• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

Finally, got both lodge Elesa and Raihan and since I don't have Cynthia, only two more left. Hoping for another general pool unit next month.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
N also seems to lose interest very easily, and I'm having a lot more trouble raising his friendship level than the other two trainers I invited (Rosa and Lillie). I haven't been using items though, so I should probably be investing them in him.

Anyway, I noticed a few days ago they put out an ad in the News feed for SV. Is there any reason why they would be promoting it other than the obvious? Are they more likely to add SV characters to Masters EX down the line or are they going to phase out Masters EX and come out with a new mobile game that's similar?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
N also seems to lose interest very easily, and I'm having a lot more trouble raising his friendship level than the other two trainers I invited (Rosa and Lillie). I haven't been using items though, so I should probably be investing them in him.

Anyway, I noticed a few days ago they put out an ad in the News feed for SV. Is there any reason why they would be promoting it other than the obvious? Are they more likely to add SV characters to Masters EX down the line or are they going to phase out Masters EX and come out with a new mobile game that's similar?
They've done that for SwSh, BDSP, & LA. It's just a small promotion that doesn't mean much imo. It took them a year after SwSh was released to get our first Galar character in Gloria but I'm sure Paldea characters are at least being considered.

LordSerperior

Yeah, I would say items make it a lot better. I use all of the interaction items, except the feel ring and use silver presents for all interactions. Bronze and silver crystals are common enough that those should be affordable.

The ad's just to promote the game and nothing else, we had those for SwSh, the DLCs, BDSP and LA as well. I think they give out gems as presents and special log in rewards to celebrate the game's release and characters will talk about Paldea in the lobby. It took them a whole year to add SwSh characters and we still don't have anyone from LA so I wouldn't get my hopes up for SV characters anytime soon. They should eventually come though.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Elesa's been taking a lot of resets to get an optimal run with her.

Well, currently she is level 79, so I'm close to getting done with her.

Really, nowdays I do the Lodge mostly for the certificates as I've reached level 100 with the ones I wanted

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Just got SS!N in my first 10 pull. Not sure what to use my Gems on next, but I'm also running a bit low so it'd probably be a good time to save them. Haven't touched the new Plasma content yet because it's late in my timezone and I don't want to stay up too long.

The ad's just to promote the game and nothing else, we had those for SwSh, the DLCs, BDSP and LA as well. I think they give out gems as presents and special log in rewards to celebrate the game's release and characters will talk about Paldea in the lobby. It took them a whole year to add SwSh characters and we still don't have anyone from LA so I wouldn't get my hopes up for SV characters anytime soon. They should eventually come though.

I suspect that they're not going to include LA characters (they could, but I don't think they will). LA is a kind of side game set in the past, so they'd have to do some time travel shenanigans to write them into the plot (which would be harder to pull off convincingly) and because they gave it the shaft by announcing SV a month after it released, SV has overshadowed it. Seems like it'd be too much effort for too little reward for them and they're more likely not to touch the Hisui characters (NGL though, I wouldn't mind pulling on Irida if they actually do add in Hisui characters). I think they're either going to skip straight to SV or just not touch anything after Galar depending on whether or not they think they can keep the game going for another 2 or 3 years.

LordSerperior

Had to pity SS N, I guess my luck on Hilda and Hilbert's banner had to even out somehow. Should be back to 4 sparks by the end of the month. Hoping for a skippable December so I can splurge on NY.

I suspect that they're not going to include LA characters (they could, but I don't think they will). LA is a kind of side game set in the past, so they'd have to do some time travel shenanigans to write them into the plot (which would be harder to pull off convincingly) and because they gave it the shaft by announcing SV a month after it released, SV has overshadowed it. Seems like it'd be too much effort for too little reward for them and they're more likely not to touch the Hisui characters. I think they're either going to skip straight to SV or just not touch anything after Galar depending on whether or not they think they can keep the game going for another 2 or 3 years.
The game is doing better than it ever has, there's no reason atm to think its run its course. Not adding characters from LA and SV would be the equivalent of trying to kill the game themselves. We have alternate versions of characters coming to Pasio and the logistics of it makea absolutely no sense, adding time travel to give people characters they want is not a step too far from that. Adaman, Irida, Volo, Cogita, Arezu, there's a lot of popular characters from the game, I don't think its too little reward for them.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
lmao N just forgot about Reshiram

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That part where N says "Hilbert, Hilda, Rosa... Even Nate"

They know, don't they?

Anyway, aside the out-of-nowhere Hilbert's Kyurem, it was a good event. As usual, Unova gets the best events.

No joke, all of those events revolving around N end up being a tier above the others. They really like the region.

Hope the game lives long enough until we get something like BW3 or a Legends-esque game.

LordSerperior

That and even Nate line made me laugh. I loved it.

I had Elesa and Joltik show up in the Pokemon centre and I just love how small and adorable Joltik is. I almost didn't notice it. Time to use it in battle with Groudon or something.

Used Hapu for the first time since her grid came out and while still a bit underwhelming, was happy to see her take ground weak Aaron with relative ease.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Extreme Battle wasn't that bad this time. Finished it with Halloween Caitlin (1/5), Anni N(1/5) and Ghetsis (with expanded grid unlocked).

Good I got enough materials to fully boost Ghetsis as the free move after sync was quite handy alongside Anni N's guage acceleration.

Caitlin fell when it Hydreigon was on one health but luckily, since N's had burned Hydreigon before, it went down.

As for the Lodge, I've finally finished Elesa today. Will start with either N or Sycamore tomorrow. Haven't decided

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Extreme Battle wasn't that bad this time. Finished it with Halloween Caitlin (1/5), Anni N(1/5) and Ghetsis (with expanded grid unlocked).

Good I got enough materials to fully boost Ghetsis as the free move after sync was quite handy alongside Anni N's guage acceleration.

Caitlin fell when it Hydreigon was on one health but luckily, since N's had burned Hydreigon before, it went down.

As for the Lodge, I've finally finished Elesa today. Will start with either N or Sycamore tomorrow. Haven't decided
I barely broke a sweat with this extreme battle. Ghetsis, AnniN, and Skyla helped carry me through this battle. It also helps to have the Noble Roar Double Drop ability to decrease the enemies’ attack.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Was expecting worse especially after Looker's Extreme Battle for the Hoenn VA but it was the easiest yet. I used Ghetsis, Classic Elesa, and Skyla. Classic Elesa debuffed them so much I didn't even need to use a Potion to heal.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Haven't thought about using Classic Elesa. And I did pull her in the select scout lol

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Well, I did use Dennis and H!Caitlin, but I was using SS!N instead of A!N. Still made it work.

By the way, I just like the Unova chapter just because of Colress.
It’ll be interesting to see how Colress will appear in Alola’s chapter since he also shows up, along with Grimsley.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I usually don't have the currently shilled unit for these extreme battles. I did this time.
Majicos N/Ghetsis/Halloween Cattleya absolutely decimated this stage.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Haha the Ghetsis/Majicos N/Majicos Kamitsure team can do the missions in the battle challenge for the most recent event on AUTO.