• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
By the way, I'm really glad you finally got your Bianca. Enjoy playing with her. Hopefully Cheren will get a grid or a variant so we can form a rival team once Hugh is added I'm looking forward doing it even if they don't have any synergy
Why wait for Hugh when you can just use N taps forehead

AuraChannelerChris

"Tis an honor to be recognized."
I take it there's no Camerupt in the game and that's why Maxie uses a Mightyena instead?

LordSerperior

By the way, I'm really glad you finally got your Bianca. Enjoy playing with her. Hopefully Cheren will get a grid or a variant so we can form a rival team once Hugh is added I'm looking forward doing it even if they don't have any synergy
For now I'm running her with Cheren and Hilda/Hilbert in incredibly dysfunctional teams to make up for her being left out of the main story Unova team up.

Can't wait to finally use Psychic terrain for the next CS and finally not have to worry about Giovanni/Caitlin/Tate being wiped out by the sync move.

I take it there's no Camerupt in the game and that's why Maxie uses a Mightyena instead?
Yes, I don't think I've seen Camerupt used by anyone. Hopefully Courtney gets one and is a relatively easy to obtain ground type soon!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think I've done Bianca's grid already but I have yet to use her. Does she tank well in Bruno's stages? Might try a team of Caitlin, Sabrina and Bianca next time there's Psychic weakness.

(Caitlin's EX is, much like Olivia, long overdue).

====================

The dailies gave me another Cynthia. Since I've candy'd her in the past, now she is 5/5. Yup, I'm done with her.

Then luck's run out and despite doing what I shouldn't and against even what I've said before - doing multis on Archie's banner - I end up mostly empty-handed (barely any 5-stars characters). Now, I'm down to 26k gems. Guess it's time to save again...

Why wait for Hugh when you can just use N taps forehead

I dunno, I just feel Hugh would fit better in said team.

LordSerperior

I think I've done Bianca's grid already but I have yet to use her. Does she tank well in Bruno's stages? Might try a team of Caitlin, Sabrina and Bianca next time there's Psychic weakness.

(Caitlin's EX is, much like Olivia, long overdue).
I didn't use her this week because I don't think we had a psychic stage but I'm not thinking of tanking with her. I want psychic terrain and then some stored power damage for the sides while I use the main striker for the center. I don't know how it'll work but that's the plan for now.

I've been actually trying her as main damage for now, since I use Marnie for power trip and she does good stored power damage.

AuraChannelerChris

Why is Brendan not a bonus Sync Pair despite being prominent in the story event, but Flannery, Norman, and Wallace are bonus Sync Pairs despite not showing up in the story.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That's a great question.

My take is that they figured Brendan would cheese the stages thus giving veterans less incentive to pull the new units.

AuraChannelerChris

Ignition

Advocate for Froggy Chair Supremacy
I finally got Wallace and Brendan with the Hoenn guaranteed “event”. The only character I’m missing from there is Steven (and the seasonals but I don’t care about those)

LordSerperior

Not giving Brendan the bonus was a really strange decision but I love using May and Wallace together so I'm not complaining.

In other Bianca experimentation news, I've managed to beat the "full-force battle" by pairing Bianca (and SS Blue) with all available Psychic strikers.

Caitlin performed the best. She's kinda bulky and has 2 MGRs for Psychic which help maintain gauge.

Giovanni was a bit close because despite his good speed, the lack of MGR sometimes made me use Confusion. Can't wait for his grid.

Tate was a lot of fun. I have previously used him successfully but for some reason I haven't been as successful with him as I have with some of the other gridless units. He has a great trainer move and a good attack stat also the Zen Headbutt flinches can be really useful. This was the only battle where SS Blue survived to the end.

So my plan is to use Caitlin for the next Psychic CS but I am definitely at least trying Tate out.

Last edited:

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Took me like a hundred tries, but I finally completed the Hoenn mission with Brendan, May, and Drake. I liked this one a lot more than the Galar mission.

AuraChannelerChris

That useless 4* Support Candy that only Drake could use and waste it finally has a use for either Mismagius Morty or Raichu Lt. Surge, just to save people from using valuable tickets getting copies. I gor Morty simply because he seems to be a Ghost-type Skyla.

Shame these variations don't get their own Sync Pair Stories.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Man, I misread the Hoenn guaranteed banner thing and end up using free gems. I thought it was paid gems for this one.

But my calcs I should be back to over 30k by the end of the month but it still sucks. Must start paying more attention...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
In other Bianca experimentation news, I've managed to beat the "full-force battle" by pairing Bianca (and SS Blue) with all available Psychic strikers.

Caitlin performed the best. She's kinda bulky and has 2 MGRs for Psychic which help maintain gauge.

Bel/Okido/New Year Lilie is one of the stronger teams in the game, deals massive sync damage and can take quite a lot of hits. It's my go-to team for psychic-weak stages.

The Houen guaranteed *5 banner gave me my first Lutya, been wanting her for a while. Nice to have one of these banners not be paid-only for once.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

Man, I misread the Hoenn guaranteed banner thing and end up using free gems. I thought it was paid gems for this one.

But my calcs I should be back to over 30k by the end of the month but it still sucks. Must start paying more attention...
Ouch! Hope you got something good out of it.

Bel/Okido/New Year Lilie is one of the stronger teams in the game, deals massive sync damage and can take quite a lot of hits. It's my go-to team for psychic-weak stages.
Barring Calem, Oak is my least favourite psychic pair so if I can avoid using him, I do.

The extreme battles are really hard. I took Maxie down fairly easily with May, Wallace and Roxanne but Archie was pretty much impossible. Eventually beat him with a team of May, Brendan and Roxanne. Had to max out all of May and Brendan's shared theme skills and Wide Guard against the second Earthquake to keep Brendan alive.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I'm not sure whether or not I like these new battles or not. On one hand, challenges based on making teams around the region theme skills are good, but on the other hand SS Blue and Sycamore getting two shot is really dumb.

Hunga

I'm not sure whether or not I like these new battles or not. On one hand, challenges based on making teams around the region theme skills are good, but on the other hand SS Blue and Sycamore getting two shot is really dumb.
Yeah! Agree on that one!

You're so forced getting the darn characters rather than show a bit of skill.
And when the weather ends, their weather returns for 1-shots. Such BS.

LordSerperior

The fact that Roxanne tanked Kyogre's Water Pulse better than a Sp.Def boosted Erika behind a Light Screen is incredibly funny. The Hoenn boost is nice but they went way too hard on it. Even if you don't tank with the non-Hoenn pairs, the aoe attacks kill them.

Also I was under the impression Lisia can remove weather but apparently not? I think she can remove terrain? So I assumed it would work on both.

Anyway I can now consistently beat Archie. I can share my detailed strategy if anyone needs help (needs 3/5 May and Brendan though). Once I'm done with his battles I'll try Maxie again.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I just finished off Archie and I feel a little better about this challenge. Next time they have a theme challenge DENA should give a couple of the 3 and 4 stars their sync grids.