• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So what the hell do I do with these two Palentine treats. Most expensive 10 gems each I have ever worked for.

Most likely they'll be used to unlock something in the White Day event.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Team, good news: got Valentine Dawn with only one multi :cool:

Tried her on the last battle of Champion Stadium. She isn't that bad but I feel Serena is better overall.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Kanto Master Mode feels easier than Jouto. Post your 7500 teams:

Shiba: Bel/Okido/New Year Lilie
Wataru: Shirona/Acerola/Furo
Kikuko: Serena/Melissa/Halloween Acerola
Kanna: Daigo/Fuyou/Majicos Green (with my freshly EXed Daigo, wanted to give him a test run)
Green: Viola/Anzu/Majicos Leaf

Pretty quick and easy.

LordSerperior

Kanto Master Mode feels easier than Jouto. Post your 7500 teams:

Shiba: Bel/Okido/New Year Lilie
Wataru: Shirona/Acerola/Furo
Kikuko: Serena/Melissa/Halloween Acerola
Kanna: Daigo/Fuyou/Majicos Green (with my freshly EXed Daigo, wanted to give him a test run)
Green: Viola/Anzu/Majicos Leaf

Pretty quick and easy.
I think I only did 3 1500 runs this time.

Bruno: SS Leaf, Jasmine, Brock
Lance: Koga, NY Lillie, Skyla
Blue: Lucy, SS Blue, Santerika

I'm curious who everyone has EX'ed so far and how you go about deciding who to EX? I personally go for my favorites while factoring in how good they look in their EX outfits. So far I have Rosa, Jasmine, Lisia and Wallace (and a 20/20 Kris). Working on Elesa now and Lance next (despite having both at 1/5 lol).

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
My EXes so far are Mei, Shirona, Mitsuru, Iris and Daigo. Working on Majicos Green at the moment. My choices are a bit of a mix of characters I like and characters that will be useful to have EXed.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My teams for this week were a mess. I had some issues with it though it was a bit less traumatic than last week.

Phone is charging but let me see if I can remember everyone:

Lorelei - N (1/5), Volkner (2/5 but ungridded at the time lol) and SS Blue (2/5)
Bruno - Caitlin (5/5), Sabrina (4/5) and Dawn, the anti-Bruno plan (5/5)
Agatha - Lyra (5/5), Morty (3/5 and EX) and NewYear!Lillie (2/5)
Lance - Brendan (5/5 EX), Skyla and SS Leaf
Blue - Red (5/5 EX), Serena (5/5) and Valentine Dawn (1/5)

I really tried making a fairy team work on Lance but eventually gave up. I was really satisfied with Brendan's damage output. He really did quick work against Lance, specially with Skyla ensuring quick speed buffs.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't have used two healers in the same team but that seemed a good idea at the time.

I was a bit dissapointed with Valetine!Dawn's performance. I didn't feel the debuffs on Sp.Def debuffs did that much difference.

I'm curious who everyone has EX'ed so far and how you go about deciding who to EX? I personally go for my favorites while factoring in how good they look in their EX outfits. So far I have Rosa, Jasmine, Lisia and Wallace (and a 20/20 Kris). Working on Elesa now and Lance next (despite having both at 1/5 lol).

I have a few. Going from memory:

Red, Brendan, May, Rosa, Gloria, Furbert, NY!Lillie, Wally, SS Grimsley and Morty. The later two I did exclusively because of CS.

Also, I have Serena 5/5 20/20 already and since her EX is out this month she'll be joining the team. Same goes for Skyla after her event ends.

As for right now, I'll keep the remaining tickets I have for the mysterious anniversary unit, should I get him/her

LordSerperior

I'm definitely getting the feeling I should EX a striker given how useful they are but I just don't like any of the ones we have so far (and the ones I like I can't take advantage of due to 1/5). I just find it hard putting resources into EX designs I don't like.

Here's hoping for good EX designs for Kris, Hilda and Summer Lyra!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Finally tried out the Champion’s Stadium and man I really hate Agatha now lol. Her and, to a lesser extent, Lance were harder than Blue. Was a fun experience using different Sync Pairs though. Now to aim for getting the other 9 Types in the HoF.

Also finally got Lillie! Found out that people keep their Gems for later meanwhile I’ve spent mine the minute I can do a mass pull. Going to try saving up for some character that catches my interest like Red, Gladion, or someone new.
I think I only did 3 1500 runs this time.

Bruno: SS Leaf, Jasmine, Brock
Lance: Koga, NY Lillie, Skyla
Blue: Lucy, SS Blue, Santerika

I only have Rosa. Working towards Volkner next

LordSerperior

Also finally got Lillie! Found out that people keep their Gems for later meanwhile I’ve spent mine the minute I can do a mass pull. Going to try saving up for some character that catches my interest like Red, Gladion, or someone new.
It is generally a better idea to save for seasonals and Pokefairs as they are limited and you can't get them outside their own banners. I do however make exceptions for characters I like every now and then.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Today's Champion Stadium went very... Smoothly. I'm impressed.

I mean, I've managed to win all battles in the first try! The only one I needed to reset was the final one against Blue where I used Blast Burn team (Serena, Red and PC w/Torchic) duo to missing the timing of hypnosis. And mostly because I was crazy enough to use Torchic lol And even then I only resetted once.

I'm even surprised with how... Manageable it was this time. Maybe it's because I got better or more clever with conditions but still...

I think it helps that this time nearly all weakness are from types I have EX pairings (Grass, Steel and Dark). Only with Bruno I used a non-EX striker (Cynthia) but then Cynthia's Earthquake does a good job on its own to destroy the side minions so it didn't make a difference.

My run on Lorelei surprised me since I used Brendan, Rosa and... Tech Venosaur. Yes, an egg mon. As a 3-star it managed to survive the sync move on like 1-health which helped a lot, specially as a sacrifice for the final opponents so Brendan could finish the job. After that one, I had to promote it to 5-stars. It's not as good for sleep chain as Serena but it can be helpful since one of its passives is Troublemaker 1 (which saves the need of wasting lucky skills).

Feels great knowing I humiliated Lorelei using an unevolved Treecko, an eggmon and Rosa, a free pairing.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Today's 1500 teams:

Shiba: Shirona/Acerola/Furo
Wataru: Daigo/Genji/Fuyou
Kikuko: Karin/Serena/Mei
Kanna: Viola/Anzu/Majicos Green
Green: Lychee/Ran/New Year Lilie

Some slightly different combinations today.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's so refreshing to see Lysandre not being into Legendary Giant Rocks or some ****.

Aaand it's rather unsettling the bonus Sync Pairs are Calem, Serena, and freakin' Clemont before getting either of the two options. It's almost invoking a cursed image.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
And I didn't even noticed there'd be bonus pairings this time. It was completly by accident when I checked the teams.

Also, they kind of played dirty since the only free pairs with a boost are Calem and Sycamore. Not even Siebold or Wikstrom? Even the PC was left behind despite counting on previous events.

Yeah I do have Serena and Clemont but it's still annoying.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And I didn't even noticed there'd be bonus pairings this time. It was completly by accident when I checked the teams.

Also, they kind of played dirty since the only free pairs with a boost are Calem and Sycamore. Not even Siebold or Wikstrom? Even the PC was left behind despite counting on previous events.

Not as atrocious as the baking event. Its only Fairy-type options are Mina and Valerie for accessible options, but the other three aren't enough either.

LordSerperior

Same! Given the previous legendary events, I spent all my stamina on the first day with a random team before realizing there were boosted sync pairs. And I agree, the choices were really limited, they make for a terrible team until you get Sycamore. They should have given it to all Kalos pairs.

And once again I forgot to check the prize box rewards and gave Sycamore my co-op orbs so now I'll have 200 unused orbs at all time.