• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The VA arc is already better than XY's story. Which isn't saying much because XY's story is garbage, but it's still refreshing to see them make something of it (I'm still salty XY never got a third version or anything).

Interesting that in this version of events neither Calem nor Serena seem to have been involved in the Looker Bureau sidequest, they just meet Emma for the first time during this event and they don't seem to know that Malva is a Flare Admin. In fact, no one seems to know about Malva except Looker, once again she's serving as his informant.

Also doesn't seem like Emma has Xerosic's Malamar either and Crobat is her partner, which is kind of disappointing because Crobat is overused and already Janine's partner. Are they planning on having Xerosic later or something?

And still no additional Kalos Ticket Scout pairs? SMH DeNA. I'm legit holding my Kalos Scout tickets at this point until they add someone other than Serena and Clemont.

LordSerperior

My complete lack of good Kalos pairs is starting to become a problem. The round 2 battle challenge was annoying with towering force and tough cookie. Ended up beating with Lodge Blue, Sycamore and Grant. Blue gave crit, attack and defence to help Sycamore survive brave birds and heal better while also helping Grant out with the damage. Flinching also helped delay some turns. Gave grant Defence Crush 2 for the lucky skill to lower Talonflame's damage.

Not looking forward to the extreme battle at all.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Got Diantha and Lisia yay:))
Kalos and a Hoenn love you!!!!!!!!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Sycamore with EX and Impervious should be a help. BP Clemont with Def boosts as well. Will probably use an off region support like I did with Hoenn's

ailehunter

For the Challenge Battle, (Against Tierno)
You'd want to have Lodge Sycamore for it.
Grant as well and EX Sycamore/Xerneas.

LordSerperior

Needed a couple of tries to optimise my strategy but managed to beat Malva with BP Clemont, Sycamore and Serena. Gave Clemont unbending for the lucky skill and gridded him with Synchro Healing to keep the team healthy and Screech to keep the defence down. Was trying to sync with Serena in the beginning but her damage was not good enough. Gridded Serena with just Overheat powerups and bedazzle to lower accuracy and get any misses. Also sleep every now and then to buy time.

It was a long drawn out battle and the team needs to survive Talonflame's second sync with Flying Zone active.

ailehunter

Needed a couple of tries to optimise my strategy but managed to beat Malva with BP Clemont, Sycamore and Serena. Gave Clemont unbending for the lucky skill and gridded him with Synchro Healing to keep the team healthy and Screech to keep the defence down. Was trying to sync with Serena in the beginning but her damage was not good enough. Gridded Serena with just Overheat powerups and bedazzle to lower accuracy and get any misses. Also sleep every now and then to buy time.

It was a long drawn out battle and the team needs to survive Talonflame's second sync with Flying Zone active.
I would probably just use Lodge Dawn for the debuffs.

LordSerperior

I would probably just use Lodge Dawn for the debuffs.
I'm assuming you're talking about Lodge Dawn in place of BP Clemont? Which is objectively a worse decision on all fronts. Her buffs are redundant because Sycamore maxes out all of those stats. She debuffs special attack which again is not the most useful stat in this situation. She's also not from Kalos and is weak to flying which means she absolutely not survive Malva's sync move. BP Clemont brought a lot more utility and was instrumental to the team's success.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
SS Blue, Sycamore, and Zerena made this an easy win with triple Impervious. AoE debuffs are annoying though lmao

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Alright, we made the RT campaign a success!

Now let us all wait a WHOLE FREAKIN' MONTH to get them!

Meh, I'm fine with that. I'm more interested in spending those gems on whatever Palentine's pairs they're going to be (re?)running in February and as I said earlier, I'm saving Kalos Scout tickets until they add more Kalos pairs to the list, which hopefully they will by then.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Darn, Gauntlet reruns tomorrow. Now that's going to be annoying.
Hate getting paired with Anni Reds for the grass gear thing so I am having a great time using SS Lyra to shut down Electric Terrain.
Sometimes those prevent Victor from dealing more damage.

Anyway, Victor even 1/5 does quite well on those.

I've managed to farm enough to max all the new gear. Now, it's mostly for farming tickets to exchange for the type books

RafaSceptile

Does this game have a pity system? Like a guaranteed pull after a certain number of lulls?
400 scout points, every pull gives you 3 points.

There is also occasionally Select Scouts that allows you to choose a character after a multi pull using Paid Gems.

Spotlight units gets a tiered scout where you get 3 multis and a guaranteed copy + all the resources for a full grid and 6* EX by 7500 paid gems.

Old seasonal units gets a tiered scout where you get 5 multis + a 25% chance of getting one of the focus units at random + a guaranteed copy of the unit you want + 10 5* Power Ups by 10000 paid gems.

Last edited: