• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Got another copy of Darach which is something i suppose. Eventually want to upgrade from Blue with him or Lysandre.
No new pairs but got my 3rd copy of SS Leaf from the NY tickets so not too bad. She was a candidate for one of my 8 tech candies so glad I didn't use one. Also maxed out Dawn at the Lodge so back to rewardless interactions with Silver.

With the villa and LA missions, I'll finally cross 200k gems, putting me in a very comfortable spot for the Alola VA.
Hoping for anything specifically for the eventual Alola arc?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Got another copy of Darach which is something i suppose. Eventually want to upgrade from Blue with him or Lysandre.

Lodge Serena is a pretty nice flying attacker too imo

LordSerperior

Hoping for an SS Lusamine rerun, didn't have enough gems for her the first time and hopefully a nice Selene alt. Still haven't been able to get regular Selene so an alt would be good compensation. My Alola pool is starting to feel a bit dated so just new units to spice things a bit would be nice.

Ignition

Hoping for an SS Lusamine rerun, didn't have enough gems for her the first time and hopefully a nice Selene alt. Still haven't been able to get regular Selene so an alt would be good compensation. My Alola pool is starting to feel a bit dated so just new units to spice things a bit would be nice.
Also hoping for alts for the Alola protagonists since they're the only ones without any besides Victor. My main hope is a Gladion alt though. Any Blacephalon/Xurkitree pair would most likely be a pull for me as well. Coincidentally I'm in the process of EXing Selene right now. Hope you get here sooner than later as well as SS Lusamine.

LordSerperior

Also hoping for alts for the Alola protagonists since they're the only ones without any besides Victor. My main hope is a Gladion alt though. Any Blacephalon/Xurkitree pair would most likely be a pull for me as well. Coincidentally I'm in the process of EXing Selene right now. Hope you get here sooner than later as well as SS Lusamine.
Alts for new characters would be nice in general, half of all Alolan alts right now are Lillie. Giving Solgaleo to MC was also one of my least favourite things about the game.

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Ryuki to finally be playable, hopefully. Turtonator is the only option he could have.

Aside from the usual Alts, adding characters who are not in this game, Ilmia, Ultra Recon Squad, etc. Definitely pulling for Anabel if she’s playable.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Honestly I'm more interested in Kalos than Alola, not really big on the Alola characters other than Lillie who's already received a lot of alts. Meanwhile Kalos is missing a lot of characters and only has 2 freaking characters in its Ticket Scout. Definitely need to expand that with the new characters they're introducing in the VA.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
With the villa and LA missions, I'll finally cross 200k gems, putting me in a very comfortable spot for the Alola VA.
Wow, you got even more than mine. I have to yet reach 140k (almost there though)

Ignition

Alts for new characters would be nice in general, half of all Alolan alts right now are Lillie. Giving Solgaleo to MC was also one of my least favourite things about the game.
Yeah I don't understand that. Maybe they felt their non MC choices for it were limited? One of the URS would've been nice. Such a tease to have Hau in the event for exposition just for you to get it. It's almost been a year since Lillie got an alt so her time is coming surely but would love alts for anyone.
Ryuki to finally be playable, hopefully. Turtonator is the only option he could have.

Aside from the usual Alts, adding characters who are not in this game, Ilmia, Ultra Recon Squad, etc. Definitely pulling for Anabel if she’s playable.
Oh this too! Characters like Hugh have been in NPC hell far shorter than he has. It's about time they let him join the rest. I just want more characters in general. Tired of so many (limited) alts. First 4 months of last year only had 1 new character in Lucas lol.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Guys... Moltres SUCKS!!! I can bring a team around changing the weather, or I can accommodate the special missions, but I can't do both! What setups did people clear the missions with?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Oh, wait. These NY tickets are actually cheap one-pull tickets. I knew there was something fishy just putting the SS Kanto trio in it.

Honestly it would've been sufficient to just have a guaranteed 5 Star with a 10% of pulling one of the SS Kanto trio, not a 10% chance of pulling a % Star with the SS Kanto trio being one of them. As is 90% of the time you'll just be getting 3 and 4 Star powerups tickets because you've probably already pulled all of the actual characters by now unless you're a newbie.

LordSerperior

I like Kalos for it's Pokémon design but the human characters are easily the most forgettable designs and the story doesn't help.

Wow, you got even more than mine. I have to yet reach 140k (almost there though)
It's the highest I've ever had. Not caring about the meta and the recent focus on characters I don't like has been a blessing as was pulling Lisia on my first multi.

Guys... Moltres SUCKS!!! I can bring a team around changing the weather, or I can accommodate the special missions, but I can't do both! What setups did people clear the missions with?
You can use 9 pairs. Use mission pairs first and then clear with appropriate team. I went Wikstrom/Siebold/Grant for team 1 and then beat it with Bertha/Brock/SC Hilda.

Honestly it would've been sufficient to just have a guaranteed 5 Star with a 10% of pulling one of the SS Kanto trio, not a 10% chance of pulling a % Star with the SS Kanto trio being one of them. As is 90% of the time you'll just be getting 3 and 4 Star powerups tickets because you've probably already pulled all of the actual characters by now unless you're a newbie.
They're free pulls. I wouldn't expect those odds of getting popular, useful characters outside of anniversaries and maybe even during anniversaries.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I like Kalos for it's Pokémon design but the human characters are easily the most forgettable designs and the story doesn't help.

It's the highest I've ever had. Not caring about the meta and the recent focus on characters I don't like has been a blessing as was pulling Lisia on my first multi.

You can use 9 pairs. Use mission pairs first and then clear with appropriate team. I went Wikstrom/Siebold/Grant for team 1 and then beat it with Bertha/Brock/SC Hilda.

They're free pulls. I wouldn't expect those odds of getting popular, useful characters outside of anniversaries and maybe even during anniversaries.
Who tanks in that team, though?

Ignition

I used Grant/Wikstrom/Siebold as theme skill fodder than finished with Olivia/Acerola/Kukui.

LordSerperior

This is an anniversary though. Still a chintzy reward for a New Year's Gift.
They're not going to hand out free pokefairs especially now that they're rerunning them with expanded grids. Would that be nice, yes but it's not likely to happen. It's literally free stuff.

Who tanks in that team, though?
Wikstrom in the first team, can stall with Kings Shield but honestly it's just reward fodder. Brock tanks for the second team. He has some trouble with the special attacks but you have potions for that.

ailehunter

Honestly the NY ticket scout was kind of chinzy. I mean it's free, but why did they have to throw 3 and 4 Stars in this one? Not like we get many of them. Oh well, I got Hugh out of it so that's something. I guess.
Noice. I got Colress from it.
I was hoping to get at least 1 copy of SS Leaf, oh wells. I got 6 SSRs at least.

Ignition

Damn, Diantha's banner lasts for two whole months. Would this mean she'll stay around until the next VA?
Probably not. Her banner would end around the time of 3.5 anniversary and they'd probably want to focus on that instead of dropping another VA so soon.