• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The only Houen Water unit I have is a 1/5 Mikuri. Managed to beat the easier of the two Matsubusa battles with him, bit scared of the harder one.

AuraChannelerChris

Disappearing isn't that bad, actually.
Screw it, these challenges are for masochists who didn't bother getting Archier or Maxie. I barely made it with May, Drake, and Roxanne against Super Hard Maxie, but I don't have Brendan to do Archie.

...And screw that "Electric" weakness. Not a single current Hoenn Sync Pair has Electric-types. Wattson isn't here to take advantage of the big boost.

(Speaking of which, I 5*'d Hau because Discharge spam is fun.)

AuraChannelerChris

Kyogre has Thunder. Guess what they're implying.
That Wattson is irrelevant.

Or...

fetchimage

Seriously, though, this is way sillier just because no other Hoenn Sync Pair can use Electric-type moves.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I had no issues with Archie. I used Maxie, Brendan and Drake. The later proved the MVP. Those Def buffs and gauge filling were quite helpful.

Maxie on another hand was a pain. Took several tries.

Luckily, a great guy on Reddit shared a strat showing you can clear it with May (mudkip unevolved), Wallace and... Lyra (yes, a non-boosted unit).

It goes kind of like this: have Lyra use trainer move while Wallace uses Whirpool and May does something (I use trainer move for gauge increase) then Lyra use Light Screen and May uses Rain Dance.

That allows Lyra to survive enough to distribute more buffs and Light screen. I suggest having Lyra use trainer move when the Sidezards use Sunny Day before May calls the rain again

Wallace is the main target but using the recuperation nodes on his grid allows him to survive long enough to kill Groudon. I just suggest that immediately after Wallace kills Kyogre with the second thing, make sure to use his trainer move so the sidezards won't screw you with burn status (happened to me a few times. I lost finished the runs earlier because of that)

Keep in mind I haven't evolved Mudkip and Wallace is 0/20

So... Swampert and EX Wallace should make it even more manageable. The Reddit has even more strategy options there and even using regular gacha pairings like Roxanne and Lisa.

I'd say that's the bright side of the event. Making those underdogs be useful for once. I mean, I pretty much levelled Drake up just for those events lol

AuraChannelerChris

I had no issues with Archie. I used Maxie, Brendan and Drake. The later proved the MVP. Those Def buffs and gauge filling were quite helpful.

Maxie on another hand was a pain. Took several tries.

Luckily, a great guy on Reddit shared a strat showing you can clear it with May (mudkip unevolved), Wallace and... Lyra (yes, a non-boosted unit).

It goes kind of like this: have Lyra use trainer move while Wallace uses Whirpool and May does something (I use trainer move for gauge increase) then Lyra use Light Screen and May uses Rain Dance.

That allows Lyra to survive enough to distribute more buffs and Light screen. I suggest having Lyra use trainer move when the Sidezards use Sunny Day before May calls the rain again

Wallace is the main target but using the recuperation nodes on his grid allows him to survive long enough to kill Groudon. I just suggest that immediately after Wallace kills Kyogre with the second thing, make sure to use his trainer move so the sidezards won't screw you with burn status (happened to me a few times. I lost finished the runs earlier because of that)

Keep in mind I haven't evolved Mudkip and Wallace is 0/20

So... Swampert and EX Wallace should make it even more manageable. The Reddit has even more strategy options there and even using regular gacha pairings like Roxanne and Lisa.

I'd say that's the bright side of the event. Making those underdogs be useful for once. I mean, I pretty much levelled Drake up just for those events lol
I'm going to guess all these steps are just for the Super Hard versions.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Beat the hard Kyogre stage with Yuki/Genji/Bunny Haruka. It's not really that hard as long as you have Yuki on at least 3/5, which chances are you do since he's a day 1 unit. Just grid him with the nodes that increase his damage when his speed is buffed and pair him with a speed buffer and you should be able to take out Kyogre before it syncs.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

The Reddit has even more strategy options there and even using regular gacha pairings like Roxanne and Lisa.

It also made me want grids for these pairs more. If we're going to get theme skill based events, it's only fair that we get a bit more to work with.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Finally completed the challenge events. EX Brendan, Phoebe, and EX Skyla for UH Archie, and Wallace, May, and Sabrina for UH Maxie. I like it in theory, it was nice to have content Kantrio couldn't breeze through.

1) Challenge missions like this event's should be zero stamina

2) Lower the boosts, 5x is too much. I'd think something like 3x to the whole team if everyone matches the theme, 2x to the team if two pairs match, and 1.5x if there's only one on theme pair would work.

3) Don't bring stuff like Galar theme challenges until everyone has a few free pairs.

4) Take this chance to unlock a few more EXs for some of the older units. The only work this would require is a palette swap, all EXs do one of three things.

5) More sync grids maybe? I would've liked to use Drake past SH Archie, and Winona, Liza, or Roxanne could be fun to use too.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The dailies in the Maxie banner gave me... Selene! I'm so happy to finally have her :) Now I have all protagonists so far.
I'm going to guess all these steps are just for the Super Hard versions.
No. Ultra Hard. They work for Super Hard too (actually it's even faster there)

AuraChannelerChris

The dailies in the Maxie banner gave me... Selene! I'm so happy to finally have her :) Now I have all protagonists so far.

No. Ultra Hard. They work for Super Hard too (actually it's even faster there)
I was excited until the "EX Wallace" part.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
This. The one I used is 0/20 thus no EX. What I meant is that an EX Wallace can clear it even faster since it'll hit harder. But non-EX works too

AuraChannelerChris

I decided to use 60 guaranteed 5* tickets to see if I could get Brendan (him, Ethan, Wally, and Fantina are the only ones I'm missing from that little lineup).

...I got him the first try.

And the second pull put my Hilda to 3/5. I'd EX her, but SS!Red does too much that it'd feel a little redundant to have a second EX Fire-type Sync Pair.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Dailies gave me the second Maxie and... Another normal Cynthia (got a ticket out of this).

Kind regret using the move candy on normal Cynthia since across all the banners she was in, I got her 5 times with dailies only.

Wish it was Steven and Archie though. Oh well, something something count your blessings...

AuraChannelerChris

I swear Brendan is like a gun.

You basically have him hit max Atk and Sp. Atk in one trainer move, and then you fire away with Leaf Storm. Rinse and repeat. Eat your grass heart out, Gardenia.

Kid helped in beating Archie.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Brendan is great. Specially if he has Amped Up that rises Speed after hitting a crit (quite easy since he has built-in Dire Hit+), Inertia and Ramming Speed on his grid. I can take down lots of treats without even needing to evolve Treecko!

====================

Man, they did overwhelm us with events today, didn't they? CS Refresh, Villa Return, Story Update and Solgaleo rerun all that the same day. They really should've spaced this better.

By the way, @LordSerperior I tried out Bianca against Bruno today. Picked up the condition that allows for never-ending Reflect and Psychic Terrain.

Really satisfied. She tanked Bruno fairly well and did very respectful damaged with Stored Power. I felt she hit even harder than Critical Striker 2 Caitlin (yeah, managed to try out a full Psychic team this time).

Also, finally got to make Summer Steven work. Even 1/5 0/20, he still beat Koga.

LordSerperior

By the way, @LordSerperior I tried out Bianca against Bruno today. Picked up the condition that allows for never-ending Reflect and Psychic Terrain.

Really satisfied. She tanked Bruno fairly well and did very respectful damaged with Stored Power. I felt she hit even harder than Critical Striker 2 Caitlin (yeah, managed to try out a full Psychic team this time).
Did the same, except I tanked with Spring Burgh instead. And yeah even at 1/5 with no useful Lucky Skill, Stored Power outdamaged Caitlin's Psychic. Probably the fastest I've beaten Bruno.

AuraChannelerChris

Man, they did overwhelm us with events today, didn't they? CS Refresh, Villa Return, Story Update and Solgaleo rerun all that the same day. They really should've spaced this better.
This should be the norm, though. Solgaleo's event doesn't have enough prize boxes and it runs for so long that it can be done for later.