1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by shoz999, May 30, 2019.

1. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

I'm also mostly stocking items and gems. It's just that Hilbert and Hilda are characters I like. But honeslty, I don't spend gems on all events. Getting Blue and Brendan were just a side effect of trying to get Hilda. After my final attempt of trying to get Hilda, I'll go back to stocking.

2. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Omg I just used one poll in the new banner today, and got Olivia LOLLL
    What are the chances? 0.7 % haha

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  3. Cradily17

Cradily17 Well-Known Member

Wow. Good for DeNA trying to address fan complaints and do something to improve the game. Whether they uphold their promise remains to be seen, but they're already doing more to appease their fans than GameFreak.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Spider-Phoenix and janejane6178 like this.
  4. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "WOOO! Who needs medicine?!"

*meanwhile people holding 32-bit phones keep staring while a tumbleweed rolls by*

5. Dragalge

Dragalge Naganadel

It's two different things.

Gamefreak & Nintendo already know that a huuuuge amount of people will buy the games. A given! A gacha on the other hand is mostly funded by a small percentage of players called whales. You do NOT want to piss those people off less your game dies like that. With the main games it is a lot harder to do that.

Spider-Phoenix and Twilight-Kun like this.
  6. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I like Pokemon masters, but it's getting boring after a while... the only part fun part is rolling and hoping for 5 give characters, like gambles....

7. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

Okay, in lieu of such a remark, I urge anyone who feels this way about PokeMas to take some time out to reflect. One should NEVER simply play a game because of the thrill of the gacha. I'm speaking from experience; it's how whales are born and it's a dreadful thing.

DeNA was fully capable of making a killing off the playerbase out the gate, you know. They just had to introduce a limited unit at release. After all, there's no quicker way of bringing the cash cows in and milking them dry than enticing them to spend on something we can't count on having access to later. The current banner features all sync pairs introduced to this point, which is actually... pretty nice?

Redstar45 and janejane6178 like this.
  8. Cradily17

Cradily17 Well-Known Member

This is true. If many people are going to buy mainline Pokemon games anyways, then GameFreak has less of an incentive to put a lot of effort into them.

9. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

I got all I needed out of PokéMas from the soundtrack

It's a pity that the Alolan tracks are so lackluster though - the Kahuna theme has an amazing intro with a lot of buildup and energy, then tosses it aside for some cutesy schlock

10. Spider-Phoenix

The current rally is somewhat tiring because it just increases the amount of matches. It'd be a lot better if they just... double rewards.

11. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

I did a solo pull on Elesa's banner this morning and nearly panicked when colorful lights burst out everywhere and my Poryphone went berserk. I didn't know there was a special sequence for successful 5*-scouts, but there you have it.

Now I have Elesa, who's... really not that great a unit in my opinion? I feel like Hau outperforms her. =/

12. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "WOOO! Who needs medicine?!"

General consensus says Olivia and her Lycanroc are broken.

13. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

I have seen her in action in Co-Op firsthand and can confirm this as fact.

14. Spider-Phoenix

Not really interest on Olivia even if she is handy, honestly.

Anyway, I really got lucky and end up getting Hilda in the first pull on the last day of her event. Kind of makes up for me losing the Elesa bug (though I'm not really crazy to get her. If it was the BW1 version, I could think about it but not a fan of BW2 look)