• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

AuraChannelerChris

Disappearing isn't that bad, actually.
"Massacre" and "Johto" don't go well for me, and maybe everyone else.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Optimize gave me a team of Summer Kotone/Mikan/Karin, so I got to watch a pink balloon on the rampage while the other two mostly stood there watching.

Lucariomen

I like Pokémon Masters EX a lot and had quite a good experiences with the following members:

Rosa (Her support is awesome!)
Plumeria (TRIPLE K.O.!!!)
Serena (S L E E P, then D I E)

LordSerperior

"Massacre" and "Johto" don't go well for me, and maybe everyone else.
I think the stages are easy enough to do without Johto pairs but Clair is free and she can massacre the stage just fine. I used her with Lyra and BP Morty but that hardly matters.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For Johto I used Lyra, Silver and Ethan. Ethan is no EX (only 5/5 but 0/20).

Ethan did fairly well cheesing the event. In retrospect I could've used Morty since I EX'd him but I guess I'll stick with Ethan. Eruption powered by Lyra summoning the sun is doing just fine

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Did my first 7500 MM today. The challenge wasn't fun, the rewards weren't worth it. I'll stick to the basic 4200 thanks.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Forgot to mention but I'm not fan of the current event format as well. I get they don't want people doing day clears (like me lol) but they could have approach this differently. I'd much rather all stages being avaliable and only the daily ultra hard battle cycling.

Ignition

That damn smile
Managed to get 3 copies of MR & Incineroar. Probably going to use coins to max him out since I don’t really care too much about the meta especially when it’s my favorite Pokémon. Now to save for anniversary :p

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I forgot for a moment that we more Alola pairs than just the bonus ones, but after that, Olivia, Kukui, and Lillie took the challenge stage down like it was nothing.

AuraChannelerChris

Disappearing isn't that bad, actually.
Why can't I pair Kukui with the Masked Royal. It's like this game is saying they're alts of each other.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I forgot for a moment that we more Alola pairs than just the bonus ones, but after that, Olivia, Kukui, and Lillie took the challenge stage down like it was nothing.
I've used Kukui, Olivia and NY!Lillie. Worked really well. Since I managed to comand the third move after the sync quick enough, I got to finish Fantina with my second sync before she even does her first.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
FINALLY managed to take down the hardest Groudon despite my only Houen water unit being 1/5 Mikuri. Had to throw every gold ticket obtainable these two weeks plus do two 11 pulls on Aogiri's banner to get the 2 gold ticket reward for that in order to 6EX Mikuri, but that made him able to get the job done.

Got Nezu during those 11 pulls as well (plus 2/5 Bel, 2/5 Citron and 3/5 Mitsuru... not too shabby), so now I'm set in case another "use 3 Galar units" mission comes up.

LordSerperior

I really wanna know what the new summer seasonals are already because Maxie's banner continues to tempt me everyday. And if the seasonals end up being disappointing then I would have denied myself a real ground pair for no reason.

I'm predicting a Johto character and maybe the first Galar seasonal.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I really wanna know what the new summer seasonals are already because Maxie's banner continues to tempt me everyday. And if the seasonals end up being disappointing then I would have denied myself a real ground pair for no reason.

I'm predicting a Johto character and maybe the first Galar seasonal.
Me too.

That's why I'm glad their last day is on the 29th. That means we'll know who the july pairings are by then. And who knows, maybe if there's an unit we really want, it'll show up around the last day of the banner. I think I recall something similar happening with Raihan whose last day was when Maxie debutted.
Can they please just add Bertha to the scout pool already.
This. So much. She is long overdue. Hippowdon seems the best chance for a good, bulky sand setter.

LordSerperior

Can they please just add Bertha to the scout pool already.
I'd rather get Hugh and Flygon or Courtney and Camerupt before her.
Me too.

That's why I'm glad their last day is on the 29th. That means we'll know who the july pairings are by then. And who knows, maybe if there's an unit we really want, it'll show up around the last day of the banner. I think I recall something similar happening with Raihan whose last day was when Maxie debutted.
Yes, but I think the summer seasonals will not be in the next datamine. I think the next one will rerun Steven and Lyra and we'll get the new ones in the datamine after which will be too late for Maxie. I hope they announce at least one in the dev letter.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I'd rather get Hugh and Flygon or Courtney and Camerupt before her.

Yes, but I think the summer seasonals will not be in the next datamine. I think the next one will rerun Steven and Lyra and we'll get the new ones in the datamine after which will be too late for Maxie. I hope they announce at least one in the dev letter.
I hope Hugh gets Eelektross or Buffalant TBH.

LordSerperior

I hope Hugh gets Eelektross or Buffalant TBH.
I think Eelektross will go to one of the subway bosses, who are apparently way more popular than I imagined. I don't associate Bouffalant with Hugh. I didn't even remember he used one until I saw this. I think it will be between Flygon and Unfezant and I hope it's Flygon because I want more ground types.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I think Eelektross will go to one of the subway bosses, who are apparently way more popular than I imagined. I don't associate Bouffalant with Hugh. I didn't even remember he used one until I saw this. I think it will be between Flygon and Unfezant and I hope it's Flygon because I want more ground types.
Isn't Flygon a natural choice for Aurune?

If one of the biznes gets Eelektross what would you give the other? Crustle, Galvantula, Gigalith or what? I think Shauntel Has Chandelure, right?