• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think that's much of an issue. SwSh characters came a year after the game and even a couple of months after the Crown Tundra DLC and people still pulled on them enough for them to get multiple alts in a very short time. People are still pulling for Lillie and N years after their original games. The popular characters will sell, the less popular ones will get added to the general pool. Akari, Adaman, Irida, Volo, Cogita, Arezu and Legends Ingo are all characters that can easily carry pokefair banners imo. Also I don't expect SV characters to be added soon so there won't be any direct competition. The games character focus means it will always attract a more niche audience than the main games or even go.

Ehh, I'm not sure the LA characters are very popular though, I haven't seen much of them since the game came out. LA seems more popular for its gameplay than its characters, the most I hear about LA is more in reference to how they wish certain gameplay mechanics were in SV.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Serena love u

LordSerperior

Ehh, I'm not sure the LA characters are very popular though, I haven't seen much of them since the game came out. LA seems more popular for its gameplay than its characters, the most I hear about LA is more in reference to how they wish certain gameplay mechanics were in SV.
The characters have always been a niche topic within discussions as the average fan is primarily interested in the Pokemon not the humans. Outside of heavily marketed characters like N, Lillie and Leon, not many people talk about them. That said the Pokemon fandom at large does not play masters but within the game's community, there definitely is a lot of interest in Hisui characters. From what I've seen online (which might not be representative of the entire playerbase), Volo is the most requested character right now. All the other characters I listed also show up as sync pair fan concepts often enough.

Heekful

The characters have always been a niche topic within discussions as the average fan is primarily interested in the Pokemon not the humans. Outside of heavily marketed characters like N, Lillie and Leon, not many people talk about them. That said the Pokemon fandom at large does not play masters but within the game's community, there definitely is a lot of interest in Hisui characters. From what I've seen online (which might not be representative of the entire playerbase), Volo is the most requested character right now. All the other characters I listed also show up as sync pair fan concepts often enough.

I agree that humans are kinda niche for casuals players but there's definitely more popular characters than you think, not only Lillie or N , there's Blue , Steven , Cynthia , Raihan and even Serena who just got a SECOND Master Fair, those characters can be as marketable as some Pokemon sometimes.

Finally Kalos.

YES we finally winning ! and the Kalos Vilain arc still hasn't come ! Ready for Serena alt number 6 lol.

LordSerperior

I agree that humans are kinda niche for casuals players but there's definitely more popular characters than you think, not only Lillie or N , there's Blue , Steven , Cynthia , Raihan and even Serena who just got a SECOND Master Fair, those characters can be as marketable as some Pokemon sometimes.
Umm I never said Lillie and N are the only popular characters, I used them as an example of characters that are heavily marketed by TPC. They're just the ones I could think of at the moment. Yes, all the characters you mentioned are also in the same category as Lillie and N, so idk what your point is? Pokemon is a creature collection franchise so the vast majority of its audience will be more invested in the creatures over the human characters, that's just the nature of the genre.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Neither Has Battle Bond right?
With the recent events, battle bond may not even show up at all, but seeing how this game acts as a retirement home for GF’s discarded ideas (welcome to the club GMAX/DMAX!) there’s still a small chance

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Man I was so excited when I guessed Sawsbuck right just for it to go to Whitney. Why couldn't it have been Cheren to redeem him after that awful grid? 3 Terrains looks nice though. I like Jasmine and Mega Amphy but not to the point of needing to pull. I like the XY protagonists and Greninja but they're in a similar situation. Hilda robbed me of all my gems so I need to save for NY Volkner's rerun. Happy for Fantina EX. Will invest in her after Sidney and Phoebe. 3/4* grids this time look neat. Thank god for character customization I do not like the MC design. Having an offical restart button and being able to use characters of the same name on 1 team are nice as well. Oh and Kalos League is almost confirmed. Overall, a decent update.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Little Fun fact:

With Calem and Serena now bringing Greninja into Masters

This now marks EVERY single Water Starter making it into Masters at some point (with the obvious exception of the Quaxly line since Gen 9 hasn't been implemented into the game yet)

Blue has Blastoise
Kris has Feraligatr
May has Swampert
Barry has Empoleon
Hilbert has Samurott
Serena and Calem have Greninja
Elios has Primarina
Gloria has Inteleon

With Fire Starters we're still missing Cinderace

With Grass Starters we're still missing Chestnaught

Big Man from Splatoon would be Proud :p

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
At last, Jasmine gets to use Amphy!

Whitney, you dimwit. It's Winter, not Spring. Also, you're just asking to get frostbite.

So who's ready to beat Cynthia with 3 Cynthias.

And it can work! She actually covers all three roles.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's going to take me a while to get the two ninjas. Good thing I barely care about the Christmas units.

Little story event was nice, explaining how a Neo Champion isn't about who's the strongest. Alder continues to be the top teacher which is why he should totally apply to Paldea's academy.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Got Serena in the 5th multi. Not bad.

Still thinking what they plan for Kalos VA because what else could they use outside of alts for Diantha and Lyssandre? And really, it it's only them, it'd be quite dissapointing.

Will keep lowkey hopes of Ash and his Greninja making it.
With Fire Starters we're still missing Cinderace

With Grass Starters we're still missing Chesnaught
Both of my favorites.

And I probably won't pull for them because they'll end up in the hands of characters I dislike (Shauna and Hop)

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
IIRC Masked sina and dexio are heavily hinted for some time now.

So maybe its them alongside shauna for the VA
They’ll have to show the masked heroes, eventually, as they both appear in Sun & Moon (for Alola’s VA) searching for Zygarde cores.

Other than those two, there’s AZ, Malva, Drasna, Tierno, Trevor, Olympia, & Emma to name a few.

Yes, Unova VA was just “N”ostalgia overload and nothing more, outside of Colress and Hugh. It’s a shame they didn’t make the Striaton triplets as playable characters for this arc.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Both of my favorites.

And I probably won't pull for them because they'll end up in the hands of characters I dislike (Shauna and Hop)
If you're lucky Cinderace could end up in a Signa Suit with either Gloria or Victor or possibly another Alt with Leon

Chestnaught is pretty much doomed to go to Shauna if Calem doesn't get in another master fair way down the line

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Still thinking what they plan for Kalos VA because what else could they use outside of alts for Diantha and Lyssandre? And really, it it's only them, it'd be quite dissapointing.
Assuming they skip the MCs, those two and AZ as Pokefairs, Malva and Shauna as spotlights seems like a possible set following what they did with Hoenn and Unova. Sycamore could also pop in, but so far Cyrus is the only one that has doubled up on his freebie boost and a gacha alt so the track record isn't in his favor. Not sure on the Pokemon though, aside from Pyroar for Malva and maybe Chesnaught for Shauna.

Heekful

I'm pretty sure DeNA will still find a way to put a new Serena in here for Kalos VA (and if you don't think they will that's just copium) whether it's a SS Serena & Zygarde rerun or a new alt (Pokefair this time) with shiny Sylveon or something.

A Diantha and Goodra alt is a huge possibility too (if Shauna gets Chesnaught) because Goodra is one of the few popular Kalos mons left, same with Noivern if they make Drasna spotlight.

And finally AZ and Eternal Floette as a Pokefair to take advantage of the fact that Eternal Floette has never been available in any games so far.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I'm pretty sure DeNA will still find a way to put a new Serena in here for Kalos VA (and if you don't think they will that's just copium) whether it's a SS Serena & Zygarde rerun or a new alt (Pokefair this time) with shiny Sylveon or something.

A Diantha and Goodra alt is a huge possibility too (if Shauna gets Chesnaught) because Goodra is one of the few popular Kalos mons left, same with Noivern if they make Drasna spotlight.

And finally AZ and Eternal Floette as a Pokefair to take advantage of the fact that Eternal Floette has never been available in any games so far.
All choices sound wonderful
It is Kalos after all so no wonder