1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by shoz999, May 30, 2019.

1. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Pokeball Rank Trainer

Does anyone know who Serena's VA in Masters is? I think it's Cherami Leigh since I've been watching Journeys & BNA on Netflix, but it's still a little hard to tell

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hello again."

This Steel-type Training quest is maddening because the game does NOT give you a free Steel-type, unlike every other type.

You think I'm blazing things with freaking Thorton?

LordSerperior likes this.
  3. LordSerperior

LordSerperior Well-Known Member

Yeah, the steel type requirement was pretty bad given none of the steel types are easy to get, except Solgaleo which was limited. The gacha ones aren't even 3 stars which are much easier to get than the 4 stars.

The time gated ultra hard in the training events are also annoying. If they wanna do something like that, can they at least give us a reminder somehow to do it everyday. I've missed two days already.

Leonhart likes this.
  4. AuraChannelerChris

And now I'm the proud owner of Steven Stone for doing a desperate one scout pull (which...I've been doing for the past week).

Finally, I can relegate Thorton from his unfitting attacker role and get this training event done. I can just stick Leaf into a third role just because her unevolving Eevee has Iron Tail.

5. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix #ChespinGang

Her Eevee can also boost every single stat of your party by 2 with her sync move. And she has potion. Not to mention she only loses to Rosa as bulkiest unit.

Once her grid is out and she gets potion refresh/master healer she'll be a big deal.

=============

Hilda's grid is fun. I'll try to get sharp entry and all standfast nods. But man, she even gets immunity to speed/attack drops. It's going to be hard to choose lol

6. AuraChannelerChris

I engaged on a personal quest to find out who voices Steven in the game. I guessed Greg Chun...he himself said "[he] wished!"

I guess I got closer to the truth.

Seriously, why do the VAs in here go uncredited? They do appear in the credits, but the game makes no effort to point out who voices who.

7. AuraChannelerChris

8. Spider-Phoenix

Finished the Cobalion event.

Some tips: Cobalion is immune to sleep in the second bar but becomes weak to it again on the final one.

I ended up wasting my tech candies on Flannery to unlock her grid and in the end, it wasn't even necessary since I finished the hardest stage with only Serena, Red and Skyla.

I was lucky on some things:

- I landed a burn with heat Wave exactly where and when I needed on bar 2

- I found out hypnosis works on life 3. I thought it wouldn't but oh well.

- Charizard lived on a sliver of health before the final blow. Good thing mine was 20/20 and had max 2* fire gear

9. LordSerperior

LordSerperior Well-Known Member

I finished it with two teams and absolutely no sleep. I have to say the Healthy Advantage 8 and Lessen Affliction combo was cheap.

SS Elesa/Red/Skyla took it all the way to 60% of the 3rd Bar. It was hard to trigger paralysis despite having Hostile Environment on Elesa but she made up for it by evading and healing herself with Ridicure. Also got a lucky burn with Heat Wave.

Finished it with Viola/Karen/Pryce. Ice Beam froze on both the turns I needed it to and Karen just destroys with a Dirty+Foul Fighting Dark Pulse. I really loved using Pryce's Freeze Synergy Ice Beam here and I want more freeze focused units and a Lorelei grid!

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  10. AuraChannelerChris

Sure is going to be hell for someone who doesn't have either Serena or Red.

Me.

Ugh. Why do these events REALLY force players in trying to get the newest deal who is conveniently incredibly useful to pass said events? This feels like extortion.

11. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I don't play Masters, but I just want to come on here to say how awesome I think it is that they're adding Jessie and James. I absolutely love seeing those two put in video games. Team Rocket can technically be considered game characters thanks to Yellow and Let's Go, but I hope other anime characters like Ash can eventually make it too, even without a previous game appearance.

04n70n10 likes this.
  12. AuraChannelerChris

13. Spider-Phoenix

The event is fairly short and Jessie didn't get a grid. Feels like they rushed a bit so they could ride the movie promotion train.

Anyway, I don't think that meanst they can use anime characters. Even if it's supposed to tie in with movie 23, I dunno... If I recall Jessie's outfit is slightly different there, they don't mention anything about Ash's Pikachu despite being their life-goal...

I think it's the following: they don't have the anime license but since JJ&M show up in the games, they can use them.

Even if Meowth doesn't speak in the games, that doesn't matter much since GF probably could use it in the games if they wanted to. They got the whole set, as in TR!Meowth as a character. They probably skip giving lines to himon Yellow/LGPE 'cause it'd be too hard to implement or they had no clue what dialogue to write for him

So... They are using TR because they are in the games and with that loophole is doing a promotion for the movie or using the movie to promote themselves in a sort of license loophole.

Still, I wish I was wrong though. I'd love to finally get to really play as Ash not pretend the male PC is him but Ash himself.

Give it a chance. It's good and fun :)

14. AuraChannelerChris

Figures anime!TRio is so cheap they don't have voiced lines.

By the way, the Nincada bit was very amusing.

15. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Trust me, I wish I had a choice. My phone (which only a year and a half old, for the record) isn't compatible. I would have tried it at release, if it were possible. Can't say I would have continued to play, as there's really only ever been two free-to-play games that have ever kept my attention, but I definitely would have given it a chance.

On a separate note while we're here, super happy to have Jessie and James in Go as well, so I don't have to miss out on the fun.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  16. Spider-Phoenix

Me still waiting for May

[​IMG]

Anyway, nothing in the new update caught my attention aside from the token thing we can exchange for move candy (I can finally finish unlocking Rosa's and Acerola's grids!). Summer Lyra is ok but I'm not crazy about her character. Also, not a fan of Jigglypuff. And while I like both Cynthia and Kommo-o I'll save effort on them for a future rerun

So I'll be skipping everything. Good 'cause that saves me tons of gems

17. AuraChannelerChris

With all the free stamina I get, I rarely ever descend below the maximum amount.

Also, RIP 8000 gems going for S!Lyra. Somehow I ended up with a copy of Hilda and Olivia.

18. Spider-Phoenix

I've already used all up unlocking all the item paths in the event lol

But then I've read the stamina we get as a login bonus expires so it was better this way haha

19. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

I tried to roll for Steven the day his banner dropped and, long story short it took me my 40k so I could spark him. I got Fantina, Blue, Hilda (x2, she's now fully merged), Wallace, Kris, Glacia, Phoebe and Serena.

So, uh back to saving for me.