• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Ignition

It’s always tomfoolery time
*Dont care about Chase or Petey since I don’t like LGPE. At least Petey is cool and Chase seems to have a bit of a personality.
*MF Gladion is long overdue. I will wait for the half anni datamine beforehand but I’m 99.99% pulling for my favorite rival. Convinced we’re getting Alola NCs for 4.5 anni.
*Riley is a welcome addition but him being free feels weird. Would’ve expected that from Buck or Mira. Will never turn down a freebie even if it’s with Lucario.
*Palentines units are ok. Candice/Darmanitan is a duo I’ve wanted for years so glad to see it come to fruition. Victor has been slowly getting up there as one of my favorite MCs but I hate Greedent so will skip.
*SS Steven keeps getting stronger. You can tell someone at DeNA loves him. Plumeria got a nice grid expansion.
*Alcremie looks neat. Yet another freebie.
*They’re finally adding swappable lucky skills and grid energy upgrades. Photo mode looks like something I’ll touch once and never bother with again.

Battle Rally is an ok addition but I don’t think I’ll be touching it often. I’m not in desperate need of EX roles.

ailehunter

*Dont care about Chase or Petey since I don’t like LGPE. At least Petey is cool and Chase seems to have a bit of a personality.
*MF Gladion is long overdue. I will wait for the half anni datamine beforehand but I’m 99.99% pulling for my favorite rival. Convinced we’re getting Alola NCs for 4.5 anni.
*Riley is a welcome addition but him being free feels weird. Would’ve expected that from Buck or Mira. Will never turn down a freebie even if it’s with Lucario.
*Palentines units are ok. Candice/Darmanitan is a duo I’ve wanted for years so glad to see it come to fruition. Victor has been slowly getting up there as one of my favorite MCs but I hate Greedent so will skip.
*SS Steven keeps getting stronger. You can tell someone at DeNA loves him. Plumeria got a nice grid expansion.
*Alcremie looks neat. Yet another freebie.
*They’re finally adding swappable lucky skills and grid energy upgrades. Photo mode looks like something I’ll touch once and never bother with again.

Battle Rally is an ok addition but I don’t think I’ll be touching it often. I’m not in desperate need of EX roles.
i'd do it for the power ups tbh :eek:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Rally gives 300 gems weekly? Didn't know that and I've used two of the tickets already :eek:
The battle rally is an okay concept but I don't like each area having bonus roles. They limit team building so much especially with how limited field and sprint are atm. I had a run with the field/sprint combination appearing twice.

Also they're so bad at explaining these new modes. They make it sound so much more complicated then it is.

Edit: Lucy may not have gotten an ultimate battle but I got her as the final opponent for the battle rally and that was the most annoying battle ever
Yeah, not a fan of it it too.

I get it's to prevent easy cheese like we had with Villa (where you could run SS Ethan with NC Bede/Elaine and crush everything with refreshable MP)

LordSerperior

Rally gives 300 gems weekly? Didn't know that and I've used two of the tickets already :eek:

Yeah, not a fan of it it too.

I get it's to prevent easy cheese like we had with Villa (where you could run SS Ethan with NC Bede/Elaine and crush everything with refreshable MP)
At the very least they should exclude Sprint and Field or at least not out them together. I've been getting sprint/field together at least twice per rally. I have 3 sprint pairs (counting Rosa's EX role) and 2 field (including Nate's EX role). I end up having to sacrifice so many points because of it

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Tried doing a run today and, not going to lie, I'm sick of it already. It's a grind worse than CS, Villa or even the Gauntlet.

I think I'll start doing only the lowest difficulty from next week ownards for the gems.

Pokemon Power

Tried doing a run today and, not going to lie, I'm sick of it already. It's a grind worse than CS, Villa or even the Gauntlet.

I think I'll start doing only the lowest difficulty from next week ownards for the gems.
Tried it. The last fight is hard no matter which difficulty you set it to. The enemy team kept healing after they attacked on Normal.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ok, now I got a brand-new record. Managed to get PalVictor with a single daily. No tiered scout this time. Simply one pull in a daily.

Now, that's cool.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I was close to beating the final stage in Battle Rally on Very Hard without Apple Cup supremacy, but Darach's self-healing got tedious and I lacked the right Sync Pairs, so Apple Cup supremacy was used.

Feels good to get every type of role cake in one go.

LordSerperior

Only one Field/Sprint combination this time around so had a much easier time. Did end up getting Anabel for my annoying final battle and it was Field/Support so I ended up having to use supports only. Cleared with NC Blue, SS Kris and Summer Hilda (fighting boost).

I was close to beating the final stage in Battle Rally on Very Hard without Apple Cup supremacy, but Darach's self-healing got tedious and I lacked the right Sync Pairs, so Apple Cup supremacy was used.
What boosts do you usually buy throughout the run and how many points do you average per run? I find Apple Cup to be too expensive to be worth it. I've mostly been stacking up on whatever the initial buff is and on the Special/Physical up boosts. The Supereffective boost I have found to be the most useful but it seems to rarely show up.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What boosts do you usually buy throughout the run and how many points do you average per run? I find Apple Cup to be too expensive to be worth it. I've mostly been stacking up on whatever the initial buff is and on the Special/Physical up boosts. The Supereffective boost I have found to be the most useful but it seems to rarely show up.
I bought the type boosts that stack with the freebie they give. I had like 5 Ghost-type boosts to strengthen the rest of the team so I deployed a Ghost-type to use it, but when that wasn't enough, I gave up and bought the Apple Cup. Not like 500 lost points was going to make a huge difference anyway.

Usually, I end up with 6k points per run doing all battles on Very Hard, but I only say "usually" from the only 2 tries I've done.

LordSerperior

I bought the type boosts that stack with the freebie they give. I had like 5 Ghost-type boosts to strengthen the rest of the team so I deployed a Ghost-type to use it, but when that wasn't enough, I gave up and bought the Apple Cup. Not like 500 lost points was going to make a huge difference anyway.

Usually, I end up with 6k points per run doing all battles on Very Hard, but I only say "usually" from the only 2 tries I've done.
Interesting. I've ended up with 6200-6800 points so far each run without buying the Apple Cup. I usually go up to 9-10 stacks of the initial bonus and I've been playing on Super Hard.

Never bothered checking but is there no point difference between the different difficulty stages? It feels like I should optimise it better especially if I can go down to an easier difficulty and not make my life unnecessarily annoying.

Edit: the highest difficulty is very hard, for some reason I was assuming there was no normal ans they were hard, very hard and super hard.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Never bothered checking but is there no point difference between the different difficulty stages?
There is.

The harder the stage, the more points you get from matching roles.

Difficulty1 Matching Role2 Matching Roles3 Matching Roles
Normal100150200250
Hard200300400500
Very Hard300450600750
Lucky60090012001500

It's just that this mode really expects you to play a lot to make some headway into the rewards.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Only one Field/Sprint combination this time around so had a much easier time. Did end up getting Anabel for my annoying final battle and it was Field/Support so I ended up having to use supports only. Cleared with NC Blue, SS Kris and Summer Hilda (fighting boost).

I luckied getting a run that had Support/Sprint where I have most of the ones with this combo. Only used two for that battle and got like over 1k points.

Still had to use Apple Cup in the last battle though.

But not going to lie, it's kind of funny being able to spam Ash's B-move.

I lowkey for a run where it's possible to have MP Pizza in the last battle which would allow me to spam Ash's B-move. Imagine a Support/Strike stage where you can tank with Summer Hilda using Protect infinitely while Ash's spam his nuke.

Ignition

It’s always tomfoolery time
Wanted to give Rally another chance before I wrote it off but yeah no it’s not for me. I’m not really seeing what makes people love this mode so much but I’m glad they like it. I’ll just keep my attention on Gauntlet for now (where I’m working on a 100 win streak. Currently at 95 wins)