• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LusoTrainer

Retro Trainer
So, we can't choose our partner Pokémon? We're stuck with Pikachu?

Completely disappointing...

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Looking at Team Break, I'm reminded of the masks worn by those affiliated with the Masked Man from the GSC chapter of the Adventures manga.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Looking at Team Break, I'm reminded of the masks worn by those affiliated with the Masked Man from the GSC chapter of the Adventures manga.
teambreak.jpg

Huh, they do look like the Masked Man's minions from Pokemon Adventures. However, their not giving me brainwashed puppet vibes. More like classical secret society thief vibes.

Last edited:

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
teambreak.jpg

Huh, they do look like the Masked Man's minions from Pokemon Adventures. However, they're not giving me brainwashed puppet vibes. More like classical secret society thief vibes.
Secret society thief-vibes make sense given they steal 'mons, so you're not wrong there. But yeah it was the first thing that came to mind looking from a distance.

shoz999

Secret society thief-vibes make sense given they steal 'mons, so you're not wrong there. But yeah it was the first thing that came to mind looking from a distance.
Those secret society vibes do remind me of Pokemon Adventures depiction of Team Flare in their "stylish" suits and red sunglasses and Colosseum's Cipher.

shoz999

I wonder what motive DeNA will come up with Team Break. Will it be another "I shall utilize the grand power of this legendary Pokemon because of PHILOSOPHY! MY GOD! I AM SUCH A DEEP CHARACTER!" or simply be more like Cipher and Team Rocket where they plot around the region to steal Pokemon in the name of profit and unethical research.

shoz999

GameXplain just release a video of their thoughts on playing Pokemon Masters. From the sound of it, the gameplay sounds more like a Final Fantasy game than a Pokemon game. Actually it's sounds more like that you really can't compare this game's gameplay to the main series gameplay that much. Oh yeah, also different variants of trainers with different Pokemon are apparently confirmed.

shoz999

If Iris has the same VA as the one in the anime, that's gonna be a deal breaker for me from ever touching this game.

I love my ears, you know.
I personally prefer she gets her VA from Pokemon Generations. I believe she's the same VA who voiced Lucy from Fairy Tail? She's perfect for the role of a young Pokemon Champion!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just saw Gamexplain’s video & I’m glad that monetization isn’t as bad as I thought it would be & I like how the game is focused on the story. That being said, I’m still not convinced since they simplified the mechanic & made it very clear that kids & newcomers are the main demographic (I’m not against that since I fully support bringing kids into Pokémon, but it’s just not for me).

I may end up getting it if Green from Let’s Go is a possible Sync Pair, but I’ll more than likely wait & watch a few let’s plays on YouTube before I finally decide

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
TA-DA! No preregistration for people who don't own "flagship" phones, like iPhones or things like the Samsung Galaxy S8, 9, or 10. Device won't be compatible.

shoz999

Saw some more gameplay footage and I am liking the new VAs they've chosen for the trainers.