• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Good call. Steven is considered a very good unit. And very versatile.

Mine is still 1/5 but I'll probably try some multis on that banner by the time it's close to the final day.

LordSerperior

Steven is my only missing pokefair that I care about but I cannot bring myself to pull on the super pokefair. All featured units have 0.5% pull rate which is worse than the master fair. I guess it's still worth it if you want all 4 but I only want Steven and that just does not look like a good deal.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I really want Steven & Cynthia but I’d rather wait until a future event since I really want an upcoming pair and I need every Gem I can get.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Steven is my only missing pokefair that I care about but I cannot bring myself to pull on the super pokefair. All featured units have 0.5% pull rate which is worse than the master fair. I guess it's still worth it if you want all 4 but I only want Steven and that just does not look like a good deal.
I only pulled now because I consistently avoided getting new Sync Pairs added to the normal pool and a fair featuring 4 exclusive Sync Pairs was too good to pass up. So in case I got none of the focus Sync Pairs, the chances of getting new deals are high enough.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Haven't looked what's avaliable besides the four limited, but if stuff like Piers and the alolan protagonists are there, then I'd say it's kind of worthy a try that. At least for me. Still pissed I didn't get Selene lol

LordSerperior

Haven't looked what's avaliable besides the four limited, but if stuff like Piers and the alolan protagonists are there, then I'd say it's kind of worthy a try that. At least for me. Still pissed I didn't get Selene lol
The master fair is better for getting off-focus pairs. 11% vs 8% if I'm remembering right. And you also get rewards for the first few pulls.

Edit: So I went ahead and did the 5 multis for Maxie to get the rewards. Didn't get him but I did end up with Bianca, Lusamine and Elio and 3/5'd Lisia. I finally have Bianca so I'm very satisfied with the pulls. I still have 36k and I believe if there is nothing worth pulling next month, I should be close to 70k by the time the new summer seasonals are added.

Also got Morty from the BP shop and finally got to use the 4* support candies that had been collecting dust.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Got Bunny Haruka to 3/5 with the new *5 striker candy, she's really fun and has great synergy with Mitsuru for double striker shenanigans. Absolutely worth invensting in.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
End up using the "salary" from the grinding event and got Maxie in the second pull. I'm done with this banner aside dailies lol.

Also I increased Lusamine's level to 5/5 and got an extra Wallace (I think it's 5/5 too but I don't use him much)

Might try multis on Archie but only in the last day. Let's see if I'll get him with dailies.

LordSerperior

End up using the "salary" from the grinding event and got Maxie in the second pull. I'm done with this banner aside dailies lol.

Also I increased Lusamine's level to 5/5 and got an extra Wallace (I think it's 5/5 too but I don't use him much)

Might try multis on Archie but only in the last day. Let's see if I'll get him with dailies.
Loving your master fair luck! Wish I was that lucky especially since I needed a ground type. But so close to new summer seasonals, I can't risk any more gems. Anyway, Bianca was worth every gem!!!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Loving your master fair luck! Wish I was that lucky especially since I needed a ground type. But so close to new summer seasonals, I can't risk any more gems. Anyway, Bianca was worth every gem!!!
I can't complain about those as I think I got Leon on the third and only did 2 more for the items lol

By the way, I'm really glad you finally got your Bianca. Enjoy playing with her. Hopefully Cheren will get a grid or a variant so we can form a rival team once Hugh is added I'm looking forward doing it even if they don't have any synergy

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
By the way, I'm really glad you finally got your Bianca. Enjoy playing with her. Hopefully Cheren will get a grid or a variant so we can form a rival team once Hugh is added I'm looking forward doing it even if they don't have any synergy
Why wait for Hugh when you can just use N taps forehead

LordSerperior

For now I'm running her with Cheren and Hilda/Hilbert in incredibly dysfunctional teams to make up for her being left out of the main story Unova team up.

Can't wait to finally use Psychic terrain for the next CS and finally not have to worry about Giovanni/Caitlin/Tate being wiped out by the sync move.

I take it there's no Camerupt in the game and that's why Maxie uses a Mightyena instead?
Yes, I don't think I've seen Camerupt used by anyone. Hopefully Courtney gets one and is a relatively easy to obtain ground type soon!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think I've done Bianca's grid already but I have yet to use her. Does she tank well in Bruno's stages? Might try a team of Caitlin, Sabrina and Bianca next time there's Psychic weakness.

(Caitlin's EX is, much like Olivia, long overdue).

====================

The dailies gave me another Cynthia. Since I've candy'd her in the past, now she is 5/5. Yup, I'm done with her.

Then luck's run out and despite doing what I shouldn't and against even what I've said before - doing multis on Archie's banner - I end up mostly empty-handed (barely any 5-stars characters). Now, I'm down to 26k gems. Guess it's time to save again...

Why wait for Hugh when you can just use N taps forehead

I dunno, I just feel Hugh would fit better in said team.

LordSerperior

I think I've done Bianca's grid already but I have yet to use her. Does she tank well in Bruno's stages? Might try a team of Caitlin, Sabrina and Bianca next time there's Psychic weakness.

(Caitlin's EX is, much like Olivia, long overdue).
I didn't use her this week because I don't think we had a psychic stage but I'm not thinking of tanking with her. I want psychic terrain and then some stored power damage for the sides while I use the main striker for the center. I don't know how it'll work but that's the plan for now.

I've been actually trying her as main damage for now, since I use Marnie for power trip and she does good stored power damage.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That's a great question.

My take is that they figured Brendan would cheese the stages thus giving veterans less incentive to pull the new units.