• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Veenox

I kinda answered my own question about challenging regular trainers, as we can clearly see in the gameplay section where the MC is in first person look at a road with multiple trainers on it and then trigger a combat from one of them.

Now only wondering about the recruiting part. Like, they could add some low quality gacha with regular trainers and keep the elite trainers high ranked and difficult to get.
Also, I can't put my finger on who is shown at 3:55... Blond trainer with a Rockruff, it really doesn't ring any bell to me.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I kinda answered by own question about challenging regular trainers, as we can clearly see in the gameplay section where the MC is in first person look at a road with multiple trainers on it and then trigger a combat from one of them.

Now only wondering about the recruiting part. Like, they could add some low quality gacha with regular trainers and keep the elite trainers high ranked and difficult to get.
Also, I can't put my finger on who is shown at 3:55... Blond trainer with a Rockruff, it really doesn't ring any bell to me.
Must be a new character.

Lyra can get Marril since she's been shown with it a lot. I'm personally really happy to see Crystal and Lyra as special characters.
That makes sense since that's how it's played out in the games. If we go from GameFreak's perspective, I wonder if there's a chance Gold could have Pichu over his starter? Or maybe you can switch-out Pokemon? Or maybe different character designs get different Pokemon?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Regarding the trainers who do not have their Sync partner revealed yet who do you think it will be? Gym Leaders and Elite Four/Champions will likely use their “aces” (Tate and Liza is trickier since you fight them as a Double Battle) but not everyone else is not clear cut, particularly with cases like Kris whose “ace” is only defined in media outside the games.

Last edited:

shoz999

Reaction to this game seems mostly positive. Seeing quite a bit of fans saying they'll absolutely lose it, in an exciting way, if they see Red, Blue and Green together in a triple final boss battle.

LusoTrainer

Retro Trainer
Weird though don't you think? It's almost they showed Crystal and Lyra as two seperate characters and while that is confirmed by GameFreak, you'd think they'd treat her as a skin rather make her appear to be a separate character. With that being said if she is, I wonder if she'll have the same starter as Lyra or an entirely different Pokemon since there are three starters but adding Krys in, that's four characters, Gold, Krys, Lyra and Silver.

Silver will probably have his Crobat, as for the player characters, it's hard to say. I'm surprised that they are assigning them starters though. They should have given them one of those Pokémon that every player gets in their respective storyline, in Crystal's case, Togetic or Sudowoodo...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Something that crossed my mind while rewatching this:it is weird Giovanni and Team Rocket in general is allowed to participate. Wouldn’t mind if they’re not exactly good but they clearly have changed since their defeats

I'm curious about the fact Korrina has Lucario as her partner. Does that mean her being first makes Maylene and Riley and their Lucario obsolete, or will they still be in the game but have different moves to compensate?
I was wondering about this since her ace is Hawlucha.

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
After seeing the trailer, I could have sworn that I’ve seen both Kris and Lyra in the same picture. It would be funny to see what kind of interaction they will have when the game comes out.

Also, it’s nice to see the frontier brains to be given appreciation. However, Caitlin is seen in her BW design alongside Palmer & Thorton instead of her Platinum outfit. Does this mean we’ll get to see Anabel in her SM design if she were paired up with Brandon & Lucy? I could also see her fighting alongside Looker, Nanu, and Emma, since she now works for the International Police.

shoz999

Something that crossed my mind while rewatching this:it is weird Giovanni and Team Rocket in general is allowed to participate. Wouldn’t mind if they’re not exactly good but they clearly have changed since their defeats

I was wondering about this since her ace is Hawlucha.
Trainers can have more than one ace/signature Pokemon as is the case for Korrina who has two aces, not one.

After seeing the trailer, I could have sworn that I’ve seen both Kris and Lyra in the same picture. It would be funny to see what kind of interaction they will have when the game comes out.

Also, it’s nice to see the frontier brains to be given appreciation. However, Caitlin is seen in her BW design alongside Palmer & Thorton instead of her Platinum outfit. Does this mean we’ll get to see Anabel in her SM design if she were paired up with Brandon & Lucy? I could also see her fighting alongside Looker, Nanu, and Emma, since she now works for the International Police.
Honestly I think DeNa will release different "costumes" of Pokemon Characters who have more than one design and with each different skin, a different signature Pokemon. Think loadouts in Splatoon. For example, SM Anabel could have Entei while Emerald Anabel could have Raikou.

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Honestly I think DeNa will release different "costumes" of Pokemon Characters who have more than one design and with each different skin, a different signature Pokemon. Think loadouts in Splatoon. For example, SM Anabel could have Entei while Emerald Anabel could have Raikou.

Even better than an Entei, they could give her a Mega Latios. She has one in the Battle Tree.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Trainers can have more than one ace/signature Pokemon as is the case for Korrina who has two aces, not one.
Nope. In the games, every important trainer had one single ace.

Korrina is just a special case only because she was forced to use a Gen VI Pokemon for her formal Gym battle when in truth she was into Lucario (even though she didn't use it for the Gym battle). I guess Diantha lacked a real Fairy-type powerhouse belonging to Gen VI so she was associated with Mega Gardevoir.

shoz999

Nope. In the games, every important trainer had one single ace.

Korrina is just a special case only because she was forced to use a Gen VI Pokemon for her formal Gym battle when in truth she was into Lucario (even though she didn't use it for the Gym battle). I guess Diantha lacked a real Fairy-type powerhouse belonging to Gen VI so she was associated with Mega Gardevoir.
That's not true and you just admitted it yourself. In the games, every important trainer has either had one or more ace Pokemon and you just admitted this by saying Korrina is an exception to your belief, saying it's a special case. Koga's Venomoth in Gen 1 and Crobat in Gen 2, Brandon's Regibrother's in Gen 3, Flint's Infernape & Magmortar in Gen 4, N's Zoroark & Reshiram/Zekrom in Gen 5, Korrina's Hawlucha and Lucario in Gen 6 and Red's Pikachu and Venusaur in Gen 7 all of which can be considered "special cases" and yet is still proof that some trainers have more than one ace Pokemon. As to how I look at it, everyone who has more than one signature Pokemon is considered a "special case".

Ignition

Defeats the purpose of calling it an ace

Ignition

Not really. I've seen that "rule" broken too many times.
It’s not a rule, just a definition. Most of the examples you gave vary from game to game so it’s excusable. The inconsistency is just something weird GameFreak has never stayed with for whatever reason

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That's not true and you just admitted it yourself. In the games, every important trainer has either had one or more ace Pokemon and you just admitted this by saying Korrina is an exception to your belief, saying it's a special case. Koga's Venomoth in Gen 1 and Crobat in Gen 2, Brandon's Regibrother's in Gen 3, Flint's Infernape & Magmortar in Gen 4, N's Zoroark & Reshiram/Zekrom in Gen 5, Korrina's Hawlucha and Lucario in Gen 6 and Red's Pikachu and Venusaur in Gen 7 all of which can be considered "special cases" and yet is still proof that some trainers have more than one ace Pokemon. As to how I look at it, everyone who has more than one signature Pokemon is considered a "special case".
Koga changes aces between gens. He truly has no two aces at once.

Brandon's a gimmicky trainer, but he employs all Regis just because of his theme.

Flint's ace is Magmortar. Infernape is only there because Gen IV initially lacked Fire-types to justify his poor lineup of Fire-types (which the anime decided to make Infernape his ace just to have some link with Ash's).

N's "ace" changes between versions, but he never has two.

Korrina's Hawlucha pretty much fades into obscurity once she introduces Mega Evolution, because no one really has trouble dealing with the bird at all.

Red is a strange one, but his ace shall always be Charizard to associate him with his color-theme naming.

Also, having two aces defeats the purpose of having an ace at all.

shoz999

It’s not a rule, just a definition. Most of the examples you gave vary from game to game so it’s excusable. The inconsistency is just something weird GameFreak has never stayed with for whatever reason
Oh no, you got it all wrong. I'm not just talking about Pokemon, I'm talking about media in-general. You know Yugi of Yu-Gi-Oh. Everyone knows his Dark Magician as his Ace card right but then there's also Dark Magician Girl, Slifer the Sky Dragon, Gandora X, Kuriboh and don't get me started on the second protagonist lol.

shoz999

Koga changes aces between gens. He truly has no two aces at once.

Brandon's a gimmicky trainer.

Flint's ace is Magmortar. Infernape is only there because Gen IV initially lacked Fire-types to justify his poor lineup of Fire-types (which the anime decided to make Infernape his ace just to have some link with Ash's).

N's "ace" changes between versions, but he never has two.

Korrina's Hawlucha pretty much fades into obscurity once she introduces Mega Evolution, because no one really has trouble dealing with the bird at all.

Red is a strange one, but his ace shall always be Charizard to associate him with his color-theme naming.

Also, having two aces defeats the purpose of having an ace at all.
So basically what I'm getting at, these trainers have two or more ace Pokemon. Let's take a look at each one.

1. Actually Koga has both Golbat and Venomoth in Gen 1 and Crobat and Venomoth in Gen 2. Not only that but this has been very consistent in all his appearances in whatever timeline he appears in.

2. So basically he has three aces.

3. So basically Flint has two aces.

4. So basically N has two aces.

5. So basically Korrina has two aces.

6. I'm starting to see a trend here that your reasoning is, not to be rude, "lacking" in attempting to justify that there can only be one Ace. Also Red has never had Charizard as his ace in the main games. It has appeared on Red's team but never as his ace Pokemon.

7. Correct me if I'm wrong but Ace means the simply the best right? Not there is only one best right? But if we were to go by the second meaning, by your logic we should stop calling them Ace Pokemon since GameFreak has rendered that term useless and start calling them Signature Pokemon right?

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Funny. Years ago, I came up with a concept for a Pokemon Stadium-ese game that had you battling Trainers, Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Champions from every single generation! And of course Online multiplayer and Co-Op. And It had the same title. Pokemon Masters. SMH another dream dead in the water!

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
So basically what I'm getting at, these trainers have two or more ace Pokemon. Let's take a look at each one.

1. Actually Koga has both Golbat and Venomoth in Gen 1 and Crobat and Venomoth in Gen 2. Not only that but this has been very consistent in all his appearances in whatever timeline he appears in.

2. So basically he has three aces.

3. So basically Flint has two aces.

4. So basically N has two aces.

5. So basically Korrina has two aces.

6. I'm starting to see a trend here that your reasoning is, not to be rude, "lacking" in attempting to justify that there can only be one Ace. Also Red has never had Charizard as his ace in the main games. It has appeared on Red's team but never as his ace Pokemon.

7. Correct me if I'm wrong but Ace means the simply the best right? Not there is only one best right? But if we were to go by the second meaning, by your logic we should stop calling them Ace Pokemon since GameFreak has rendered that term useless and start calling them Signature Pokemon right?
Let go is kind different and before that ol Canon Red's ace is pikachu....it is so similar to Satoshi pikachu .

shoz999

Funny. Years ago, I came up with a concept for a Pokemon Stadium-ese game that had you battling Trainers, Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Champions from every single generation! And of course Online multiplayer and Co-Op. And It had the same title. Pokemon Masters. SMH another dream dead in the water!
Just a hunch but is that basically just Pokemon World Tournament at the base of it... now that I think about it. Pokemon World Tournament sounds like fancy name for a Pokemon Stadium game.