• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
The gods of gacha finally decided to give me a banner's character and so I got E!Burgh alongside my first Lyra and a second OG!Blue. Going after E!May was discouraged because I had already gotten all the extra coins and decided that it'd be at least more useful to go after E!Burgh because I'd still get a coin.

That being said, after Leon drained me out of all the large stash of gems I had and the bastard fled away in the wrong direction, I still need this game to compensate me on luck.

Now what's so broken about this Togepi that can't evolve.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
He has a one bar move that draws any of 4 moves that have 3 bars.

Basically, with metronome, you get Blizzard - which costs 3 bars - for the price of one.

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
He has a one bar move that draws any of 4 moves that have 3 bars.

Basically, with metronome, you get Blizzard - which costs 3 bars - for the price of one.
So, like, it can only cast those high-tier attacks?

LordSerperior

I wouldn't call it broken but he is insanely fun to use. Without considering Metronome, he's still a great support with crit, accuracy and defense buffs with a chance for attack buffs. Also potions and a 1 bar move to spam. This alone makes it a top tier versatile support that can pretty much fit any team even at 1/5.

Now adding to that, Metronome has never been this good anywhere else I believe. I believe the metronome pool in this game has 19 moves, a 3 bar move of each type + Fissure. So unlike the main series, the worst thing that could happen is missing a move which is whatever since Togepi isn't going to be the main damage dealer anyway and it buffs accuracy anyway. I don't think I've seen how Fissure works in this game yet but if it's an OHKO then that makes Togepi even better. Also if you're lucky to get a super effective move, you heal some of your HP (your entire team with a 2/5 grid I think).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Sooo.... After burning my tickets to EX Bunny!May, I'm only 17/20 into EXing Eevee. Even after exchanging my tickets (power ups and the ones from champion stadium) :(

Well, I keep doing dailies and depending on the outcome resort to a few guaranteeds 5-star scouts by the time the Villa returns.

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
Didn't like the fact that there were less rewards this week but also loved being able to use Hapu and Shauntal again.
Oh, poor Hapu. She sucks so much, unless she's reduced to Mud Slap bot.

LordSerperior

Oh, poor Hapu. She sucks so much, unless she's reduced to Mud Slap bot.
Lol that is exactly how I used her, Mud Slap to lower accuracy and help SS Elesa's evasion. Even at 5* paired with top tier supports, I barely manage to beat full force battles with her. It's sad.

Hopefully now that we're done with all the gacha 5* grids, they can get back to finishing the story grids and then the other 3/4*s.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You all speaking of Hapu and I just realized that according to the datamine

She and Nanu will be the only ones besides the protagonist to give a bonus for the Elio/Selene event besides the new duo and Mallow. Since I don't have Mallow, rough days ahead for me. Good thing this one is the travel tokens type so it'll be more manageable

LordSerperior

Wow Fissure is OHKO like the main games. It works fine as one of the moves you can get with metronome but imagine a unit with that as a normal move. I would not want to see that lol.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
I can't believe this team's entire reason for existing was because Lear was mean to them, which unfortunately was unable to create a team leader.

Had Lear had a best friend that he abused and had connections, maybe things would have been more interesting, but...in the end, Team Break only had goons to make Lear regrow a heart.

LordSerperior

I can't believe this team's entire reason for existing was because Lear was mean to them, which unfortunately was unable to create a team leader.

Had Lear had a best friend that he abused and had connections, maybe things would have been more interesting, but...in the end, Team Break only had goons to make Lear regrow a heart.
Agreed, I think Lear's arc had a good setup that would've been much better with a more personal conflict. I expected more because I really liked the chapters with Cheren (who along with Bianca still remains the best developed rival in a Pokemon game).

I understand not wanting to create new characters for Team Break as that would have inevitably made people want to play as those characters but they should've made an exception for the leader. These chapters have also somewhat lowered my expectations from the Paulo's story as I did like what they did with him whenever he last appeared lol. But now I'm not sure if they'll be able to make it satisfying.

Also when can we finally have Rachel join our team?

In unrelated news, Spring May is way better than I initially thought she'd be. She pretty much two shot all the villa bosses. Seeing Bewear go down in two HJKs was insane. I mean I don't think I have ever managed that with Wally even when Sawyer is Hall 10. Maybe it's weaker to physical moves but I'm really liking May.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Speaking of Villa, my run was a lot smoother with EX gridded Leaf.

Staggering 2 is really hand. There were some times, where I missed Hypnosis timing and the Eevee flinched the mon. Also, Tackle seemed like it made more damage than Gust ever did.

Using Leon's MP Rekindle, made me finish without using MP refreshes. Having Recuperation on Leaf even spared me from using Potions. Just the 40% food thingie we get every 5 stages did the trick.

In my opinion, normal Leaf is worth the effort EXing.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
New story chapter is out.

No, it's not getting better. Can we get the writers for N's and Iris' events on the main story please?

Edit: Wait, at least we're done with Team Break in the main story at least, so there's one good thing.

This is the first time in the series where we have a main antagonist. (Lear) Basically become the boss of a pretty leaderless, bad guy team that is pretty unrelated to him outside of being collateral damage.

I like this.