• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

I don't think it's worth it to go for the ranking either unless you can guarantee it. Top 6000 is pretty much impossible to retain without a high move level Gloria. I have Gloria and I can no longer make top 6000 without spending on stamina which I refuse to do. It is only going to get worse from here. Not too mention how boring it is to repeat the same battle over and over. The event gives plenty of gems from the tier rewards + the 18000 tier rewards so that's good enough for me.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's pretty disgusting move level dictates how many points you get from multipliers anyway. The best team is Gloria, Steven, and Jasmine all at 5/5. Higher rankings simply reward more to people who bothered getting that far spending on gems.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's obviously a strategy to make people spend real money. And while it's true I do buy gems, I'm not in a rush to place high, SPECIALLY on a pooly designed event like this one. I'll content if I can reach over 300k and get Gloria before her event ends.

===========

On another note, just did the story bits and I found hilarious Maylene thought she could take on Zacian with... Medicham lol

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I don't think it's worth it to go for the ranking either unless you can guarantee it. Top 6000 is pretty much impossible to retain without a high move level Gloria. I have Gloria and I can no longer make top 6000 without spending on stamina which I refuse to do.

That doesn't sound right. How many points are you getting per battle? A 1/5 Yuri should be enough to keep you in the top 6000.

(Also, spending a couple gems on stamina to qualify for winning WAY more bonus gems than the amount you spent is a pretty solid investment I'd say)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Mikan having a colossal appetite has been part of her character for quite a while.
Yeah, though it's only seen like once. At least this game does its research and brings back lots of personal call backs and develops each trainer more (though who knows if the extra character bits are official extensions, but it all sure looks 100% real and believable).

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
What do 5 star tickets do?

Trade 30 for a random 5* gacha character. Aside from the recent mountainload of them we got, they're pretty irrelevant because we get so few.

Sync orb ball things?

Used to buy nodes in the grid.

What are grids?

Some characters have grids full of nodes that add new passives or buff stats or moves in some way or another. You buy nodes with orbs, but you're limited to 750 orbs per grid (though you can cash your nodes back in for orbs and alter your grid that way, so you're free to experiment). Allows you to personalize the characters' abilities to a pretty significant degree, and the grids tend to power up the characters so much all the characters that don't have a grid yet have become pretty weak.

LordSerperior

That doesn't sound right. How many points are you getting per battle? A 1/5 Yuri should be enough to keep you in the top 6000.

(Also, spending a couple gems on stamina to qualify for winning WAY more bonus gems than the amount you spent is a pretty solid investment I'd say)
I'm using her with 2/5 Jasmine and 5/5 Wikstrom and I get anywhere between 5500 to 6500. I hate resetting battles for perfect scores so I don't do that. This reset, I was pushed to the edge of the 12000 tier.

Spending gems on stamina is only worth it if you can guarantee a top 6000 spot. If you get top 12000, you're only paying for the candy. Thing is people willing to spend money on the daily stamina bundle can easily push me out, so the top 6000 is not a guarantee for me at all and I'm not willing to take that risk. I'm content with the gems we're getting anyway.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The Gloria banner gave me an extra Jasmine. And I wasn't going to pull on her spotlight banner lol Anyway, it's a good outcome. A small boost is welcome.

Today I've reached 140k. Not shabby. I'm currently on grade D. Enough to get some gems out of it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I guess I'm cursed to be at Rank D in this event. Lack Gloria? Good luck even trying to get 800 Gems. It's so disgusting the 5* Move Candies are locked all that high up.

Also, I dropped 3k Gems on Gloria's banner just to see if I got her. I didn't, but, holy crap, I got Blue, Sabrina, AND Kukui in one go, and I lacked all of them. Blue fills a crucial Special offensive role because Kahili is absolutely crappy as a Physical member. Sabrina is also not too shabby.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Sabrina is good though you'd need her to be 3/5 to fully make use of her grid (because of refreshes, improvements on her Dire Hit and stuff like that)

As for rank, I'm on the same boat. There were some days where I make it to rank C but I eventually go back to D.

Either way, I don't really care. I'll probably reach 350k tomorrow and that's pretty much enough for me.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Me and 5/5 Daigo have managed to stay in the top 12000 by tossing an obscene amount of gems at the stamina exchange. Honestly though, that candy you get is worth the slight net loss in gems.

Did some yolo single pulls with my last gems on Yuri's banner hoping for a miracle and actually got a rainbow explosion despite having the lowest tier summon animation, which gave me a slight heart attack. Was just dumb old Touya though. He doesn't have a grid so I didn't even benefit from the dupe.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Finally reached over 350k. That's more than enough for me.

I still have like 618 stamina left.

Time to farm the stamina for thursday's event lol By my calculations, I'll end wednesday with 918 (only using 100 for the daily sync orbs).

Then on thursday, use stamina to clear the stages and after, depending on the amount, redeem the daily 200 to do more of the event (depending on the case) then sync orbs

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Sooo if you're barely below the 400k range, you're in Rank C. Good to know.

In other news, I finally bothered to finish the League all the way to Blue...and it's so disgusting you only get 10 of the 20 tickets you need to get a single custom 5* Ticket of 20 more to reach 6*. A whole month and you'll only get 1 custom 5* ticket? This has to be a joke. They shell out a lot of 6*s on Sync Pairs that it's impossible you'll get enough of these custom tickets in a single year.

Ugh. Whatever. I'm boosting SS!Red to 6*EX because that'll turn him into a bigger monster.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Wanna hear a bigger joke? Exchanging 20 for one 5-star ticket is only the initial price. The price increases over time as in, you needing 30 tickets to get ONE custom power up.

==================

I thought Solgaleo's event return would happen later this month. Wasn't expecting it today. This changes plans a bit: rather than doing the Sync Orb courses I'll do the stage so I can save stamina for Thursday event. By my estimations, I can finish off all events in one swoop this Thursday but we'll see.

LordSerperior

I finished in the top 18000 I think unless something drastic happened in the last 5 minutes. Which means I recovered all the gems I spent on Gloria and even got some extra. Waiting 2 weeks for the rewards is kinda annoying though.