• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

AuraChannelerChris

Shooting bugs dead and pretending to be helpless.
That feeling when the game adds FOUR new Sync Pairs in one go.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, really annoying since we have two master fairs right now.

Anyway, not really bothering as I was going to skip those banners anyway but still...

AuraChannelerChris

Lana's a go-getter.

Yeah, really annoying since we have two master fairs right now.

Anyway, not really bothering as I was going to skip those banners anyway but still...
In Fire Emblem Heroes, it's almost always a norm to have 4 new units but because they all come in one banner where each summoning session have 5 random color choices to see if a color has one of the 4 (justified because damn franchise has hundreds of characters). The odds of getting multiples of them are somewhat reasonable.

Here...I feel like the banners are more brutal just because they put each new deal in their own banner, so the chances of screwing up can be much higher.

EDIT:

I'm screwed if there's a Galar-only mode. I only have Gloria to assist.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

I'm screwed if there's a Galar-only mode. I only have Gloria to assist.
Aaand there it is. Rearing its ugly head in 35 days.

Don't let me down, Gloria. You're a trooper.

AuraChannelerChris

Sooo let me get this straight, I end up hitting the jackpot getting every damn every Alolan Sync Pair (except Lusamine) but the ONLY one who gets a x1.4 bonus is Elio whom most people didn't go for because he's got freaking Popplio? Geez.

Can't wait to do four daily extreme battles by the way. Yaaay.
These battles really aren't difficult enough to actually require the bonus boosts. Just throw your hardest hitters at them and they go down.
I hope it's true.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I have Elio (only reason I really manage to do that frustrating Alola event battle). Good thing I end up having him.

I think the reason Selene was ignored is most likely they knew people would go for the anime girl over the other guy so most people have her. Limiting the bonus units is a way to have people spend in the featured new banner.

For a similar reason Brendan wasn't a bonus unit on the current Hoenn event. He is a day unit, very strong in its own right so having him give bonus could give people less of incentive to spend on Maxie and Archie.

It's all about fishing the whales.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
They also have Acerola, so you can just have her and Kuchinashi flinch the hell out of everything.

Being forced to run Kuchinashi/Hapu'u/Achamo last time was actually a pretty solid challenge though. I'm glad they're trying to make the game a bit tougher by restricting you to just a few units, as long as they don't go full "this particular powerful unit is allowed, hope you have it".

LordSerperior

They also have Acerola, so you can just have her and Kuchinashi flinch the hell out of everything.

Being forced to run Kuchinashi/Hapu'u/Achamo last time was actually a pretty solid challenge though. I'm glad they're trying to make the game a bit tougher by restricting you to just a few units, as long as they don't go full "this particular powerful unit is allowed, hope you have it".
That wasn't really a them trying to make it more challenging but more of a your luck made it challenging. I lucked out on Mallow before the event and it was dead easy with her. Also I'm not a fan of their strategy. If they're going to restrict, they should give all the units grids.

Sooo let me get this straight, I end up hitting the jackpot getting every damn every Alolan Sync Pair (except Lusamine) but the ONLY one who gets a x1.4 bonus is Elio whom most people didn't go for because he's got freaking Popplio? Geez.
Wait, I missed this before but people don't like Popplio? How can anyone not? Also Primarina is like the best fully evolved water starter behind Feraligatr.

LordSerperior

Ashimari isn't all that popular, but Ashirene is the most popular fully evolved Alola starter by a pretty huge margin.
That is certainly interesting. I guess I don't interact with enough people to know what's popular.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I was forming presets teams for Region Rotation and when it came to Unova, I end up with this combination:

Screenshot-20210610-150655-Pokmon-Masters-EX.jpg

It came out completly by accident while I was team building but I'm impressed with how much symmetry it has. Not just about the total of theme skills of the "ordered by year thing" (but that helps since most time I put the striker in the middle) but just the team has a solid synergy.

Rosanta increases Furbert's attack and give him much needed gauge acceleration. Burgh can also boost Furbert's attack but offer the much more valiable crit chance thus saving the need of Furbert using trainer move and lowering his defenses. Burgh can heal Furbert after all those recoils as well.

Short story: this game loves Unova. And I'm all for this hype train.
Thankfully, I got Elio on my Maxie pulls but they have Hau as a bonus pair this time so it's much easier.
Hau is a bless.

Also, thanks to the flinchsleep combo today's ultra hard battle was very manegeable.
That wasn't really a them trying to make it more challenging but more of a your luck made it challenging. I lucked out on Mallow before the event and it was dead easy with her. Also I'm not a fan of their strategy. If they're going to restrict, they should give all the units grids.
True. Most of the times, I had to reset because of bad RNG rolls on evasion.

When I got Mallow on the select scout thing, she simply cheesed the battle. Sometimes, I feel like it was almost like some kind of punishment to everyone who didn't pull on her banner lol

AuraChannelerChris

They totally needed to give dancing animations to Fantina and Kiawe. Korrina sort of counts, but apparently it's okay for her to do roller skater tricks.

LordSerperior

Agree with the boring event. In theory, I like the idea of events adding new stages every couple days to keep things fresh but this event sucks. Also why did they just skip the super hard stage? Also they should have added the "full force battles" from the beginning at least.

I don't mind the BP stage weakness since they're really easy anyway. I had fun using Clair after a very long time.

But speaking of which, the Regirock LA rerun later this month has Sinnoh, Steel and Gym Leader theme missions and the only character that fits all three isn't in the game yet.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The BP stages are just "click optimize, click auto, watch massacre" and I highly doubt it's ever going to become more than that.