• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I always feel a bit strange when I see the Gym Leaders with fully evolved Pokemon and there's Brock's Onix. They could've just retcon him and give him Golem as his Ace or even Kabutops.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Koga's Ace Pokemon

RGB: Weezing
Y: Venomoth
GSC: Crobat
FRLG: Weezing
HGSS: Crobat
LGPE: Venomoth

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I always feel a bit strange when I see the Gym Leaders with fully evolved Pokemon and there's Brock's Onix. They could've just retcon him and give him Golem as his Ace or even Kabutops.
Or sundowoodo (Uskkio)

shoz999

Brock's Onix is kind of in a tight spot. If it evolves into Steelix, it isn't a rock-type anymore and Jasmine already has Steelix as her signature Pokemon. Although I suppose they can change it to Golem or a fossil Pokemon since Brock is the first Gym Leader to utilize Fossil Pokemon.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Or sundowoodo (Uskkio)
It would be strange to give him a Gen 2 ace (I know Erika sometimes is shown with Bellossom and Koga with Crobat).
When you think of it they could've given Brock the fossil Pokemon opposite to yours (e.g. if you take the Helix Fossil he would have Kabuto and the other way around) so we would see the other fossil Pokemon in a gym battle instead of a Safari-zone like Zoo. They could've corrected it back in FRLG.

Another missed opportunity was Lt. Surge Ace in LGPE as they could've given him Raichu for LGP and Jolteon for LGE to always have him with your Starter's evolved form. Heck, he could even give you a Thunder Stone once defeated which most people would use on the Starter and drop their Happiness level which would be a nice sub-quest to built it back Instead in LGE we have both Lt. Surge and Trace with Raichu.

Who do people expect to be Grant's Partner in Masters as both Tyrunt and Amaura were at the same level in X/Y?

shoz999

It would be strange to give him a Gen 2 ace (I know Erika sometimes is shown with Bellossom and Koga with Crobat).
When you think of it they could've given Brock the fossil Pokemon opposite to yours (e.g. if you take the Helix Fossil he would have Kabuto and the other way around) so we would see the other fossil Pokemon in a gym battle instead of a Safari-zone like Zoo. They could've corrected it back in FRLG.

Another missed opportunity was Lt. Surge Ace in LGPE as they could've given him Raichu for LGP and Jolteon for LGE to always have him with your Starter's evolved form. Heck, he could even give you a Thunder Stone once defeated which most people would use on the Starter and drop their Happiness level which would be a nice sub-quest to built it back Instead in LGE we have both Lt. Surge and Trace with Raichu.

Who do people expect to be Grant's Partner in Masters as both Tyrunt and Amaura were at the same level in X/Y?
Bellossom and Crobat are acceptable though because they evolve from a Gen 1 evolution line, Sudowoodo does not so I can't see him being Brock's ace at all. As for Grant, oh man that is a very hard one because he has two ace Pokemon, Aurorus and Tyrantrum that stand on equal ground. Like there's nothing that really says one stands above the other.

Redstar45

I have no ideas....hey what Pokemon will joim anime or manga characters if they do show up later ? ...satoshi probably Gekkouga ?
Special red will have his fushbane or something like that ?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Bellossom and Crobat are acceptable though because they evolve from a Gen 1 evolution line, Sudowoodo does not so I can't see him being Brock's ace at all. As for Grant, oh man that is a very hard one because he has two ace Pokemon, Aurorus and Tyrantrum that stand on equal ground.

The only edge Tyrunt has it that Grant uses him in the Anime.

Here is my list of strange choices for current know Trainer-Pokemon duos:
Barry/Piplup - it matches the anime but does it mean Dawn will have Turtwig and Lucas Chimchar? I would prefer him with Chimchar as Piplup suits Dawn most of the Sinnoh Starters
Blue/Pidgeot - (Mega)Charizard/Blastoise/Tyranitar or even Exeggutor would match him better. Also possible double with Falkner and maybe Trace.
Brendan/Treecko - possibly a nod to both Origins and ORAS promo video. May might still end up with Torchick (as a rival) just wondering who will get Swampert (maybe Tucker?)
Caitlin/Reuniclus
- wasn't Gothitelle her ace both in Games and anime?
Grimsley/Liepard - Bisharp or Krookodile would be so much better. Maybe a Shadow Triad member will have Bisharp instead
Iris/Haxorus - the pair makes sense it's just strange that Iris is not in her Champion self here. Also does it mean Druddigon for Dryden?
Red/(Mega)Charizard - Pikachu or (Mega) Venusaur would make more sense.
Thorton/Bronzong - does it mean Lucian/Gallade and Wally/Garderovoir?

Redstar45

Barry/Piplup - it matches the anime but does it mean Dawn will have Turtwig and Lucas Chimchar? I would prefer him with Chimchar as Piplup suits Dawn most of the Sinnoh Starters
Blue/Pidgeot - (Mega)Charizard/Blastoise/Tyranitar or even Exeggutor would match him better. Also possible double with Falkner and maybe Trace.
Brendan/Treecko - possibly a nod to both Origins and ORAS promo video. May might still end up with Torchick (as a rival) just wondering who will get Swampert (maybe Tucker?)
Caitlin/Reuniclus
Grimsley/Liepard - Bisharp or Krookodile would be so much better. Maybe a Shadow Triad member will have Bisharp instead
Iris/Haxorus - the pair makes sense it's just strange that Iris is not in her Champion self here. Also does it mean Druddigon for Dryden?
Why this matter as dena creation didn't really say that masters in canon with the games ?

shoz999

Caitlin/Reuniclus
Those are some pretty problematic issues in terms of how established signature Pokemon are handled. I think this can only go two ways. Either we are going to see more than one trainer have the same Pokemon or that DeNa will ditch some signature Pokemon established as canon in the games in favor of their own, for example I have a hunch they will ditch Falkner's Pidgeot in favor of a more popular Johto bird like Noctowl.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Those are some pretty problematic issues in terms of how established signature Pokemon are handled. I think this can only go two ways. Either we are going to see more than one trainer have the same Pokemon or that DeNa will ditch some signature Pokemon established as canon in the games in favor of their own, for example I have a hunch they will ditch Falkner's Pidgeot in favor of a more popular Johto bird like Noctowl.

That's true. Still, who should have the starters if not the Player Characters/Rivals?

Also, Pidgeot is not part of half of Blue's Teams. That's why Charizard/Blastoise or Exeggutor would work better. If he really will be a sort of final boss or close to it Pidgeot is not really that manacling, especially compared to Red's Mega Charizard.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Here are some "wishful thinking" Partner Pokemon of these confirmed characters

Hilbert - Tepig
Hilda - Oshawott
Calem - Chespin
Hau - Popplio

I'm so hyped that these main game protagonists that never had an anime appearances given an opportunity to appear in this game. The only missing out are the Sun and Moon player characters

Redstar45

That's true. Still, who should have the starters if not the Player Characters/Rivals?

Also, Pidgeot is not part of half of Blue's Teams. That's why Charizard/Blastoise or Exeggutor would work better. If he really will be a sort of final boss or close to it Pidgeot is not really that manacling, especially compared to Red's Mega Charizard.
Actually green had pidgot in poster back there in 96s ...i think ?
--edited notes--
It seem he chose pidgot first in most pocket monsters game so i could definitely see why gf and dena go for that ....

Last edited:

LusoTrainer

Retro Trainer
It was same in gen 3 or let go ?i can't remember

FireRed/LeafGreen follows Red/Green/Blue (Weezing).

Let's Go follows Yellow, which follows the anime (Venomoth).

As far as the change between RGB and GSC, my guess is that they'll put Weezing as his signature Pokémon instead of Crobat, since Erika has her Vileplume as opposed to Bellossom.

Besides, Venomoth is the signature Pokémon of Koga's daughter, as seen in GSC.

Green always had Pidgeot as his signature Pokémon. It was the Pokémon he first caught and stays in his team throughout his journey.

Last edited:

shoz999

FireRed/LeafGreen follows Red/Green/Blue (Weezing).

Let's Go follows Yellow, which follows the anime (Venomoth).

As far as the change between RGB and GSC, my guess is that they'll put Weezing as his signature Pokémon instead of Crobat, since Erika has her Vileplume as opposed to Bellossom.

Besides, Venomoth is the signature Pokémon of Koga's daughter, as seen in GSC.

Green always had Pidgeot as his signature Pokémon. It was the Pokémon he first caught and stays in his team throughout his journey.
Shouldn't disregard Yellow and Let's Go just because it follows the anime. Not only is Let's Go a recent remake that expands upon the Kanto lore somewhat but Red's team in GSC is modelled after the events of Pokemon Yellow which is full of gift Pokemon that Red's team has. Although I can still see Venomoth as Janine's signature Pokemon nevertheless while Koga gets Crobat or Weezing.

As for Pidgeot, still think that's an odd choice for it to be Green's signature Pokemon. It's not always consistently his strongest, never appeared in BW2 and although it does appear in the Battle Tree, it's never appeared in Green's team the first time you battle him. Based on this, there's actually quite a lot of evidence against the idea of Pidgeot being Green's signature Pokemon, not to mention that's usually thought of as Falkner's signature Pokemon. Even you have to admit, you who supports this decision by DeNa, that it's quite an odd choice.

Bahmo

For as colorful and expressive as this game's graphics are, does anyone else think the humans' upper-bodies look way too small compared to their legs and heads?

shoz999

For as colorful and expressive as this game's graphics are, does anyone else think the humans' upper-bodies look way too small compared to their legs and heads?
I thought something was a bit off about Rosa's design but I've only noticed it with Rosa.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
So its pretty obvious that Masters is taking the latest version of said character and using them for the game.

LPGE: The Gym Leaders, Giovanni and Archer.

HGSS: Ethan, gym leaders, Silver and the female rocket admin.

Crystal with... Cris

ORAS: Brendan, May, Gym Leaders and Wally.

No idea with Gen 4.

Gen 5 is an easy one with BW2's models and keeping Grimsly's look from the BW games

Finally we have the Alola cast and the surprise from the Aether Family. Judging by how the three are getting along to go to a new region together, Lillie's Z Powered form and everything I observed... they are taking the one from USUM. Due to how things ended for that family. (Being on rather good terms despite being distant.) I'm interested in the chemistry and what is going to happen.

shoz999

On a side note, I'm seeing a lot of people from other websites asking where is Green, N and Nate. To my surprise though, there's a fair amount of fans asking to please add Yellow, a character exclusive to the Pokemon Adventures manga. This game really has brought the attention to all kinds of Pokemon fans has it?

Bahmo

Time may have made her obscure, but otherwise I'd say Yellow has at least a bit better chance than some other characters in that series. She has the useful attributes of no game counterpart to confuse her with, and canonical abilities to power and heal her Pokemon.

That said, it would be interesting to see it incorporate other characters from there, and how much it would redesign them to distinguish them from their game counterparts.

Meanwhile, how about that Centra City? The band makes me think it's important, so who here thinks it will be the only city in the game?