1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by shoz999, May 30, 2019.

1. LordSerperior

LordSerperior Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's really weird that he's not getting a starter but then Calem is my least favourite protagonist so I wouldn't want him to get Chespin.

Also this was a very early datamine somthey could have potentially changed it but taht is kinda unlikely

Lord Godwin likes this.
  2. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

Do you have a link to the datamine?/SPOILER]

3. LordSerperior

Not atm. It was the same datamine that had the sygna suits for Cynthia and Blue I think. Idk if that makes it easier to look up.

Lord Godwin likes this.
  4. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

Thanks.

I found this is quite intesting:
    "much to go on, but since Espurr/Meowstic exist, then either one of Calem, Leaf, N, or Nate have it, since they're also mentioned in the files with no confirmed Pokemon yet, or a new trainer/sygna suit is added (but why would their Pokemon be in already if they're not?)."

It's from here:
    https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/40508029/#q40509261

Some interesting things to come:)

5. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Poor Calem is indeed getting Espurr. Can't believe they've dropped the ball so hard. Hopefully, trading/changing Pokémon will be a fture feature.

As for what I like: Crys event coming soon - she is the only game protagonist I don't have so far - and the player getting Torchic.

Hopefully May will come soon AND with Mudkip so I can form a Hoenn Hero Trinity

6. shoz999

shoz999 Thorton hears a battle

Least favorite? Does this awesome shot change your mind!

[​IMG]

7. LordSerperior

Nope lol! I also don't particularly like X in the manga for different reasons :p

But I just generally don't like his design. It's so plain and boring, I'd even say more so than Hilbert. I'm glad he's a free unit

shoz999 likes this.
  8. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

I have a (admittedly stupid/irrational, but I won’t get peace until I figure it out) question about
    Does it use the opposite-gender character to whatever gender player Pikachu has? Like, if Pikachu and the boy are set together, does Torchic get set to the girl? If yes, does that switch around if you change your avatar’s gender?

9. Spider-Phoenix

I don't think you can change your character's gender.

Anyway, the new event is up. There's lot of good rewards. But on another hand they demand WAY too many grinding. To get one of the tickets, I estimate 20 battles for ONLY ONE of the tickets (I'm considering an average of 15 tickets per battle though sometimes we luck and got some more). Basically 180 if you want all the tickets. And even more if want everything.

Way too unrealistic but I'll do what I can until next week's update.

10. LordSerperior

Does the female character use a female Pikachu? I don't remember seeing anything like that

11. Nightlingbolt

If you chose to be the boy at the start of the game, do Pikachu and Torchic BOTH use him as the Trainer? Or does Torchic use the opposite gender Trainer? In case it helps, I'll use the official names: Does Scottie get BOTH Pikachu and Torchic if you picked him to start the game? Or does Torchic go to Bettie if Scottie happens to be paired with Pikachu?

Also, you can indeed change the player's gender, which is honestly quite surprising for a Pokemon game, spinoff or no.

12. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

Scottie and Bettie are really weird names for those two. Do we know their Japanese equivalents?

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  13. Nightlingbolt

Scottie is Kei, and Bettie is Yui. Synonyms for “tie,” apparently.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  14. LordSerperior

Oh lol. That makes more sense. Yeah I have been wondering the same, if we can have different customization options for the Torchic sync pair (a Sygna suit?)

15. Spider-Phoenix

Where does those names for the players come from?

Also hilarious that the male is called Scottie. It was used as Sawyer's name in the closed captions in the anime. Funny thing Sawyer was from Hoenn and even had a starter (Treecko in the case).