• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The main goal is basically to make people Wailord for waifus. They just throw a few husbandos here and there do throw people off as well as to have something for people who are into those.

Sad you aren't around during the Red banner. Bet you'd enjoy BLAST BURN here. I sure love it and use it every day lol

=====================

So... New update.

First I like the change on item limit. Good QoL though to be honest, I have way too many items already and all my favorite pairs maxed (as well as a few of the useful ones)

What dissapointed me were the new leaked pairings. Aside from Dawn, nothing noteworthy.

Actually, even Dawn feels dissapointing. Will do the daily pull with paid gems for her but won't try to get her no matter what. Her kit is kind of meh so I'll wait until I run into her during a Pokéfair or a random daily pull. Maybe pick her when they do that 3k paid gems for a free 5-star pull.

But what I really want to say is

JUST RELEASE MAY YOU COWARDS I'VE BEEN WAITING AGES ALREADY GIVE ME MY MAY DANM IT

LordSerperior

Dawn is the most boring of the bunch for me. I skipped the Sinnoh games so I have no attachment to any of the characters either. I love the Unova characters though so really digging Burgh amd SS Grimsley. And they really outdid themselves with SS Grimsley's design imo. Best alt in the game.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Dawn becoming available is making me interested in playing this game again. And she’s partnered up with my favourite starter ever, Turtwig. Only thing is Serebii misled me with the tweet yesterday and made me think it was yesterday it was released so I tried for and realised I’ve not used up my 3000 gems. Nice one.....

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm really interested to see what Dawn's personality will be like in Masters:
I can see her either being more of a plane Jane into research and studying like her/Lucas’s portrayal in the games, more of a spunky spitfire like in the anime, or more composed & sophisticated like Platinum from Pokémon Adventures

I know that she’ll still be into contests, but I’m hoping that her having Torterra will lead to her having her own unique personality that makes her stand out more

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I have over 9000 crystals and still plenty to get. I want to get Dawn.

EDIT: Drugged, er, leveled up Korrina..........'s Lucario like crazy and exploiting Rosa's bar-filling move to blaze through Fighting-type training to get all the rewards before the event expires. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Tried pulling Dawn today.

First pull (the discount one with paid gems) gave a 5-star.

Plumeria

After doing the Jasmine banner and the free pull, I've decided to risk Dawn's banner with some of my saved gems and got another 5 star

Clemont.

Not that bad. Still want Dawn though haha

LordSerperior

Today I realized this game is a bit short on gems to pull trainers, despite the fact I started late into the game's cycle. 9000 wasted and all I got was freaking Clemont.
I think we get around 15k per month from the regular sources + events. I think thats a good amount (more is always better though lol). We have a bit less predicted for this month but the Legendary Arena is supposed to come out soon so it will probably have more.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think we get around 15k per month from the regular sources + events. I think thats a good amount (more is always better though lol). We have a bit less predicted for this month but the Legendary Arena is supposed to come out soon so it will probably have more.
Huh. Maybe I really need to finish as much stuff as I can. I have only done the two bingo cards which were my sources for 6000 gems. I have just recently reached the PML episodes and made a mad dash to complete as many of the Fighting-Type Training event missions as possible before it expired.

Voice actor for Dawn is Kimberley Anne Campbell. You may have heard her as Chimera Ant Hina in HunterXHunter.

LordSerperior

Huh. Maybe I really need to finish as much stuff as I can. I have only done the two bingo cards which were my sources for 6000 gems. I have just recently reached the PML episodes and made a mad dash to complete as many of the Fighting-Type Training event missions as possible before it expired.

Voice actor for Dawn is Kimberley Anne Campbell. You may have heard her as Chimera Ant Hina in HunterXHunter.
Yeah the event missions are a must for gems and the Battle Villa but it may be a bit hard if you're just starting out. But you should be able to do the hard story mode (which isn't hard at all) for a lot of gems.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Speaking of gems, during launch, I've done the story portion of Dawn's event. It was really good I end up falling the to the temptation of attempting to pull on her banner again.

Turns out I got her in the second pull. That's 3 5-stars today with less than 5-7 pulls on a non-Poké Fair banner.

Hope I doesn't waste all my luck since I'll need it for the May banner. Please, DeNA release her ASAP. I'm tired of waiting and I have 80k+ saved for this very moment (as well as a Rosanta rerun)

And since Dawn's grid is so unappealing won't bother trying to hoard for dupes. Might attempt a few more pulls on sunday so I can get a 4 star ticket to exchange for a 5 star one before the month exchange resets

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Her sync move doesn't attack but rather buff all your stats (including accuracy) by 2.

Also, if you are playing on co-op and swap, Eevee will pass all buffs she's gotten to the forthcoming teammate.

Plus, if I recall correctly she has the 2nd highest bulk in this game, only being beaten by Rosa

Depending on what they do with her sync grid, she can be quite handy in the Battle Villa, specially if she gets crazy passives like Master Healer and Potion refresh.

LordSerperior

Finishing these event battles on super hard is absolutely tedious. FIFTY times to get all rewards? I'm getting sick of murdering Brawly's team with Kahili's Toucannon.
I get you lol. But its actually better now. Back during Steven's story event, they had us do 50 super hard co-op stages. This was also before you could do co-op with all 9 of your own Pokemon and you'd pretty much always get paired with people using Mewtwo on auto. It was probably the most frustrating event mission ever. 50 solo battles that can be autoed are a blessing by comparison lol.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
They really are milking bonds and friendship for all they're worth in the main story, right. This cheesy writing is something I'd expect from the Pokemon anime, but not here, despite the fact people do say "die."

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Mixed feelings about the stamina system. Honestly, that's the first message that kind of dissapointed me.

Anyway, just finished the Entei event and the new main story stuff. Almost 2k gems today!

The Entei event was hard. I end up finishing with more than 12 and panic thinking I'd lose the opportunity to get the remaining gems/medals but turns out you can try again for a better score/rewards. End up managing to finish it with 2 trios.

Acerola and Skyla were the MVPs hands down. Sure, I had to count on Red for dealing lots of damage but those two's support was vital. Which is impressive since they are free pairings.

The final trio for the the 46%-so HP 3rd stage Entei had I used Crasher, Wallace and Cynthia. The former did fantastic with a lucky flinch in the first go while Wallace tanked hits and dealt chip damage with Whirpool damage (unfortunately didn't deal much damage because I just had it 1/5). Cynthia didn't get to do much believe or not.

Surprised Crasher would be such MVP since he is a common gatcha unit. Good thing I made it a 4-star before they started making it possible to exchange potential tickets. Now that colorful Entei badge will be decorating my profile haha

Leaf would have been great but what hold her back is the lack of grid. Skyla kind of had the same issue since her full grid isn't avaliable so we can't use the Gust flinch node which would have been handy here.