• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hugh is far more relevant than Aurune. So I vote for him to have Flygon.

LordSerperior

Isn't Flygon a natural choice for Aurune?

If one of the biznes gets Eelektross what would you give the other? Crustle, Galvantula, Gigalith or what? I think Shauntel Has Chandelure, right?
I don't think anyone really cares about Aarune. I want a lot of irrelevant minor characters in the game but Aarune doesn't make that list.

Yeah, I don't think they'll repeat Chandelure but any of the others would work. I don't want them to get Galvantula because I love that Pokémon and I'd rather have it with someone I like.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Second week I actually managed to win with Summer Steven in the ice weak stage despite he being 1/5 0/20. Feeling more confident on candying him. Let's see what the datamine brings....

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Regirockrockrock is back

I didn't finish its arena the first time around, so I started from part 2, and I'm having a surprisingly tough time completing the new missions with my first clear of part 3.

Mythical-Moonlight

IRL Drizzile
Just curious. You do you guys wanna see in Masters next?

I wanna see Hop with Wooloo and Bede with Hattena

Ashimari isn't all that popular, but Ashirene is the most popular fully evolved Alola starter by a pretty huge margin.
And here I thought Incineroar was the popular one.
I thought that was Decidueye?

But then again just the fact that people can't tell who's truly the most popular Alola starter is truly telling how genuinely great Alola's Starters were :)

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Disappearing isn't that bad, actually.
3 Sinnoh Sync Pairs.
3 Steel-type Sync Pairs
3 Main Characters Sync Pairs.

Well, this one will need 6 dead Sync Pairs to complete. No Sync Pair available actually fulfills 3 in one go. The most who do are the MC with Solgaleo, Dawn, Thorton, and Gloria.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

Sinnoh missions great! The region I truly couldn't care less about and don't have any characters maxed out for. And that too for the most annoying LA.

Sacrificed Barry, Dawn and Solgaleo first while almost taking out the first bar. Jasmine, Maylene and Gloria took out the second and then Sycamore, Spring Burgh and Furbert beat it.

The tweet makes me think Subway bosses more than Hugh. That red/brown is pretty far from Hugh's colours. Also expecting them to be pokefairs. Good news for me though since they're easy skips.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The subway bosses are a skip for me too. I really hope it's them so my gems are saved.

Hopefully the datamine will come before Archie leaves. I reached 37k gems and I'm thinking about trying getting him again.

LordSerperior

I do think the datamine should come before Archie/Maxie leave as I think the Sinnoh BP battles end before that so they will need to add the Unova ones.

More than that I'm hoping they reveal at least one of the summer seasonals in the dev letter so I can decide if I should do a couple more pulls for Maxie.

LordSerperior

Against my better judgement I pitied Maxie on his banner and got Nessa in the process. I have 4 Galar pairs now for the theme missions and finally a usable ground type. But I am now down to 31k gems which is fine since I only care about 1 of the upcoming seasonals.

Ingo and Emmet are pokefairs and we have yet another limited ground type unit... I don't care about them so they're easy skips even if I love Archeops.

So they're doing Grimmsnarl for Summer Marnie instead of her gym leader outfit? Definitely pulling for her. Love the character, design and Pokémon so definitely pulling. Summer Gloria is a skip for me. I don't like Gloria or Inteleon and the outfit is whatever too. Those colours look better on Marnie's EX.

Also Bugsy and Scyther finally!!! Haven't seen anything else about them but just the fact that we're getting them is enough for me.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The train twins are technically my first pokéfair skip. Might try for Ingo since Sandstorm fresh would be handy but won't freak out if I don't get him. Really "missable" fair.

Will definetely pull for Gloria though. Maybe Marnie too but that depends on my luck with Gloria lol

Hopefully I get Archie tomorrow. I had at least 3 multis before going in the danger zone. Hope it's enough.

LordSerperior

Okay so the kits and grids have been datamined.

Bugsy is a great physical support. Leer+Fury Cutter are easy 1 bar spams. Buffs crit and attack, lowers defence and move gauge acceleration. I wish I hadn't used my 4 star support candies on Morty now.

Ingo is now the best sand setter but that's irrelevant since I don't use any sand teams so my decision stands. The only good thing Emmet has going for him is Archeops, everything else is meh.

Giovanni though. That is a really good kit and I love how well he pairs with Bianca now. On A Roll Psychic helps him activate Brainteaser while also helping Bianca's sync nuke. Also recently EX'd Bianca so it's even better. Sorry Caitlin.

Marnie is insanely good! She can max out so many stats in like 4 moves? And she has the Lyra sync multiplier. She's probably the new best fairy unit in the game. Gloria on the other hands seems kinda average I think? Don't care about the meta but I like the fact that it aligns with my choices for once.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
No spoilers, but I'm glad the summer pairs are easily skippable.

Ignition

That damn smile
I like the Subway twins but this entire batch is an easy pass. All of the new Pokémon being added are some of my favorites but I don’t feel it’s enough to warrant pulling.

Now for the important question: what is Bidoof Day about? Also the Galar Trainers’ movesets are clearly building up to Dynamax

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Best girl Dawn, Infernape/Ash/Paul, Alolan fam <3
Hello people
So Ive really been wanting to get into Pokemon Masters just for the lore of all the characters but I really despise the gatchat elements and just know I might get frustrated esp as I dont want to spend ANY money
But whenever I see scenes on Twitter and all I just cant help but want to see all the interactions and lore
What would yall advise? Is it worth getting into for the lore despite my frustrations with gatcha mechanics?
Also, which future game character that hasnt debuted in any way in Pokemon Masters would you like to see in this game?