• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I often forget how Olivia was labeled as a game breaker when the game first came out.

Because she screwed Blue's league's team something fierce. Kukui spamming Leer only added to the carnage while Sycamore kept enduring everything.

Anyway, new personal record is 6000 points. Someday, I'll get to 7500.

LordSerperior

I often forget how Olivia was labeled as a game breaker when the game first came out.

Because she screwed Blue's league's team something fierce. Kukui spamming Leer only added to the carnage while Sycamore kept enduring everything.

Anyway, new personal record is 6000 points. Someday, I'll get to 7500.
Olivia was way more busted before champion stadium was a thing and the focus of the game was co-op. It was pretty much impossible to do most of the EX stages (before they were nerfed) without her. Her quick buffs allowed her to start attacking faster and amped up meant she didn't run into gauge issues like rest. Also you weren't allowed to do co-op with 3 of your own teams and people would just leave the match if they saw you without Olivia (the Zinnia event co-op was hell).

Too bad I only pulled Olivia for the first time after co-op was already dead but I am glad we've left those days behind.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Olivia can see a return to glory once her EX is released and we get a tanky sand setter (still thinking it'll be Bertha and Hippowdon; maybe Gordie and Coalossal). With Kukui's Leer and high flinch change, a rock/sand team has a lot of potential.

Hunga

Is it just me or is Bea just really fun?! Giving her one attack and the rest is just buff.
Nessa is just fanservice really, we already got more water teams than I can count and we got mostly everything covered.
Would really like to see a bit more variation in the releases.
Why not release something like Melony which would tie in with the TCG in Japan at the moment AND you could exploid her for fanservice (she's thicc and I say that as a gay man)!
Make her a hail-setter that isn't bound to seasonal events and give her a support/tech set with Frosmoth.

At least I was happy we got the Alder scout and I could finally get him. Got no 5* on my first draw but three on my second!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is it just me or have these time trials all been about using Steel-types. I'm starting to go insane listening to Steven going "That's why I like you so much" x2 every fight.

You know, I thought that the introduction of Master Sync Pairs allowed new Sync Pairs to reuse existing Pokemon combinations, but apparently only Leon gets that treatment. Poor Bea has to use Sirfetch'd all because Bruno already called dibs on Machoke (...is she bonding with Maylene because she faces a similar iss-?)

Anyway, can't wait to see their story events. Hope they're common 5* Sync Pairs to get from other banners. Still waiting here to use gems on a seasonal banner.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
They are general pool so, yeah, you can get them later.

=============

The dailies gave me Burgh (ticket) and Bianca (4/5)... On Alder's and N's banners. That's kind of funny.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
At first I thought I was screwed because I thought I only had Raihan and Leon. Then I remembered I had Leon. And only much later, I remember, I still had Marnie too. My memory is getting worse and docs didn't find out any other reason besides stress lol

Anyway... This event was as barebones as May's introduction, wasn't it? I haven't unlocked the last story bit (the stamina I farmed and some "sacrifice" with the 10 stamina stage only brought me to 49 battles. Will finish later today).

But, it isn't like this event was anything worthy for me anyway. I'll be skipping Nessa and Bea anyway lol

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yeah, but I wanted a third Galar pair because you KNOW we'll just get more and more of these "have 3 Galar pairs on your team" misssions, and she's one of the few Galar characters I like.

I finally got Mikan though.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yeah, but I wanted a third Galar pair because you KNOW we'll just get more and more of these "have 3 Galar pairs on your team" misssions, and she's one of the few Galar characters I like.
Yeeeah, but then I realized those extra missions don't really give enough gems and they're not necessary to get the "big" rewards, so...

I could end up wasting my 25k gems all to get 200 gems. To me, if it happens, it happens. I so do not want to make it happen. Feels like bait.

(Not saying you're wrong or anything. I respect people liking certain Sync Pairs.)

LordSerperior

New dev letter today! Exciting stuff mostly.

I guess it implies that both Archie and Maxie will be gacha so no free ground types I guess. Maybe they can give Tabitha/Courtney with Camerupt for free?

Solgaleo grid next is lame! I want Giovanni!

More main story is always welcome, here's hoping we get Lear/Rachel/Sawyer after we beat them. They say the next story is going to be more serious so I hope it can be as good as some of the betted story events. I've seen speculations about it using Rainbow Rocket as the main villains which would be a good idea but not sure. I expect them to add some more original characters again as that allows them more freedom in terms of characterization. I'm not opposed to that but if they do I want them to be utilized better than Paulo who just exists for now. For all I know the next story focuses on him?

And finally the regional rotation thing that you can get new sync pairs from. These pairs are probably lower effort than the gacha ones as they seem to be reusing existing characters models without any changes. So I don't expect them to be too good but probably better than egg ones. Personally, I don't care about the meta so I love this because it makes collecting characters much easier. I still don't have Morty so getting him for free is great, even if it's a less viable version of him. It can also allow for adding the correct pairings for some characters (Bugsy and Scizor/Mina and Ribombee). The kinda negative thing here is going to be the focus on the regional theme skills, which might not be a problem until we get to Galar.

LordSerperior

The fact existing Sync Pairs can get their signature Pokemon back is a boon.

Though that means they'll have less chances to even get Sygna Suits...which this game has seemingly forgotten about after SS!Grimsley.
I don't expect anymore SS until at least the start of the second story arc. The SS have been kinda tied to the story and we only have two PML battles left (Lear and the SS Kanto trio) none of which feature new SS.

Speaking of which, they also keep alluding to the mysterious SS designer and I'm prepared for it to be a random beauty or something.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
A lot to unpack...

I really have no idea who is winning the most battles things. Wether it's Kyogre or Groudon. I think the later might have a better chance if it's a viable Sun setter (Lyra depends on syncing and Blaine has no refresh) since it'll make Red and Leon stronger but Kyogre might be an alternative to May.

As for the new BP things, it sounds fun. Hope the MCs get starters from those. I'd love Calem with Chespin and Elio or Masters!MC with Litten for example.