• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

Free characters are always welcome and them being Kalos even more so since I almost never pull from that region.

I love Wallace and was hoping he'd get a cool alt but of all the Pokemon he had to be paired with Blacephalon and got an extremely weird looking clown outfit. Its the worst NY outfit so far and I'm going to have to skip.

Clair was another character I was hoping an alt for. She looks good, the outfit is good but nothing extraordinary, it matches with NY Lance quite well so that's neat. On the fence at the moment but might pull.

More Paldea character in Iono and Grusha. I don't care for Iono and although I like Grusha he's not really a particular favourite so going to skip both.
You know, with EX Roles slowly being added for every sync pair in the game, I can't help but wonder. When are the anime sync pairs coming back?
Jessie and James haven't even gotten grids and they can kind of count as game characters so I wouldn't expect Ash to rerun for any new tools/mechanics.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Volkner being in lodge is all I care about this month tbqh. I’m so happy they started the year off with a top 3 character for me.

+I like that they’re following up on previous NYs with characters who relate to past NY pairs with Wallace (Lisia) & Clair (Lance). Don’t really care for either care (dislike Clair actually) but Blacephalon is tied with Xurkitree as my favorite UB so I’m second guessing. Hoenn Circle is a nice bonus and I love RNG characters.
+Iono & Grusha were my predictions for the next Paldea character besides Arven so this is nice. Both being PFs is an eye roll though. Iono I understand but Grusha never felt that popular to me? Don’t hate him or anything I just don’t see anyone talking about him. Even then Piers, Nessa, and Sonia were all spotlights. Tempted for Iono but most likely going to skip. Love their EX styles.
+Acerola EX is a waste as no one syncs with her but at least all non BP 5*s have EX now.
+Got Lucas at 4/5 so the grid expansion is nice. SS Cynthia got a big glow up.
+Glad I got Aura Cynthia when I did. A lot of MFs rerunning soon.
A fine start to the new year but will most likely be saving.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Mostly a skip month for me.

Iono's kit is tempting as she could synergy well with Ash's nuke though

But then I do have NC Blue so... There might be a limit to how much more overkill I want for Ash/T-Red lol

I'll do dailies as usual.

Out of everything, I like Lucas' grid expansion. Will definetely candy him to 5/5 when I can. SSA Cynthia getting Sprint role is nice as well since it fixes one of the issues about using her (Fighting zone going away before second sync)

Rei, NC Hop and SSA Cynthia were crazy before, now they are even more nuts!

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Wallace being paired with a clown and looking like a clown really should have been seen coming

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
2023 for PMEX has been quite a wild ride :D
hopefully 2024 keeps making me play this game o/
With so many unique sync pairs, some of whom we’ve been waiting for years to get into the game, 2023 is one of my favourite years playing Pokemon Masters. I’m glad this game is continuing beyond the Villain Arc and looking forward to what they do next. Here’s to 2024!

Another Hoenn character getting a UB in a seasonal event. Looks like someone on the development team loves giving Anabel PTSD on her holiday. I can’t wait to finally pull for SSA Cynthia to see how great she is as a Top Tier Support unit.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Still can't believe I've never noticed Grusha was a dude....
2023 for PMEX has been quite a wild ride :D
hopefully 2024 keeps making me play this game o/
A bit torn on Skill Feathers and Sprint/Field roles. The later feels like something that came a bit too late into the game.

Other than that, I've found it ok. Major highlights are Nate finally getting an alt as well as Rei and Akari being added.

LordSerperior

I'm not a fan of a lot of things masters did in 2023.
1. Variety Scout exclusive characters which was an extremely annoying way of making unpopular characters limited.
2. Mix Scouts, a paid only banner with low effort exclusive units. Okay for now but then variety started out with low effort alts and ended up locking characters so I'm not pleased with the implications of it's existence.
3. Skill Gears, overly complicated and unnecessary
4. EX Roles, useful but again a bit unnecessary. Especially considering we still have units that don't even have EX and by the time they finish rolling out EX Roles to all of the units, there will be 5 other new mechanics introduced.

The new roles I'm not bothered by but they also feel quite unnecessary this late into the game's life.

The big positive that has kept my interest in the game has been alts for unpopular characters. It has made it much harder for me to save gems but more of that is welcome.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I agree. Ever since SS Wally they’ve been making an effort to give less popular characters alts which is appreciated. If you would’ve told me Tate gets Jirachi I wouldn’t have believed you. The game kind of feels like it’s aimless atm with mechanics being thrown in rapidly and it just feels bloated now imo. I still haven’t touched the new gears for instance. Also don’t like how we’re reacting 5th anniversary and only just now getting every non BP 5* to have EX. The drip feed for the mechanic the game is named after is annoying. I have doubts that we’ll see every character get an EX before EoS unless they speed it up (nevermind EX roles). Oh and not a fan of the increasing amount of characters with generic sync move animations but admittedly not as big of an issue.

My favorite part of 2023 was probably the introduction of Paldean and Hisuian characters. Never made sense to me how long they waited for Galar. Paldea could really use some gen pool units though.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I really wonder how much left until EoS? We do know it's coming even if I want to have lowkey copium it'll eventually get some salvation like the one Mega Man X Dive got (aka an off-line version). Granted that was an exception to the rule but, man, would it be awesome if it happened.

Also, I really feel they should put a bit of a break in the new mechanics/battle modes every two months or so because it's starting to sound like desperation to keep the player base commited (and pulling on banners)

LordSerperior

I really wonder how much left until EoS? We do know it's coming even if I want to have lowkey copium it'll eventually get some salvation like the one Mega Man X Dive got (aka an off-line version). Granted that was an exception to the rule but, man, would it be awesome if it happened.

Also, I really feel they should put a bit of a break in the new mechanics/battle modes every two months or so because it's starting to sound like desperation to keep the player base commited (and pulling on banners)
I don't think there are any signs of EoS rn. The fact that they are putting out unpopular character alts point to a somewhat healthy revenue situation. I believe they would be spamming popular characters if they weren't doing so well. We've also just started with Hisui/Paldea so not running out of characters either. But then it's hard to really guess based on publicly available information and things can change quite quickly.

I think they should take a break from new mechanics altogether.

In other news, I managed to beat Thorton's ultimate battle. 300 gems is quite low for how stupid the battles are

ailehunter

Still waiting for the roguelite and the next season of Pokemon Masters. Hopefully PML2 or Multiverse Wars, or Paldea kr something kuku. February gonna be big.