• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm really happy about the Battle Villa change, hopefully a monthly Battle Villa means we'll get more variation between refreshes and it actually feels different each time. Not waiting for the refreshes for the milestone rewards is also a huge plus in my opinion. A little concerned about how the gems from the villa will be redistributed but I'll wait until we have more information on that.
You'll still have Hilda inexplicably use Haxorus instead of Iris and you'll LIKE IT!

LordSerperior

You'll still have Hilda inexplicably use Haxorus instead of Iris and you'll LIKE IT!
Hilda can use anyone and everyone's ace Pokemon and I'll still like it lol.

Though I think Hilda is meant to be represent our Battle Subway partner from the main games and she can have Haxorus there. Though if they're still devoted to having all the main bosses be connected to the battle facilities, Lucy is a possible replacement for Hilda.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I was really unlucky with the Fall Hilbert banner, guess I'm not pulling for Acerola and probably not pulling at all until at least Christmas.

I'm really happy about the Battle Villa change, hopefully a monthly Battle Villa means we'll get more variation between refreshes and it actually feels different each time. Not waiting for the refreshes for the milestone rewards is also a huge plus in my opinion. A little concerned about how the gems from the villa will be redistributed but I'll wait until we have more information on that.

Long as its an infinite source of gems (Still got to work for it.), then I wouldn't care about the changes to the villa beyond, I hope it isn't as much of a chore as it is now.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
"You thought it was May but that was ME, Lisia"

Another worthless event incoming I guess. Big pass for me. Guess I'll be saving my gems this time as well.

LordSerperior

I can't believe they're adding Lisia now after I got screwed over by Hilbert and vowed not to pull until Christmas. Screw everything, I'm definitely pulling! Now I hope they don't drop Bianca or Falkner on me anytime soon, I need time to recover gems.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wasn't expecting Nate. Though I really wish he had Victini like some rumors were suggesting. I might do dailies on his banner and depending on the gems, I have pull a multi.

Rosanta is also coming earlier than I expected which kind of worries me. I'll do dailies on her. If I got her at least once, I can stop and keep my stock for my May saved.

Now I hope they don't drop Bianca [...] on me anytime soon, I need time to recover gems.

You might not want to check the newest datamine....

LordSerperior

You might not want to check the newest datamine....
Too late! I jinxed myself and they even threw in Rosanta earlier than I expected. This datamine has me really excited and frustrated at the same time lol.

I guess I could skip Lisia's banner and pity her on Bianca's. Or hope to get lucky with Bianca and pity Lisia on the Rosanta banner. But then there's also the 2020 holiday units next month and I need to retain 36k for Falkner. This month is a going to be a challenge.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My remade plan is using the discount daily pull until the last day of Nate's and Rosanta's banner. I was more or less sucessful with that since I've gotten Hilda (way back in the day), both Summer Pairs and Halloween Acerola that way.

I might not even do a multi on Nate's banner and reserve that for Rosanta. 1/5 is all I need for her since it's mostly for showing and not for meta.

All for the sake of keeping at least 40k intact for May in case she drops next month. I think Rosanta will run long enough so the datamine for december will show up so the final decision will be made easier.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Lisa is not that bad ....Special made her bi*ch though

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So final day of Sygna Blue. Did two multis and 3 individual pulls.

Got 2 Sygna Suits... Elesa and Grimsley lol Had to use the pity pick to make him 2/5.

Well, I wasn't planning on using him anyway and only pulled so much because I lost control of myself at the time lol.

Now, let's hope my luck will be better with Furbert.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
3000 gems down the drain to get H!Hilbert. Overload animation plays yet again.

And I get my first Sygna Suit Grimsley. I weep.

...not for long, because I actually was given H!Hilbert! I did not want to miss out of Mightyena, er, H!Hilbert.

With H!Acerola being so casually gotten, I declare this seasonal hunt a success after my hoooooooorrible experience with S!Lyra and S!Steven.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hurray. They're rerunning Zinnia in two days.

Also, Skyla & Swanna are getting the 6*EX treatment alongside Barry & Empoleon and Korrina & Lucario, but Skyla gets top treatment by giving players specific 5* boosters for her.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not all's good as DeNA did the very unfair decision of not giving the extra "Zinnias" and the tickets so you could 5/5 20/20 her. I did it when the event happened the first time, but it's really disgusting they are doing this to new players.

As for the pool, happy Skyla won but I wasn't expecting such a landslide victory. Barry and Korrina seem to have been dragged along more as pity/consolation prize because the difference to Skyla was abysmal.

---------------

As for the event, today I just made a big blunder and end up using up my stamina on a team with no boosts. I'm really pissed. Lost the chance for 300 tokens :(

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Goddammit I wasn't able to pull Halloween Touya. First limited character I actually miss out on. Got the rainbow sparkles and all in my second to final pull too, but it was just stupid old Giima.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hey, Dephender is part of the gang. Good.

I feel you, man. I missed Holiday Rosa last year :(

Today even if I didn't get Hilbert through the daily discount pull, I've managed to get him in the first multi. And with an extra copy. You guys have no idea how much relief I felt. I'd be content with one to be honest but getting him with only one multi was good since I was planning doing 2 (maybe 3). Saves me a lot for Rosanta and maybe Nate (that will depend on a lot of things). My strategy of pulling daily and saving multipull for the last day really paid off this time.

On another non-pull subject, man I was really annoyed that all us, who finished the original Zinnia event got from doing the story again is... a 3-star ticket. That just doesn't make sense. If it's to be that way, at least let people use the 3-star candy on her then. We've get the unfairness of people who started recently can't get her 5/5 20/20 like those who were around by that time already and that just adds insult to injury...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I feel you, man. I missed Holiday Rosa last year :(

Ouch. She's by far the best of the 6 season characters we've got, and she doesn't even have a grid yet. Halloween Acerola in comparison seems borderline useless unless you have multiple dupes of her to access the nodes that make her hit hard enough to bother with. Might toss a candy at her once I get enough coins.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Alright, I cleared the spooky Full Force Battles doing what every pro player does.

Using the dreadfully broken combination that is Healer Skyla, Heat Wave/Blast Burn SS Red, and Hypnosis Serena.

Okay, so they all fell to the very last one, but SS Leaf, Shauntal, and SS Blue cleaned house.

LordSerperior

The Zinnia rerun is a joke. A 3* power up of all things. I kinda expected them to not give 5/5 20/20 like the original but I was expecting the same rewards as the Silver/Cyrus events at least. Can't wait to see how they plan on fixing it. Also they should seriously start adding legendary grids and EX versions with reruns