• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

Those guys that say Synchro Healing is meh definitely does not play Legendary Gauntlet lol
Synchro Healing is meh and Synchro Healing is meh on Torchic are very different statements if you read them right. And no I'm not interested in getting a 100 streak on LG, I just need the relevant rewards which I can manage just fine without synchro healing.

RafaSceptile

Synchro Healing is meh and Synchro Healing is meh on Torchic are very different statements if you read them right. And no I'm not interested in getting a 100 streak on LG, I just need the relevant rewards which I can manage just fine without synchro healing.
Which only confirms my point.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Synchro Healing is the kind of thing that feels like future-proof for when they feel like giving him an EX.

As for right now, I'll focus in the other nodes. Will make a build based on EX support just in case it does get it in the future. And I believe it's possible if the game keeps running.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Those guys that say Synchro Healing is meh definitely does not play Legendary Gauntlet lol
Every other unit that has it has way better bulk/ways of boosting defenses or have EX. Plus LordSerperior said they do play it's just not something they value. It's a valid criticism even it's not unusable. No need to be dismissive.

RafaSceptile

Every other unit that has it has way better bulk/ways of boosting defenses or have EX. Plus LordSerperior said they do play it's just not something they value. It's a valid criticism even it's not unusable. No need to be dismissive.
I mean, only 7/26 units with Synchro Healing have EX, one of which has it at 5/5, so unless you are truly an Anabel fan it is 6/26.

The point is that Synchro Healing has its value during long fights where this constant source of healing is significant to keep the team alive.
Champion Stadium nowadays generally makes fast battles the way to go where you defeat the enemies before they get to sync.
In the old days it was good for Battle Villa but every new unit can carry you because those stages were not designed for the current powerlevel of those units.
And for it to be useful in Extreme Battles you have to pray it has the respective x5 bonus.

This is why, when it comes to this skill, the players that values it the most are Legendary Gauntlet enthusiasts, because they actually get use of most of their sync pairs and the constant healing allows very cheap teams like Oak and 4* Liza duo for Latias.

If you just do not play it, then well... most of the Pokémon Masters day grids are mostly meh because they are naturally outclassed by gacha pairs and its utility will be niche.

But more in line with
Torchic, the grid is good for a couple of reasons:
  • Synchro Healing enables many options for cheap teams in Legendary Gauntlet
  • Now it is a max crit buffer, another role with high demand
  • Fast Track 9 sounds redundant but it enables sleep chains
  • 60% burn chance is great for Cobalion and Uxie
  • TM regen it alive even more in combination with synchro healing

Ignition

I mean, only 7/26 units with Synchro Healing have EX, one of which has it at 5/5, so unless you are truly an Anabel fan it is 6/26.

The point is that Synchro Healing has its value during long fights where this constant source of healing is significant to keep the team alive.
Champion Stadium nowadays generally makes fast battles the way to go where you defeat the enemies before they get to sync.
In the old days it was good for Battle Villa but every new unit can carry you because those stages were not designed for the current powerlevel of those units.
And for it to be useful in Extreme Battles you have to pray it has the respective x5 bonus.

This is why, when it comes to this skill, the players that values it the most are Legendary Gauntlet enthusiasts, because they actually get use of most of their sync pairs and the constant healing allows very cheap teams like Oak and 4* Liza duo for Latias.

If you just do not play it, then well... most of the Pokémon Masters day grids are mostly meh because they are naturally outclassed by gacha pairs and its utility will be niche.
I'm aware of what it does. I'm just saying you can disagree without being dismissive saying they don't play it. I use Synchro Healing on units like Event Bugsy, Sawyer, Lillie, and BP Surge all the time and even I think it's an underwhelming addition since, again, Torchic is far from bulky. It is much more appreciated for shorter fights so more fast and reliable buffs would've been preferred.

RafaSceptile

LG is this game's Pokemon Cafe ReMix's one-minute cooking.

You have the tools, but then the question becomes, "is it fun to grind resources for so little?"
Honestly that is probably good. If DeNA adds more rewards, the f2p base will most likely complain because the mode itself benefits the people with the most pairs, mainly the people that spend money, and so it will increase the gap between both playerbases.

As a result LG is mostly optional, which is overall a good thing.

However as I keep saying, in order to give a proper value to a unit, you need to know how it performs over the different game modes so ofc if you are not playing LG you will be underrating the overall utility of a sync pair. I asked to some LG players how they consider the grid and they overall say is good, behind BP Surge but around similar levels of Liza.
This is a bigger problem with F2P units because most of them (excluding F2P legendaries) find most of its utility in LG where they can shine without being replaced by someone else.

I'm aware of what it does. I'm just saying you can disagree without being dismissive saying they don't play it. I use Synchro Healing on units like Event Bugsy, Sawyer, Lillie, and BP Surge all the time and even I think it's an underwhelming addition since, again, Torchic is far from bulky. It is much more appreciated for shorter fights so more fast and reliable buffs would've been preferred.
I mean those units does not have such a big differences in bulk:

Torchic: 804 HP 261 Def 261 Sp Def
Bugsy: 605 HP 282 Def 282 Sp Def
Sawyer: 631 HP 285 Def 285 Sp Def
Lillie: 708 HP 296 Def 342 Sp Def
Surge 660 HP 280 Def 252 Sp Def

Lillie is an outlier because she is a 5* pair and that gives an advantage when using Power-Ups, but outside of that Torchics natural bulk is almost at the same level of the other units.
Additionally, Torchic's bigger HP compensates the Def/SpDef difference because it will heal more with Synchro Healing and with TM Regen, the latter of which can't be used for those units.

Last edited:

Ignition

I mean those units does not have such a big differences in bulk:

Torchic: 804 HP 261 Def 261 Sp Def
Bugsy: 605 HP 282 Def 282 Sp Def
Sawyer: 631 HP 285 Def 285 Sp Def
Lillie: 708 HP 296 Def 342 Sp Def
Surge 660 HP 280 Def 252 Sp Def

Lillie is an outlier because she is a 5* pair and that gives an advantage when using Power-Ups, but outside of that Torchics natural bulk is almost at the same level of the other units.
Additionally, Torchic's bigger HP compensates the Def/SpDef difference because it will heal more with Synchro Healing and with TM Regen, the latter of which can't be used for those units.
All of those other characters have some way of buffing their defenses. The most Torchic gets is unreliable Toughen/Tighten Up 2. Those other units also have more to offer after their respective buffs.

Ignition

No one's saying it's useless lol. Just that the buff isn't as ideal for its playstyle and that RafaSceptile can disagree without being dismissive of LS's opinion.

RafaSceptile

All of those other characters have some way of buffing their defenses. The most Torchic gets is unreliable Toughen/Tighten Up 2. Those other units also have more to offer after their respective buffs.
Only Sawyer has reliable Defenses buffs with his TM. Bugsy has has Toughen Up 1, Surge has Toughen/Tighen Up 1 and Lillie has Toughen/Tighen Up 2.

And while those units have also other stuff to offer:
  • Lillie EX support
  • Surge paralysis
  • Bugsy Leer
  • Sawyer Flinch
Torchic also has its perks: Mixed offensive buffs that are helpful for mixed attacks and to counter Azelf and Cresselia's gimmick, Burn for different multipliers than Surge and Fast Track 9 to enable sleep chain.

No one's saying it's useless lol. Just that the buff isn't as ideal for its playstyle and that RafaSceptile can disagree without being dismissive of LS's opinion.
What I am saying is, because most of those Pokémon Masters EX day grids are designed for LG utility because is where most of those F2P units shines the most, ofc you won't be impressend if you don't play it. But that doesn't makes the grid meh.

Ignition

What I am saying is, because most of those Pokémon Masters EX day grids are designed for LG utility because is where most of those F2P units shines the most, ofc you won't be impressend if you don't play it. But that doesn't makes the grid meh.
Again, they do play it. It does make the grid meh if someone isn't interested in going for high streaks. They're made to make them more usable in general not just for LG. It is not the only game mode. There have been many people who do play the mode and find it underwhelming.

RafaSceptile

Again, they do play it. It does make the grid meh if someone isn't interested in going for high streaks. They're made to make them more usable in general not just for LG. It is not the only game mode. There have been many people who do play the mode and find it underwhelming.
But that's the thing. Most of those grids are designed mainly for LG, because no matter what, the Pokémon Masters Day grid are outclassed by modern unit, and eggmons have the same problem unless you are a weather setter or sleep user.
I asked to LG players in the LG chat's reddit chat and they say the grid is actually good. Just a step below BP Surge but above many other f2p supports.

Ignition

But that's the thing. Most of those grids are designed mainly for LG, because no matter what, the Pokémon Masters Day grid are outclassed by modern unit,
and eggmons have the same problem unless you are a weather setter or sleep user.
Do you have a source for that? The grids are to help for all content as you're way more likely to get a 5/5 3/4* to help with all content. The characters that are given grids also line up with other events like VAs and Extreme Battles so please show me where they're mostly for LG
I asked to LG players in the LG chat's reddit chat and they say the grid is actually good. Just a step below BP Surge but above many other f2p supports.
We can give anecdotal evidence all day but it doesn't change the fact that seeing the grid as meh isn't objectivly invalid.

RafaSceptile

Do you have a source for that? The grids are to help for all content as you're way more likely to get a 5/5 3/4* to help with all content. The characters that are given grids also line up with other events like VAs and Extreme Battles so please show me where they're mostly for LG
Unless they are Legendary Adventures units, F2P units are undeniably outclassed by gacha pairs and as a result their utility is niche when they can be easily replaced by someone else. It doesn't help that now Lodge Units are another source of accessible but modern sync pairs that also generally outclass those units.
As a result, the grids are generally oriented to LG utility, which is why the grids generally try to do a couple of stuff that can be useful in most of those stages instead of focusing along just a single gimmick as many gacha sync pairs does.

We can give anecdotal evidence all day but it doesn't change the fact that seeing the grid as meh isn't objectivly invalid.
But is highly biased when you don't play one of the game modes that actually gives to the grid many value.

And is not exclusive to Pokémon Masters EX, it happens to many other gachas.

In Fire Emblem Heroes, whenener new units are announced, some of them are clearly focused to one of the 3 main game modes (Arena, AR and SD) and people keep saying X or Y unit is underwhelming because they don't know how useful it is for such game mode, ignoring most of its value.