• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Decent leaks.
Excited for all the Galar pairs. Raihan’s EX looks clean. Bea and Nessa look fun. I hate Ghetsis but at least it’s a free Ice pair that I desperately need. The old characters’ EXs are meh. Interested in the Magma/Aqua event. Yet another level increase is frustrating. Not excited for the time travels. Dumb that they have all these gacha Galar pairs and no freebies yet

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Tornadus was way easier than I expected from the description. Despite having a weird redundant team of Sycamore, Soring Burgh and Marnie, I stomped it with over half hp on Marnie and full hp on the others. Self cleanse activated way too much but Power Trip did a decent damage even without the paralysis.

I think I used a pair of New Year Lillie, Palentine Serena and Lord N. Crit buffs to fill what N is missing and a reliable paralysis user that will slow Tornadus down.

Easy level 3 boss.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The story is setting up Raihan meeting Sygna Brock because of the dex entry about Tyranitar and Duralodon being rivals. Kind weird since Tyranitar's so lame in this game (unlike the beast from the main ones)

===================

Anyway, did 3700 points doing the 3 battles (for first clear rewards). Is this good?

I used EX Gloria + Hilbert + Kukui (for defense drop)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Got Raihan but only after the time trials. My only other Galar pair was Gloria/Zacian so that’s good

LordSerperior

The story is setting up Raihan meeting Sygna Brock because of the dex entry about Tyranitar and Duralodon being rivals. Kind weird since Tyranitar's so lame in this game (unlike the beast from the main ones)

===================

Anyway, did 3700 points doing the 3 battles (for first clear rewards). Is this good?

I used EX Gloria + Hilbert + Kukui (for defense drop)
I haven't done the math myself but I've seen people say that it is possible to get all rewards without Raihan by beating the hardest stage every day. I think with that team you should be good. I think the upcoming missions will end

I managed to pull Raihan on my 3rd multi. I don't wanna do any more than three multis for Alder so I'm hoping I can get lucky with him as well. Bianca still evades me though and I increasingly want to go to pity for her but my gems and the constant stream of limited banners just don't allow it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh, so the Time Trial isn't competitive any longer, and there isn't a stupid higher multiplier for owning multiple copies of one Sync Pair. It is pretty silly only Raihan is a multiplier.

If the hardest stage can be done on S rank 3 times, anyone without Raihan can get all rewards in 15 days. We have 4 extra days on top to ensure whatever goof up is done in those 15 days is covered.

LordSerperior

Oh, so the Time Trial isn't competitive any longer, and there isn't a stupid higher multiplier for owning multiple copies of one Sync Pair. It is pretty silly only Raihan is a multiplier.

If the hardest stage can be done on S rank 3 times, anyone without Raihan can get all rewards in 15 days. We have 4 extra days on top to ensure whatever goof up is done in those 15 days is covered.
You're confusing it with the prestige event, which was the worst kind of event this game has ever had and I hope never returns.

The last time trial was with Nate and dupes did not increase the multiplier there. It did have multipliers for all flying types though but you needed at least one of Blue, Nate or Rosantato get all the rewards. They took away bonuses for the other steel types but made the rewards accessible for everyone so it's generally an improvement.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
>need to beat the hardest time trial in under 3:30 for the max amount of points, under 3:00 for the final medal
>beat it in 1:20 on my first try with my Touya/Daigo/Solgaleo team

Ok then

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
>need to beat the hardest time trial in under 3:30 for the max amount of points, under 3:00 for the final medal
>beat it in 1:20 on my first try with my Touya/Daigo/Solgaleo team

Ok then
Had no idea Solgaleo could be handy. It's been a long time since I used it for the last time.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And Raihan finally won against Leon! ...For about 2 minutes. Well, progress is progress.

Sorry to seem so stupid but... What are those spoilers/datamine everyone is talking about?
Unnanounced Sync Pairs and new expanded grids the game completely fails at hiding from hackers with every big update they release.

Why can't they do what Fire Emblem Heroes does with its updates, I'll never know.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Just a hunch but I think they are aware of the datamines but just don't care because it helps them either by creating hype or so they can keep a watch on what players are saying about upcoming content.

By the way, they did threw curveball with a surprise update back when Alder's banner had its first run.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, I know what datamining is.

But I wanted to know what they mined and everyone is talking about! :D

Ah, that's it? Should've said sooner

New pairs besides Raihan will be Bea, Nessa and Ghetis.

Bea is a striker. Nessa and Ghetis are techs. N's dad is a free unit.

There'll be a weather-related event featuring Magma's and Aqua's leaders.

The Cynthia and Lance event from way back will get a rerun. Alder's banner will return and there'll be a triple pokéfair feature with Lance, Steven and SS Cynthia. Some speculate Garchomp!Cynthia too but no confirmation

LordSerperior

I'm sure it's been done already but I cleared the battle villa with 1 team. I wanted a team that basically did not require resetting for MP refreshes because I can't bother spending that extra time on this awful mode. I know sleep chaining is also a strategy but I don't want to put in effort to learn that.

I picked Leaf, Holiday Erika and Spring Burgh for their passive healing. Surprisingly I cleared the whole thing without using any potions or Erika's regen/lei ups. In fact the only time I used a trainer move at all was Burgh's dire hit for the later boss halls. Erika can keep herself alive forever with a two bar move. Leaf's sync can help buff team defense and also heal with recuperation. Burgh is more rng dependant with his heal but you can always fall back on a potion if rng fails (which thankfully didn't happen to me). Burgh can also pull out unexpected SE moves or randomly burn/flinch/poison. Also after the first sync Leaf can spam Iron Tail for really good damage.

I was using Skyla before Burgh but because she doesn't have passive heals she was more reliant on potions and by extension MP refreshes. NY Lillie and Sycamore didn't fit due to 3 bar moves, my SS Blue is only 1/5 and I don't really like Clemont.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My EX Leon is only 1/5 but after putting him on level 135 he did great damage. For the first time ever, I finished the campaign without using any of the foods. Not even the ones to refresh MP.

EX Leaf with fully unlocked grid is insane.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'm sure it's been done already but I cleared the battle villa with 1 team. I wanted a team that basically did not require resetting for MP refreshes because I can't bother spending that extra time on this awful mode. I know sleep chaining is also a strategy but I don't want to put in effort to learn that.

I picked Leaf, Holiday Erika and Spring Burgh for their passive healing. Surprisingly I cleared the whole thing without using any potions or Erika's regen/lei ups. In fact the only time I used a trainer move at all was Burgh's dire hit for the later boss halls. Erika can keep herself alive forever with a two bar move. Leaf's sync can help buff team defense and also heal with recuperation. Burgh is more rng dependant with his heal but you can always fall back on a potion if rng fails (which thankfully didn't happen to me). Burgh can also pull out unexpected SE moves or randomly burn/flinch/poison. Also after the first sync Leaf can spam Iron Tail for really good damage.

I was using Skyla before Burgh but because she doesn't have passive heals she was more reliant on potions and by extension MP refreshes. NY Lillie and Sycamore didn't fit due to 3 bar moves, my SS Blue is only 1/5 and I don't really like Clemont.

Yeah, I did this last time with Leaf/Platane/Daigo. Any team made up of characters that can deal decent damage and recover their own HP without anything requiring MP can stomp the entire villa on its own now.

Daigo is really nice for this, he hits hards, has a very strong sync attack and recovers a ton of HP when he syncs.