/5 adds even more strain to that since that requires extreme luck, a huge surplus of gems, and/or real life money. Candies do help, but the current economy of the game means trading the coins for them is not that fast and getting enough for 3/5 is already another trial, so adding another two candies for your favorite to operate at their best is again another strain on the players.

In the end the addition of an expanded grid just isn't favorable. Unless you go into hard saving mode you're likely not going to have the resources needed to get a character to 5/5 without paying up, and that's not really good for F2P and low spenders.

LordSerperior

The point I was making was that there is no need to pull 5 copies for a character even after the addition of the exclusive tiles. With all the free characters they've been giving and expanding grids for old characters and everything else, you don't need to pull characters just to clear content. The only incentive to pull really is for your favourites and for those some people have been pulling 5/5 even without the extra tiles. The addition just rewards those people for it, it is not good or game changing enough to encourage people to pull extra copies.

The thing with trying to get all characters is just the reality with gachas in general. As a f2p player, you need to come to terms with the fact that you will not be able to get every character and prioritise accordingly. I started playing a month after launch, haven't spent anything on the game and there's only two limited characters so far that I really want but don't have (Classic Elesa and Fall Morty) and that was definitely due to some unwise decisions I made. The game will always market new characters and features as must haves because it benefits them, looking past that hype and figuring out where the personal enjoyment in the game lies is up to every individual.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Got Melancholic Wally after 6k gems! Can't say no to wishes on top of Buddy Moves.

Back to saving...since earlier I had broken and spent like 20k gems to get Archie, whom I got, so I can't do multi-pulls for now.

LordSerperior

Got Wally on my 3rd multi, continuing my luck from SC Rosa. Hopefully it continues if Unova is indeed the next VA which seems very likely. Hilbert got new voice lines for his Halloween alt which has been a good indicator for upcoming alts in the past but then so did Acerola so it could mean nothing.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Got Wally on my 3rd multi, continuing my luck from SC Rosa. Hopefully it continues if Unova is indeed the next VA which seems very likely. Hilbert got new voice lines for his Halloween alt which has been a good indicator for upcoming alts in the past but then so did Acerola so it could mean nothing.
They’ve be giving old seasonals new voicelines for awhile now though iirc. I remember May and Burgh got some. Also generally the voicelines have been added on the same update that an alt is added.

Colress being in the latest update is probably a sign of Unova being next though.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
i want to get Ali and Gordie! if i get the game now, is there a decent probability of getting them without spending a ton of money?

Ignition

i want to get Ali and Gordie! if i get the game now, is there a decent probability of getting them without spending a ton of money?
Yeah new players get tons of gems from completing events so it’s a good chance you wouldn’t have to spend any money. I’d prioritize Allister since his alt is limited time while his base version with Gengar and Gordie are general pool pairs which mean they’ll be here forever and you could pull them anytime on any banner.

LordSerperior

You need 36.6k gems to guarantee a character in the game. If you're lucky, you can get them earlier, the odds are not bad for a gacha game, but I never take my chances unless I have enough gems for a pity.

If you start now, you probably won't get enough gems to pity by the end of the month I think so pulling would be a risk. Luckily Gordie is not a limited character which means you can pull him (or more likely pity him) on any of the banners after his own banner leaves.

Not sure who Ali is. I'm assuming it's either Allister or Lisia's Altaria? Both of those are also regular pool characters that can be pulled on any banner. Allister's halloween alt is limited and will not be available to pull after his banner ends. You might be able to get enough gems to pity before his banner leaves though as it goes into November but hard to say right now.

The odds get better if you are willing to spend money, I'm completely f2p so I'm not familiar with the rates of gems. Generally speaking, I would consider it a mostly f2p friendly game where you can get most characters you like if you can prioritise which characters to spend gems on.

Edit: I forgot about all the gems available to new players like from the story and such as Ignition mentioned so I believe you should be able to pity at least one character.

Ignition

Between missions, both story arcs, events, sync pair stories, co-op battles, bingo, login bonuses, and the training area, new players should be able to secure at least one spark in their first month of playing

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
This game is nice but they really need to add more challenging battles or a new battle facility or a revamped CS or more extreme battles. anything...

LordSerperior

I really like the idea of the monthly pokefairs. Gives me the chance of pulling characters I missed without having to worry about the pulling characters I already have on the dual and triple banners. I'm assuming they're gonna do all the base characters first to add them to the lodge and then hopefully we can get some alts. Mostly just want Classic Elesa and maybe Bede and SS Giovanni.

Ignition

Warmed up to TL a bit. Still think the actual gameplay is boring and monotonous but I like the rewards a lot. I've been able to EX characters a lot more quicker now and the Lodge freebies are nice for Gauntlet