• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Omg how did u mange to do such a strike
I am only at 26 and I've been playing for a year now :(

RafaSceptile

Omg how did u mange to do such a strike
I am only at 26 and I've been playing for a year now :(
With a lot, and with a lot I mean A LOT of patience, enough sync pairs and a community of Gauntlet enthusiasts sharing their ideas for teambuildung.

And a lot of time to do some of those runs. Currently at 72 Win Streak because people is trying to stay in the Leaderboard

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
If those 8 include the 4 getting alts, I'm safe for saving unless they give Guzma an alt but he was one of the first SCs so I doubt

LordSerperior

Skimmed through the datamine and it's pretty disappointing.

Lorelei and Bruno being variety scouts sucks. Would have liked a more useful Lorelei but not pulling for these.

No EX styles for BP/Lodge/Variety is also just lame. Palette swaps take literally no effort and it's not like DeNA puts much thought into them. If nothing else they would have given alternate outfits to characters who are unlikely to get a real alt. I will probably EX Bugsy because idk how long it'll be before Beedrill gets one.

None of the SC units appeal to me so easy skips. It's her first alt so whatever but Zinnia is such an annoying character. Will probably pull for SS Lusamine but after the next datamine to be sure.

The thing I'm most looking forward to this update is hands down the Caitlin grid expansion.

ailehunter

The Lodge Units and BP Units that have Sync Nukes and Synchro Healing is extremely good (Strike+Support). TECHs with Sync Nukes as well.

The SC Units aren't appealing but hmm.

Steven upgrade kinda fine. it'd be nice if we get 0/5 grid buffs.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Eh this month is underwhelming. EXs for all of the freebie alts and Variety Scouts are nice but personally a big part of the fun with upgrading someone to 6EX is the outfit change. If they can give Blue 2 variants of the same base outfit, why can’t these? At the very least I’m pleased that it doesn’t seem like “regular” units are getting this and the Roxanne is getting one this month (which I will upgrade eventually). Surprised the MC wasn’t a part of this group.

As for the SCs, eh I like the variety in outfit designs but not interested. Zinnia has the best outfit but I’m not that crazy about her to warrant pulling. Kits look fun though.

Boo to more Variety Scouts. Like, sure, they’re giving them to characters who don’t have alts with Bruno and Lorelei but these could’ve been BP or event alts a la Bugsy & Scyther (still no rerun? And weird that Misty/Psyduck, Blue/Arcanine, and Giovanni/Persian got actual outfits but he doesn’t?). Even a small outfit change would’ve been nice. Onix & Cloyster look decent but won’t bother.

Steven’s grid expansion looks underwhelming. Should’ve gotten the dual upgrade like Lance. Lodge Steven looks fun but can they please stop with Stealth Rock lmao. Caitlin’s grid expansion is fine but I still won’t use her outside of Gauntlet. I was hoping with all grids being done that they’d do 3 EXs or grid expansions per month but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Overall the weakest update in a while but that’s good for me because I need to save for Alola

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Lyra with TR outfit should be an alt as Champ Iris, not a special costume IMHO
Still her kit is fun and very handy, specially for the Maxie/Courtney team (or even Cynthia/Bertha).

Lyra is the only I'll pull so far.

Bruno looks tempting duo role + kit. I'll think about it. But so far BP Regirock does the trick for mono rock runs.

Quite surprised the MC pairings didn't get the EX. I wonder if that means some of them will get EX with no outfit change or if they are saving it for Alola VA/4thAnni

Also, unless I' misunderstood, the Togepi pairs are only for April Fools then they are gone, right?

Good month for saving. Or at least recovering some in case I have to pity for Bede and Marnie

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Since my special BP tickets were a lot, I decided to exchange three of them for all of the MC's Legendaries.

I don't care about Steven Holmes or Shauna Watson...but I do care about the Thievul that Zinnia Moriarty has.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Since my special BP tickets were a lot, I decided to exchange three of them for all of the MC's Legendaries.

I don't care about Steven Holmes or Shauna Watson...but I do care about the Thievul that Zinnia Moriarty has.
Her design looks very ew to me

LordSerperior

Apparently the ticket scouts are going to be updated next reset. Don't know if this is reliable information or am early April's fool joke. Keeping my expectations in check but will be pleasantly surprised if they do.

Currently missing Selene, Masked Royal, Courtney, Looker, Melony, Hugh and Shauna. Shauna should be relatively easy to get with how shallow the Kalos pool is. The others will require luck.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Missing Hugh as well.

If he is added to the pool, I'll make sure to burn my Unova tickets for a chance to get him.

Might drop some on Hoenn and Sinnoh to raise Courtney and Looker but we'll see

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Colress is the only spotlight scout that I need 2 more copies to use his full sync grid. They need to start updating the Ticket Scout pulls every month for those spotlight units.

As for Steven Holmes & Stoutland, I find their kit to pair up quite well with Anabel & Snorlax, due to Steven providing the team’s Speed buffs. Once Anabel’s sync move is activated, her Catalytic Acceleration effect can make the move gauge go brrr.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Colress is the only spotlight scout that I need 2 more copies to use his full sync grid. They need to start updating the Ticket Scout pulls every month for those spotlight units.

As for Steven Holmes & Stoutland, I find their kit to pair up quite well with Anabel & Snorlax, due to Steven providing the team’s Speed buffs. Once Anabel’s sync move is activated, her Catalytic Acceleration effect can make the move gauge go brrr.

Mono normal runs with Gladion might be the new thing.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Got Detective Daigo in 3 pulls. He's very fun.
Completely out of gems now, so back to saving for me.