• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
33 pulls on the Serena banner
22 pulls on the Hikari banner
ONE *5 total from all these pulls, and it was not a featured spotlight.

It hurts.

LordSerperior

I'm finally close to getting my first 5* support candy and confused about who to invest it on. Currently leaning towards Lillie but I'd love to get some more opinions.

1/5 SS Blue, he's obviously the best support in the game and fits on all teams. I think he gets access to his trainer move MPR and some healing at 2/5 so it's useful but at the same time he's my least favorite in terms of design and he's already pretty good as is.

1/5 Rosanta, she's my tank for hail teams and gains access to Ice Shell at 2/5 but then I only really use the hail team for ice weak stages and she doesn't see too much use.

1/5 Lillie, really needs those Master Healer and MGR to sustain herself for longer battles. At the moment I occasionally use her for the champion stadium and haven't tried her anywhere else really. Also my favorite of the three in terms of design.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'm finally close to getting my first 5* support candy and confused about who to invest it on. Currently leaning towards Lillie but I'd love to get some more opinions.

Don't use it on a non-limited character like Lilie. These things are super rare, they should be saved for characters that are nearly impossible to level up by normal means. As far as Supports go, this is Mei, Christmas Mei, Christmas Erika and New Year's Lilie (Majicos Green is likely to recieve a number of reruns).

If you already have 2/5 Mei, I wouldn't waste it on her. She has some nice 3/5 nodes (Speeding Sun, a second X Sp. Attack MP refresh, On The Ropes 3), but none of them are real game changers for her, and she works perfectly fine at 2/5.

2/5 Christmas Mei gives her extra hail nodes with Ice Shell and Hasty Hail, making her an actually very solid hail tank (her initial hail passsives aren't all that). Summer Daigo has a hasty Hail node too, so the value of this upgrade depends a bit on whether you already use him with that. 3/5 Christmas Mei is really good though.

As for Majicos Green, the only thing he gets at 2/5 that's even remotely worthy of note is MP Refresh To The Top. He's not worth your candy at all. The 3/5 upgrade is really good though.

If you don't have any of the other supports, Christmas Mei is the best 2/5 upgrade you can get, in addition to a step on the way to 3/5. You can also just save it until you get another potential candidate, or a second candy. I still haven't used my *5 Tech candy.

Though if your regular Mei is still 1/5, by all means use it on her. She REALLY wants 2/5 and MP refresh on her gauge move.

LordSerperior

Don't use it on a non-limited character like Lilie. These things are super rare, they should be saved for characters that are nearly impossible to level up by normal means. As far as Supports go, this is Mei, Christmas Mei, Christmas Erika and New Year's Lilie (Majicos Green is likely to recieve a number of reruns).

If you already have 2/5 Mei, I wouldn't waste it on her. She has some nice 3/5 nodes (Speeding Sun, a second X Sp. Attack MP refresh, On The Ropes 3), but none of them are real game changers for her, and she works perfectly fine at 2/5.

2/5 Christmas Mei gives her extra hail nodes with Ice Shell and Hasty Hail, making her an actually very solid hail tank (her initial hail passsives aren't all that). Summer Daigo has a hasty Hail node too, so the value of this upgrade depends a bit on whether you already use him with that. 3/5 Christmas Mei is really good though.

As for Majicos Green, the only thing he gets at 2/5 that's even remotely worthy of note is MP Refresh To The Top. He's not worth your candy at all. The 3/5 upgrade is really good though.

If you don't have any of the other supports, Christmas Mei is the best 2/5 upgrade you can get, in addition to a step on the way to 3/5. You can also just save it until you get another potential candidate, or a second candy. I still haven't used my *5 Tech candy.

Though if your regular Mei is still 1/5, by all means use it on her. She REALLY wants 2/5 and MP refresh on her gauge move.
Oh wait, I think I forgot to add the NY, I meant NY Lillie.

Yeah I wasn't sold on SS Blue much anyway. It is mostly between a 2/5 Rosanta or 2/5 NY Lillie. I have both 2/5 Rosa and 2/5 Santerika and they both are fine at 2/5.

I just don't think saving is worth it personally. I'd rather use them immediately to get some use out of characters I like instead of hoping for a future character.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Oh wait, I think I forgot to add the NY, I meant NY Lillie.

New Year's Lilie gets MP refreshes on her non-attack moves from the getgo. At 3/5 she gets Master Healer and a very generous MP Refresh on Leech Life for some really solid healing, but just like Majicos Green, at 2/5 she just doesn't improve much from 1/5. 30% chance of MP refresh on basic Leech Life and 30% chance for a +1 Def buff when she, an evasion tank, takes damage isn't really worth such a rare candy. A lot of the more recent units need 3/5 to access the actually relevant parts of their grid.

I'd consider Christmas Erika, though. At 3/5 she gets Shared Fortune 2 on Lei Up, which is a very nice upgrade for it, plus a really nice for a tank 40% chance at a +1 Sp Def buff when she takes damage. It's a much better upgrade than the others can get.

LordSerperior

New Year's Lilie gets MP refreshes on her non-attack moves from the getgo. At 3/5 she gets Master Healer and a very generous MP Refresh on Leech Life for some really solid healing, but just like Majicos Green, at 2/5 she just doesn't improve much from 1/5. 30% chance of MP refresh on basic Leech Life and 30% chance for a +1 Def buff when she, an evasion tank, takes damage isn't really worth such a rare candy. A lot of the more recent units need 3/5 to access the actually relevant parts of their grid.

I'd consider Christmas Erika, though. At 3/5 she gets Shared Fortune 2 on Lei Up, which is a very nice upgrade for it, plus a really nice for a tank 40% chance at a +1 Sp Def buff when she takes damage. It's a much better upgrade than the others can get.
Shared Fortune isn't worth it I think. The buffs are random, it costs 12 energy and is too far from the other tiles. Tighten Up is good for tanking but even without it Erika can keep herself and the entire team alive without any problems. I usually pair her with Leaf for the buffs.

I'm also trying to take into account how they'll rerun. I have both Christmas Rosa/Siebold and NY Lillie/Lance so if they rerun in dual banners, I probably won't pull on either. Rosanta gets Ice Shell and Hasty Hail but is limited to use on hail teams mostly. Lillie only unlocks one MGR on Leech Life at 2/5 but can fit on more teams and I would eventually like to get her to 3/5 for Master Healer.

Have to get that coin from Xerneas event to finally get that candy so I do have a bit more time to decide. Will use both and figure out who I need more urgently.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm also torn between using it on SS Blue and NY Lillie.

I think Blue would benefit from the extra healing nodes AND impervious but at the same time I don't like him that much and I think NY Lillie is quite good.

A part of me wishes to use it on Free!Rosa because I like her.

Never considered using it on Rosanta though.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
3/5 Christmas Mei, 3/5 Summer Daigo and 3/5 Prim make a really powerful hail team. I'm not regretting investing my candies in them.

LordSerperior

I'm also torn between using it on SS Blue and NY Lillie.

I think Blue would benefit from the extra healing nodes AND impervious but at the same time I don't like him that much and I think NY Lillie is quite good.

A part of me wishes to use it on Free!Rosa because I like her.

Never considered using it on Rosanta though.
Rosanta is only worth it if you use hail team. Like Dephender said, Summer Steven, Glacia and Rosanta are a pretty solid team. Even with Rosanta at 1/5 it sort of works okay but the actual hail tiles unlock at 2/5 and without them she's not the best tank.

Lillie really needs 3/5 to get most of the good stuff. I don't intend on pulling on her eventual rerun so I'd have to give her candies eventually. Was and still kinda am leaning more towards Lillie but Dephender has made me consider Rosanta more lol.

Rosa is an interesting choice. I don't think she really gets anything important at 3/5?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Rosa is an interesting choice. I don't think she really gets anything important at 3/5?

As I said, she gets Speeding Sun, a second X Sp. Attack MP Refresh node and On The Ropes 3. Nothing super amazing, but it makes her a potential sun supporter, which isn't the worst upgrade she can get.
But tbh New Year's Lilie is a better gauge refresh tank than her.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Beat Champion’s Cup for this week. I really wish I had Cynthia because the Ground Type pairs I have are so underwhelming. Ended up using the new Legendary Sync Pairs and they did not disappoint. Hardest fight was probably Bruno since he’s the only one that took 2 tries.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Bertha is most likely going to be a support and the one alternative to Acerola as a Sand setter with MP refresh. Depending how tanky she is and if she has healing, she will work great with Kukui and Cynthia/Olivia

Rosanta is only worth it if you use hail team. Like Dephender said, Summer Steven, Glacia and Rosanta are a pretty solid team. Even with Rosanta at 1/5 it sort of works okay but the actual hail tiles unlock at 2/5 and without them she's not the best tank.

Lillie really needs 3/5 to get most of the good stuff. I don't intend on pulling on her eventual rerun so I'd have to give her candies eventually. Was and still kinda am leaning more towards Lillie but Dephender has made me consider Rosanta more lol.

My Summer Steven is 1/5 so it's not like he will be making huge waves. Tried him once in CS and he was lackluster. Lack of EX also helps. This perspective might change once his EX is released and maybe I'll luck getting him again but as for right now, he is kind low on my priority list. Consequently, using on Rosanta doesn't look that enticing.

I'm saving the 2 striker candy I have (one from Cyrus' event and the other from gathering coins) right now. May consider using them in the mysterious pairing. Or depending on how things turn out, I might give those to Furbert and Alder which I have 2/5.

So as for right now, after getting the candy, I'll wait the next datamine to see if SS Blue will return or not. Really leaning more towards him if I'm being honest.