• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Folks on Reddit had suggested a strat containing SS Elesa, Blue and Kahili. I have yet to test but it seems that we'll need Breathtaking to refresh at least once. Sync First with Blue then Kahili. Still haven't tried myself.

Also, here's for a good tip from the good folks on the PM Discord: you can try for the 2 minutes clear mission on the test tab so you won't miss stamina and can attempt as much as you need to.

EDIT: Tested and it works like a charm.

===================

On another note, I've seen some claiming that Nate was played by Ikue Ohtani in the japanese audio option.

Honestly, I don't see it as being the case. The voice does ressemble a bit but I'm confident it's not her.

I've learned my lesson after assuming Aoi Yuuki was playing Iris just to later figure out it's not her lol

Last edited:

LordSerperior

Folks on Reddit had suggested a strat containing SS Elesa, Blue and Kahili. I have yet to test but it seems that we'll need Breathtaking to refresh at least once. Sync First with Blue then Kahili. Still haven't tried myself.

Also, here's for a good tip from the good folks on the PM Discord: you can try for the 2 minutes clear mission on the test tab so you won't miss stamina and can attempt as much as you need to.

EDIT: Tested and it works like a charm.

I think steel strike is likely though. Those login rewards (strike bottles and steel tomes) are linked to her eventual addition to the game so it would be weird for her to be a different type. Also hoping she's free. Galar characters being fair game now makes me worry for my gems though since there's so many that I like. At this point I'm praying Falkner is a free story unit.

For the two minute clear you really need SS Elesa and Blue and have Breathtaking refresh at least once. Kahili (or Nate) would definitely make Vileplume easier but I had Skyla as my third and still managed.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
My condolences to all the poor players wanting all these new characters in different Sync Scout banners while dealing with piss-poor free gem rates. Alder, Nate, Older Bianca, and now C!Rosa.

I'm not confident about getting all rewards in Time Trial, because now it really, really looks like you need more specific Sync Pairs in a specific team.

For god's sake, Lear, reopen the damn Battle Villa already!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Uh, yeah, that's... literally the point of that event. It says so in the announcement too.

I initially tried with Kahili, but she just doesn't hit hard enough. Mei is there to refresh the gauge so you can constantly fire those Hurricanes for massive damage, if you run Kahili instead you slow down the damage output way too much. Time trial is all about real time seconds passed.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Uh, yeah, that's... literally the point of that event. It says so in the announcement too.

I missed the part that you could complete the mission finishing on less than 2 minutes with practice battle.

I initially tried with Kahili, but she just doesn't hit hard enough. Mei is there to refresh the gauge so you can constantly fire those Hurricanes for massive damage, if you run Kahili instead you slow down the damage output way too much. Time trial is all about real time seconds passed.

Kahili is mostly there to finish up the Vileplume on the right. But if you lucky and get Nate, even better.

Blue can kill it but it appears he requires a bit more time while Kahili decimates with only one sync (the 3rd overall)

Using the strat suggested by the good folks on discord, I never ran into the issue of missing energy for Hurricane. And my Blue is 4/5 but 0/20 (as in, he is not EX)

My condolences to all the poor players wanting all these new characters in different Sync Scout banners while dealing with piss-poor free gem rates. Alder, Nate, Older Bianca, and now C!Rosa.

I'm not confident about getting all rewards in Time Trial, because now it really, really looks like you need more specific Sync Pairs in a specific team.

For god's sake, Lear, reopen the damn Battle Villa already!

You are right. So far, for what I've seen you can only do the missions with gacha characters. Assuming one doesn't have one, the only one they could count on is... Skyla. Granted, Kahili and Winona are easier to get than Blue but still sub-optimal.

The MVP for the 2 minutes mission is SS Elesa as she rushes Sync.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thanks to discount daily pull I finally got Alder!

Thank God, another thing I won't have to worry about lol.

Since the Villa is returning next week, alongside my "gem salary", I'll have 80k counting with paid gems. Enough to pull for Rosanta and keep saving for May whenever she drops.

LordSerperior

Second banner in a row where I have terrible luck. Wanted to pity Lisia on the Rosanta banner and ended up having to pity Rosanta herself. For the first time in forever, I am now below 80k gems and I need to pity both Lisia and Biance somehow. Praying the Holiday 2020 units aren't interesting so I can maybe pity them on a good pokefair with better rates.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My favorite part of these events is when there are very good Sync Pairs to have as counters but my luck refuses to give me them.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What supports you have so far, Chris? Depending, it might be good thing trying again for Rosanta since she is really good, specially now she has a grid.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
In the end, Tapu Bulu was no match against Red in a suit and his girls backing him up. 7k Blast Burn damage is insane.
What supports you have so far, Chris? Depending, it might be good thing trying again for Rosanta since she is really good, specially now she has a grid.
Well, I don't go out of my way to get Supports much, so I pretty much have all the common ones.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I remember you mentioning you have Leaf so I assume you have her and all the free ones (Rosa, Skyla and co), right? Or do you have anything else?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Unless I'm mistaken, it's Zacian's cry in the end, right?

Either way, I wouldn't doubt she'll be a Pokéfair banner.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Lol Are they really giving Gloria a Box Legendary (Zacian) right off the bat?

So how come none of the other MC's got Legendaries then? Not even RED got a Legendary lol

Zacian is my favorite Galar Legendary so I'm not mad but jeez talk about unbalanced.

Zacian is broken af even in it's own game.
I'm worried to see what it'll be like here

Also if Gloria gets Zacian then what the heck is Leon getting? He's the Champion of Galar what the heck is he gonna get that can Top ZACIAN?!

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
At least Gloria having Zacian makes more sense than Silver somehow getting Ho-oh...the one bird that's not even a synonym to his namesake.

Leon got screwed, though. He can't use Charizard or Aegislash due to SS!Red and Wikstrom having those respectively, and he can't pull a Darach and use other Pokemon. (Speaking of which, Darach is just as screwed as him.)

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
At least Gloria having Zacian makes more sense than Silver somehow getting Ho-oh...the one bird that's not even a synonym to his namesake.

Leon got screwed, though. He can't use Charizard or Aegislash due to SS!Red and Wikstrom having those respectively, and he can't pull a Darach and use other Pokemon. (Speaking of which, Darach is just as screwed as him.)
Actually Gloria should have Zamazenta rather than Zacian. In the Manga her name is Shield lol

They can give Leon a Dragapult. That's the Pokémon usually associated with him after Charizard.

The ones who really got screwed over here are the Galar Starters.

If Gloria get Zacian. Victor will probably get Zamazenta.

Only Hop will be left to show off a Galar Starter. Even then there's a much higher chance that he'll show up with Wooloo instead.

At least the Alola Starters are safe for now since Elios and Selene haven't arrived yet.