• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

So we're getting Dawn and Serena for Valentine's. Don't really care about either character and there designs are pretty whatever as well for me. Dawn does seem like a good debuffer. Easy skips though unless I get tempted to pull Serena for the Whimsicott. However both Valentine units being girls makes me think we might get the guys for White Day. Was hoping they'd just combine the two so we'd get a break from seasonals.

With Piers and Dawn getting Alcremie, I think the Galar pairs are officially okay to go.

Love that Xerneas is the free one so I can skip Lysandre. Also Xerneas has a grid! I hope they start rolling out grids for the older legendary pairs as well. Mewtwo isn't getting one with this rerun though!
Not a super exciting datamine but I prefer it this way after the last two months. If I can resist Whimsicott, I think I can go over 70k gems for the 1.5 year anniversary.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Holy Christ, Platane looks absolutely broken. Time for Leaf to go cry in a corner.

Rune Knight

I don't play Masters but I'm interested in how they portray the characters from the games.

I heard that Piers is on his way, do you think he'll also get a British accent?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
@Dephender, I'm surprised Elesa and Phoebe survived those OP attacks. I was using SS Blue and he barely survived....

event_3010_1W_EventQuest_01_appeal_01.ktx.png

I'm so doomed. I was ready to focus only on Serena but then they had to add Dawn as well. Darn it. They are like my two favorite girls. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get both.

As for everything else, Piers is a skip for me even if he sounds fun and I'd like to get him. Lysandre I'll focus on dailies only even if I do like Yveltal. Probably won't try last day multis. If he's gone, well, I'll try next time.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
@Dephender, I'm surprised Elesa and Phoebe survived those OP attacks. I was using SS Blue and he barely survived....

You need to kill Wataru before he syncs (Iris can NOT survive his sync, and you've lost if she goes down), so it's not like he's going to be hitting them much. Fuyou just needs to get one crit and two attack buffs off before she falls, so a long as she survives a single hit she's done her job. The entire point is to make the battle be a very short one.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Gotcha.

In my case, I had Blue spam Water Pulses to boost his Sp.Def while his passive boosted Gloria's attack and Sabrina send crits or heal Blue. It also required good RNG like not getting Thunderbolt and Draco Meteor.

Anyway, tomorrow Serena drops. Wish me luck. And I wish everyone luck

LordSerperior

I need better impulse control! Whimsicott was too cute to resist and I ended up spending over 20k gems to get it, pulling nothing good in the process. Given my insane luck during New Years, I should've seen this coming.

I'm down to 36k gems which isn't bad as long as they slow down with the seasonals. For some reason I find it much harder to skip seasonals than Pokefairs.

Hope you had better luck Spider!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'm down to 36k gems which isn't bad as long as they slow down with the seasonals. For some reason I find it much harder to skip seasonals than Pokefairs.

Same, but it makes sense, the Pokefairs return much more often. I didn't bother rolling for N at all because he came in the middle of all kinds of other stuff.

No Serena here either. :(

LordSerperior

Same, but it makes sense, the Pokefairs return much more often. I didn't bother rolling for N at all because he came in the middle of all kinds of other stuff.

No Serena here either. :(
And with the dual Pokefairs they've started doing, I've lost more incentive for the original banners.

Hope you get her without wasting too many gems if you're still trying! Dawn is the better unit imo but Whimsicott is just so cute.

What do I care about some random Hoenn Ace Trainer girl and her baking issues?
I'll take that over the two locked story chapters which are probably going to ship "us" with Dawn/Serena.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Hope you get her without wasting too many gems if you're still trying! Dawn is the better unit imo but Whimsicott is just so cute.

I'm out of gems for now, so I'll have to wait until I get more, but yeah, I'll keep trying.
Meta-wise Serena seems to be the better of the two units, and she's an excellent partner for Majicos Shirona.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Those seasonals are hard to resist because aside the new ones from Christmas all had characters I wanted.

This Valentine's event was the worse. They gave like 2 of my favorites (Serena and Dawn)

Also, for the first time I refreshed stamina with gems. Only once in order to have enough to rank up. Managed to finish all the missions.

And man, those Valentines cutscenes are... Something. But I love it. Now I'm getting the appeal some see on their anime girls. They really know how to make them appealing haha

Hope you had better luck Spider!

Thanks.

I managed to get it after 5 multis. 4 more than I'd like but could have been worse so I'll count it as a blessing.

I still have 18k left (6 multis). Hopefully it'll be enough for Valentine Dawn. Since during the event time, I'll have the Battle Villa salary and all the login bonus so I may get at least one more multi but I'd like to make as few as possible since there's the OP anniversary pair coming up.

LordSerperior

I'm out of gems for now, so I'll have to wait until I get more, but yeah, I'll keep trying.
Meta-wise Serena seems to be the better of the two units, and she's an excellent partner for Majicos Shirona.
I think the fact that Dawn is the first Sp. Def debuffer makes her more unique. Serena definitely excels at her niche but she is more replaceable I guess. I forget SS Cynthia is a thing most days lol.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I tried going for P!Serena with 3000 gems.

I, uh, ironically ended up getting my first OG!Dawn.

...It works! Because I wanted her when she came out but she only drained my gems and fled with them.

Ugh, when is her Palpatine banner coming? It feels so disjointed to have P!Serena's but not hers yet.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I forget SS Cynthia is a thing most days lol.

Me too. Despite making effort to get her 'cause I like Cynthia, I barely use her.

With good strikers like her normal version, Sygna Red, Furbert, Gloria and Steven, I don't see much use for her. Also, as far as Dragon Strikers go, Iris does a good job.

Ugh, when is her Palpatine banner coming? It feels so disjointed to have P!Serena's but not hers yet.

Dawn comes on Monday alongside the new month

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Me too. Despite making effort to get her 'cause I like Cynthia, I barely use her.

With good strikers like her normal version, Sygna Red, Furbert, Gloria and Steven, I don't see much use for her. Also, as far as Dragon Strikers go, Iris does a good job.

???

She's an AOE Striker, and an extremely strong one at that. Absolutely not one to sleep on.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I dunno. I've used her a few time but I guess being 1/5 only brings you so far.

Her AoE is good but have the drawback of lowering stats. So it's hard fit her in a team rather than use more other strikers like her normal version who can spam her AoE without drawbacks.

LordSerperior

I skipped all the Sinnoh games because I was going through my don't like Pokemon anymore phase so I'm not very familiar with the characters in the first place. SS Cynthia was too close to the anniversary and so was just overshadowed by the SS Kanto trio.

Personally prefer using characters I actually like over meta so Clair and Lisia handle all my dragon stages and they've yet to let me down.