• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That happens only on events though. I think only once a month. So I end up not minding if I'm one of those avid gem horders who finish it on one day haha

Plus, those events tends to last, what, 2 weeks? If you want, you can do it little by little. If you are hardcore and wants to finish on one day to show off then don't blame the devs lol

For everything else I like the game gives you the liberty to play as much as you want and spend as much time as you want. It took me a good chunk of time today to finish the Entei event but I had the liberty of making as many attempts as I want to. I like the game don't limit you.

Either way, I'm concerned on getting May. Give me May and Mudkip, you cowards! I've been saving over 90k gems for her :(

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That happens only on events though. I think only once a month. So I end up not minding if I'm one of those avid gem horders who finish it on one day haha

Plus, those events tends to last, what, 2 weeks? If you want, you can do it little by little. If you are hardcore and wants to finish on one day to show off then don't blame the devs lol
But then that proves a major inconvenience for people who get into this game late and then have to deal with that. The point is they don't want to make these requirements necessary to beat by getting addicted doing the same damned requirement over and over. Even spreading battles thin throughout the week is a chore.

LordSerperior

I don't mind the stamina system for the training area as it grinding for materials and catching up is very hard for new players. But I don't want it for the events. I like doing events at my own pace which means playing a lot on certain days and not at all on others depending on how mich time I have. A stamina system for the events would mean I'd have to play the same amount every day to complete it and that sounds very inconvenient.

If they want the events to feel less repetitive, which they certainly are, then they should try to improve event design as well the missions. A stamina system wouldn't solve that problem. But they said itll only be implemented on certain events so I want to wait and see how they plan on implementing it before making any judgments.

But then that proves a major inconvenience for people who get into this game late and then have to deal with that. The point is they don't want to make these requirements necessary to beat by getting addicted doing the same damned requirement over and over. Even spreading battles thin throughout the week is a chore.

That only really applies to the training area though? Strengthening units is the major roadblock for new players. The events are just as convenient or inconvenient (whichever they feel like) for older players so I don't see how a stamina system will make them better for newer players.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That only really applies to the training area though? Strengthening units is the major roadblock for new players. The events are just as convenient or inconvenient (whichever they feel like) for older players so I don't see how a stamina system will make them better for newer players.
A stamina system means the game will reward victories so much more than constantly redoing the same thing for meager gains.

For example, in Fire Emblem Heroes, the stamina is put in place to limit too much play time (unless someone uses Stamina Potions) because you can get everything you need in 10 minutes. However, all the rewards on a new chapter or activity can be easily gotten within the first day, depending on the event. Events that last longer than a week like the Tempest Trials are effortless in trying to get all rewards. Hell, when you get a new unit, it takes less than half an hour to train them to max level, at which point they're ready to roll.

Something that isn't seen in Pokemon Masters. In Masters, while events seem to last two weeks to give plenty of time to get all rewards, it's an utter chore to complete 50 battles and so. Then what really makes the bulk of the game is how fast you can level your units in full. No doubt people who started since the beginning and somehow kept doing the same thing so many times have nukes as units, but when a new player starts out, they have to dedicate an excruciating amount of time to get any of these masochistic events done. Training units in this game is incredibly boring as they cross the 100 level threshold. It doesn't help that getting a lot of EXP fast is impossible because, outside of the selective type events, nowhere else in the game is it easy to train past level 45. And even if you get a bunch of 3* EXP manuals (which take a lot of resources to trade for or getting one by one through said type events), it takes a lot of it to even train one unit. Oh, and it is even worse when this game has over 10 types that must be covered across the board. You want to start playing at the Villa? Hope you have 9 different units at max level despite spending hours training 3 of the same type that haven't hit their max levels yet.

The only upside this game has is that it has an abysmal number of units to get and they only ever release like 2 new units every 2 weeks, making it easier to get them; something that is balanced by the lack of free gems to get.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

A stamina system means the game will reward victories so much more than constantly redoing the same thing for meager gains.

For example, in Fire Emblem Heroes, the stamina is put in place to limit too much play time (unless someone uses Stamina Potions) because you can get everything you need in 10 minutes. However, all the rewards on a new chapter or activity can be easily gotten within the first day, depending on the event. Events that last longer than a week like the Tempest Trials are effortless in trying to get all rewards. Hell, when you get a new unit, it takes less than half an hour to train them to max level, at which point they're ready to roll.

Something that isn't seen in Pokemon Masters. In Masters, while events seem to last two weeks to give plenty of time to get all rewards, it's an utter chore to complete 50 battles and so. Then what really makes the bulk of the game is how fast you can level your units in full. No doubt people who started since the beginning and somehow kept doing the same thing so many times have nukes as units, but when a new player starts out, they have to dedicate an excruciating amount of time to get any of these masochistic events done. Training units in this game is incredibly boring as they cross the 100 level threshold. It doesn't help that getting a lot of EXP fast is impossible because, outside of the selective type events, nowhere else in the game is it easy to train past level 45. And even if you get a bunch of 3* EXP manuals (which take a lot of resources to trade for or getting one by one through said type events), it takes a lot of it to even train one unit. Oh, and it is even worse when this game has over 10 types that must be covered across the board. You want to start playing at the Villa? Hope you have 9 different units at max level despite spending hours training 3 of the same type that haven't hit their max levels yet.

The only upside this game has is that it has an abysmal number of units to get and they only ever release like 2 new units every 2 weeks, making it easier to get them; something that is balanced by the lack of free gems to get.
Yeah, I agreed with you there? Training pairs is the major roadblock for all new players because of the extremely low drop rates. And I do believe that the training area needs a revamp. My concern was always for the events?

Do I think completing 50 battles for a mission reward is ridiculous and boring? Yes. But that is an event design problem not a stamina problem. I don't play FEH and it seems great that you can complete events in 10 minutes but from the kind of time gating we've seen in Pokemas in the Flying type training event and stuff, I am very wary of what the stamina system will look like. I just can't see them allowing us to get maxed out legendaries in 10 minutes. I am concerned about how all this will affect the way I play the game but I am willing to wait and see what it looks like first.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Finished the Battle Villa again. Really happy I got to do the second part of this month's season on 3 days as well.

This time was interesting... I had a bit of Hall 22 left and all the remaining ones... And managed to clear them with only 2 trios (Red/Rosa/Scottie and Cynthia/Acerola/Skyla). Rosa and Scottie fainted on Hall 29. Red did some stuff on 30, leaving everything else up to Sand Team in the final hall.

I really have to thank folks on Reddit. Sand Team is REALLY good specially when RNG lets Sandstorm and Potion refresh lol

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
New pairings... Aside from Serena, everything else is hot garbage. I'm so dissapointed. Where's May, darn it? Give me May you cowards!

Also, I thought no anime characters yet they bring... Jessie? Guess she counts as game character because of role on Yellow?

LordSerperior

New pairings... Aside from Serena, everything else is hot garbage. I'm so dissapointed. Where's May, darn it? Give me May you cowards!

Also, I thought no anime characters yet they bring... Jessie? Guess she counts as game character because of role on Yellow?
I've noticed you only seem to be interested in the player characters.

I love both Lucy and Morty and really couldn't care less about Serena, probably because I really did not enjoy playing XY. She does have the best kit though, that AoE sleep. Lucy is 4 star so not gonna pull on her banner and thankfully Morty is the last banner for this patch so I can wait for the next banner before deciding on pulling for him.

Yeah, Jessie is probably there because of Yellow/LGPE. I don't mind Jessie and James but I really don't wanna see Ash.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm not used to seeing actual aged Serena after the anime de-aged her. I'm interested to see what her characterization will be like, though it looks like she'll be an idol because her Pokemon has a "Go Viral 9" skill, so unless she's into spreading poison...

Jessie is representing Yellow/LGPE. Thankfully, no Ash, because Red was used there (or the other LGPE kid).

I'm interested to know what talented voice actors these girls will land here. Ha ha.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The more I think about it, the more Serena looks exciting to have. Will definetely Wailord for her even if I'm still with less than 102k gems (was saving for May, Sygna Leaf and Rosanta but oh well)

Will use her in a team with Red and Scottie (PC). Thinking about it she will have a good synergy with them. Will call it BLAST BURN!!! as a homage to @AuraChannelerChris meme lol

Only thing preventing the team from being a good set for the Villa is the lack of recovery. And the fact Torchic didn't get a sync grid and evolution yet. Ideally, it'd be neat if Torchic gets something like AoE recuperation during sync as well as MP refresh for Blazing Hope. It'd be good synergy with Charizard and Delphox

By the way, the datamine also revealed a grid for Hilda. Haven't seen what's she is getting but I'm excited regardless. Funny enough I've gotten her 5/5 this week so I'm all set to fully take advantage of her grid.

I've noticed you only seem to be interested in the player characters.

Yup, that's indeed the case and I make no secret of it :D They tend to be the only ones I like, believe or not.

Though I'm also sympathetic of Iris, Clemont, Wally and Lillie.

Iris was free and I have a Clemont already (though I didn't like they didn't take a note out of the anime and let us see his eyes). Still need to get Wally and I probably won't be crazy when Lillie drops her banner. For now, May is top priority lol

(or the other LGPE kid).

Chase was the name. Surprised DeNA isn't using him. Guess they deemed him and Elaine redundant since they have Red and Leaf avaliable already.

LordSerperior

By the way, the datamine also revealed a grid for Hilda. Haven't seen what's she is getting but I'm excited regardless. Funny enough I've gotten her 5/5 this week so I'm all set to fully take advantage of her grid.

I don't have her at 3/5 but really excited for this. She finally gets the recoil damage reduction that she desperately needed and can also kinda function as healer. I still need to look at what other builds she can go for.

Yup, that's indeed the case and I make no secret of it :D They tend to be the only ones I like, believe or not.

I find that really interesting because I tend to find their designs to be very bland and generic (with Hilda and Kris being notable exceptions) and for obvious reasons they don't really have much personality. During the early days of the game I tried imagining them as their manga counterparts because I like most of them but that's kinda hard with how different they are. It's pretty much impossible to imagine Masters Brendan as Ruby for example. I love Kris and Hilda though and Ethan was fun in Silver's story. I'm excited about May too and Moon/Selene.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Lol. Can't even get this game on a new phone which has Android 10 and just came out this year! It's a Samsung Galaxy A01. And it's 64 bit.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hey, gems are a bit cheaper now. It didn't make way too much different for me but it's a start.

Also, I'm definetely addicted to this thing:

Today, I've reached Hall 20 of the Villa (even if I'm on the first wave, Garchomp alone put a good dent on the side minions) and cleared all missions of the fire-type event, only pending to farm vouchers to clean the shop haha. Later in the day, I'll Wailord for Serena and then do her event.

Speaking of which, Serena's stuff in the shop are giving tickets away though only 1 5-stars. But the cost is still 300 each so I there's lot of farming ahead >_>

LordSerperior

The Serena event shop is insane. I don't even like to clear shops, just get the top stuff and yet the amount of vouchers required is insane. Really enjoyed the full force battles though. They're not particularly hard but clearing it 3v9 with Ethan was really satisfying.

I almost forgot to do the BV today. At this point it seems like a chore to me, it's slow, repetitive and ultimately does not feel rewarding enough.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Spent 40k gems and only managed to get Serena to 2/5. No Impervious for a time, I guess :(

Still, she was really good with what's unblocked on 2/5. Cleared the ultra hard stage with no trouble at all. I only lose Torchic probably because his bulk isn't the best (evolution/grid when?) and I didn't time Hypnosis that well.

Also, managed to get all vouchers on her shop as well some extras namely the co-op orbs, manuals, replay ticket and money. The Super Hard stage actually drops a very good amount of tickets though it's still a bit grindy.

Here's hope Serena3 spooks me in the daily paid gems pulls in the next 20 days haha

Oh and I finally managed to max my Red to 20/20. I've had him on 5/5 as I got lucky to pulling him during his banner. Now Red and Brendan are my fully maxed units.

At this point it seems like a chore to me, it's slow, repetitive and ultimately does not feel rewarding enough.

Same here. It's annoying how some battles mostly depend on RNG. I had to reset like 10 times on battle 2 because I wasn't getting Sandstorm refresh on Acerola. I wonder if I'll be able to beat tomorrow. With Sawyer as Hall 30 that might not the case

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Ok, you win. I have no idea what you are talking about.

EDIT: Ah, so Chris posted on the wrong, thread. And I'm the only living witness!

And just like that, her next novel became a top seller within a day and continued for years. Their lives, however, were screwed.

Well, that's the game that turned Valerie into a furry. Shauntal being a fujoishi is just consistency :p

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know who Serena's VA in Masters is? I think it's Cherami Leigh since I've been watching Journeys & BNA on Netflix, but it's still a little hard to tell