• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Mine died to Hyper Beam, but Cresselia is pretty much dead at the point it fires it off, so it didn't get the chance to do anything else before the rest of my team finished it off. It's not really that big a deal.

Also, actually got that bugger Dande in my fifth 11 pull on his banner. I don't really care about him that much, but it's something. Guess I'll go into save mode for a while now.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

I don't think I ever saw Hyper Beam. I no longer remember how exactly it went but I think Cresselia only used Icy Wind on the last bar before dying to Karen's Dark Pulse.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That's the other thing. Xerneas was pretty much alone and got creamed by Hyper Beam. Bringing another team then is suicide because Cresselia will have another sure-hit Hyper Beam the moment the battle restarts.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, you could use a pair that has that passive that let's the pair survive a one-hit KO attack like Pikachu. On its grid specifically, there's even a node that allows that capability to refresh, so it can survive again.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, you could use a pair that has that passive that let's the pair survive a one-hit KO attack like Pikachu. On its grid specifically, there's even a node that allows that capability to refresh, so it can survive again.
Tried that. Didn't mean much if Pikachu would die in two hits. It also doesn't matter when Cresselia tries to kill everyone with Icy Wind.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Bloody hell. I actually got me a Gloria in a single 100 paid gem pull. Crickey!

And a second Dawn let me down on Marnie's banner.
I think with his trainer move Marlon can survive two hits so you get three turns to set up the rest of your team. Also I thought Cresselia only used Icy Wind once.
I was there. Under 50% of bar 3 during a rematch, it still used it after Hyper Beam.

LordSerperior

Bloody hell. I actually got me a Gloria in a single 100 paid gem pull. Crickey!

And a second Dawn let me down on Marnie's banner.

I was there. Under 50% of bar 3 during a rematch, it still used it after Hyper Beam.
Oh Icy Wind would suck. Who are you using for damage? Also I think Brycen can Endure two moves with his trainer move as well and he can debuff Cresselia so he's probably better than Marlon. You can use Roxanne's Wide Guard to avoid Icy Wind and she can also buff Sp. Attack and Speed which are useful.

If you have Wallace, you can try to trap and stall and maybe even reflect a Hyper Beam with Mirror Coat? Viola with Pokey Trap from her grid might also work. I'm assuming you're on your second team, so once you trap Cresselia you can try just stalling with a whole bunch of Endurance teams. I think you can use a max of 4 teams for the medal so you'd have two more.

Last edited:

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Finally got MM for Johto CS. If I'd known it was so easy, I would've done it a long time ago.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Jesus, a Platane/Serena team can destroy every single villa hall with ease without using any trainer moves, you can destroy the entire villa by just running a healer of some sort in the third position to keep Serena's HP up. It's ridiculous.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So I assume you were using a Serena striker build?

Either way, I replaced Red with Leon for this run and I'm fairly satisfied. Even if he is just 1/5, I felt he performs better than Red since MP Rekindle is more relieable and you don't need to reset unless something goes really wrong. Might use the candies on him just to fully unlock his grid

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So I assume you were using a Serena striker build?

No, she's 1/5 so I'm not using ANY build. You don't even have to build her for damage to be able to just pick off everything with ease using her and Platane's strongest moves while Platane keeps himself at max HP at all times with Horn Leech. The only backup needed is someone to heal the damage Serena occassionally takes from aoe moves and the occasional sync.

A 3/5 Serena would actually be overkill, that's how powerful this combo is.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

So we're getting Easter seasonals and so soon after Iris. That's just way too many limited pairs so close together. Hoping it's no one I like so I can skip in peace.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Calling it here:

I'm confident the alola pairings will be the protagonists. Either one of them or both. Hopefully the later.

Still, people on Discord reminded me that Kiawe and Lana aren't on the game yet so it might be one of them or both. There's Illima as well. Even better if it's them so I can skip their banners and save my gems.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Someone mentioned it on the subreddit, but there's a chance one of the new Alola pairs will be Hala so he and Hau can use that datamined "Melemele Family Strike" theme skill.

Not that it matters to me. Unless they drop Necrozma as a pokefair, I'm safe dumping everything I have for Champion Iris.

LordSerperior

Calling it here:

I'm confident the alola pairings will be the protagonists. Either one of them or both. Hopefully the later.

Still, people on Discord reminded me that Kiawe and Lana aren't on the game yet so it might be one of them or both. There's Illima as well. Even better if it's them so I can skip their banners and save my gems.
Yeah they seem like the most likely to me. Though I am somewhat suspecting Hala as well as apparently there is a family theme skill for Hala and Hau in the game's files. If it ends up being the protagonist than it better be SM Moon with Decidueye or it's a pass for me.

For the seasonals I would've liked it to be Kalos/Sinnoh pairs as those are the easiest to skip but we got those for Valentines so I'm not sure. Though I'm getting the terrible feeling that at least one of them will be a Hoenn character.

I'm still probably pulling on Iris but I'll restrict myself to not go below pity gems until the datamine. Hoping I'll get everything in one multi so it won't come to that.