• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Pokemon Power

So how's everyone doing with trying to get all the champions (Blue, Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha, Prof. Kukui and Leon, plus Wallace, Iris and Hau if you count alternate Champs)? For me, not counting variants the only one I haven't got yet is Diantha.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Thanks to the free Champion ticket we got in February and a lucky daily, I have every Champion.

LordSerperior

I'm only missing Diantha but unless she's in a free select, I am not going to try and get her. My gems are better spent on characters I like.

Edit: forgot Leon existed, don't have him either and not interested in changing that too

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Managed to get NC Bede with dailies.

Now, all that's left is Marnie. Got 4 tries with dailies before the final showdown on Saturday

RafaSceptile

Legendary Gauntlet has finally ended. I managed to be above the 90th place 5 minutes before the reset, but the last person in the Leaderboard was 99th, so if 3 people got an extra win I am out.

However this is the first time I do an above 100 win streak and I definitely could be higher if I did proper pre-Gauntlet planning and dedicated more time for clears.

image.png

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Final showdown against NC Marnie....

Couldn't get her with dailies so I went to use multis then...

1-Pokemon-Masters-EX-2023-04-08-07-19-22.jpg
2-Pokemon-Masters-EX-2023-04-08-07-19-30.jpg

First multi!

Now, I'm done with those master fairs until the next new one.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So I rage quit on doing the Ultra hard battle with Shelly lmao, @Ignition knows my frustration way too well
I really wanted to get those 100 gems remaining from the tabitha event by beating him with a fire and dragon in the team, and wanted to beat Shelly and get those gems but it's too annoying

I HATE the concept of Extreme battles and limiting pairs. It's so cheap. Make a challenge actually hard, not artificially hard by nerfing you

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
New Champions' League stuff got in since the update. Just noticed that.

Anyway, it looks like it's easy to score higher when using the expendable enemy boosts like inflicting x3 damage on Sync Pair types you don't even have in type formations (they know the Support Sync Pairs are deadlier for their Sync buffs so that's why that one is priced higher than the other two types), making any type other than super effective damage deal far less damage, damage reduction for types that you sure as hell shouldn't be using against foes that excel in tanking said moves anyway, and maybe anti-terrain/weather effects.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So I'm having trouble with today's Helping Out on Pasio mission, it's not entirely clear what Sync Pairs they're looking for. Here's the hint for reference:

It was fun battling on the trolley up on the mountain! Next time, I wanna have an interesting battle in the forest!

I want sync pairs to help me out- one that can drill through rocks and another that's good at carrying debris!

I went to the forest and I've tried several sync pair combinations but it's not registering as complete. I've tried the following combos:

Clay & Seismitoad and Bruno & Machamp
Brock & Onix and Bruno & Machamp
Brock & Onix and Marshal & Conkeldurr
Clay & Seismitoad and Marshal & Conkeldurr
Jasmine & Steelix and Marshal & Conkeldurr

What sync pairs are they looking for?

LordSerperior

So I'm having trouble with today's Helping Out on Pasio mission, it's not entirely clear what Sync Pairs they're looking for. Here's the hint for reference:

It was fun battling on the trolley up on the mountain! Next time, I wanna have an interesting battle in the forest!

I want sync pairs to help me out- one that can drill through rocks and another that's good at carrying debris!

I went to the forest and I've tried several sync pair combinations but it's not registering as complete. I've tried the following combos:

Clay & Seismitoad and Bruno & Machamp
Brock & Onix and Bruno & Machamp
Brock & Onix and Marshal & Conkeldurr
Clay & Seismitoad and Marshal & Conkeldurr
Jasmine & Steelix and Marshal & Conkeldurr

What sync pairs are they looking for?
A rock type and a ground type

LordSerperior

Thanks. Bad hint there, as you can tell I thought "drill through rock" meant either a Rock or Ground type and "carrying debris" was hinting at a Fighting type, nothing about the latter really screams Rock or Ground.
Yeah the hint didn't make much sense. There is a list of all the answers on reddit and discord if you get stuck. I can try finding it later if you want.

Huh, was that all? I thought they wanted Takeshi and Hapu'u specifically, that's who I went with.
Note that these missions will never require any unit you're not guaranteed to have.
Now that you mention it Brock and Hapu do somewhat fit the riddle.

Very few missions have required specific units. I think Barry and Flannery were the only ones. Most cases, the right type is all you need.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Man the latest Paulo interlude was so good
SO HAPPY with the path they are taking the story in. Didn't think they would commit to the Paulo finally getting corrupted and going evil to pursue strength and protect others arc. I mean he's definitely gonna get redeemed later on lol but I'm still happy they did this. This arc was so good and is finally moving Paulo forward. Its so cool it's Paulo's spirit that causes Hoopa to transform lol. RR Giovanni's UB portals vs Paulo's Hoopa rings as the climax will be so fun

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Managed to get Zinnia in the very first pull of the tiered scout. Not bad.

Hopefully things will end well with Lyra tomorrow.

Anyway, Zinnia is fun to use.