• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This update was ok. Don’t really care for Team Rocket and especially Giovanni & Paulo as characters. I liked seeing all of the characters coming together though. Waiting for Hoenn so the Magma/Aqua admins can show up.
Can’t wait for Alola CS and Darach to be added too

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Always considered BP Erika to be the least worthwhile BP character since stall is old and boring, but man, 282 Sp Atk +another 15 from grid + 240 base sync power + another 50 from grid + trap multiplier + Double Down 2 + Critical Strike 2 + Critical Strike 2... Her nuke hits HARD. If she had an EX she'd be insane. Pretty great choice for grass-weak opponents that require Kanto characters.

Got so many Unite Gala tickets through daily battles that I decided to ignore getting 3* Power-Ups over Great Blends ++.

Yep, this event was for drink grinding. The Hop event was for grinding bronze tickets.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I enjoyed the new story update.

Strengths
(1) Giovanni won. Finally, a strike against all that "friendship and pure bonds are true strength!" stuff the game is constantly feeding us.

(2) It hints that Paulo may become the game's antagonist once this arc is completed. (Though it's been heading in that direction since he lost.)

(3) It was nice to see almost every Kanto character (except Leaf?) working together to stop Giovanni.

(4) It was also nice to see Bellis serious for once.

Weaknesses
(1) Lillie did not need to be there. She contributed nothing, and according to the banner, her mother is going to have a role in this arc.

(2) Where was Leaf?

(3) There was a lot of aimless running around. Paulo also brooded too much.

Thoughts and Observations
(1) The new banner suggests that Rose will make an appearance at some point. (You can see his silhouette on the far left.) Very excited to see what he contributes.

(2) Guzma... is apparently a bad guy again?

(3) Did anyone else notice the perfume lady trainer model in the cutscene where the Pokemon were going berserk? That was a shock!

(4) Although we don't know how things will develop going forward, I believe this is not Giovanni's last time in the spotlight. Remember, they promised us Ariana and Archer units before the game was released. I think we may get a second Rocket chapter before Hoenn. (Sorry, Tabitha, Matt, Shelly, and Courtney!)

(5) I was over the moon when Bellis mentioned Lear contacted the International Police. Give us Looker and Anabel!

(6) I really hope Colress will be introduced during this arc....

The new units introduced were really lukewarm this time around, so I'm skipping out on them. I was able to complete everything using the Kanto Sygna Suit trio. More time to amass gems, I guess.

On a completely separate note, just a few more days and I can finally recruit Evelyn...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
(1) Lillie did not need to be there. She contributed nothing, and according to the banner, her mother is going to have a role in this arc.

She was there because, like Kiriya, she's a weak rookie that needs a lot of backup from others, making her able to understand how he feels inadequate.

LordSerperior

Took me a couple of tries to figure out the extreme battles but beat it with Sabrina, SS Leaf and Giovanni. I really wanted to try and stall it but Rising Tide on sync kinda makes that impossible.

Also, decided to save my rainbow BP ticket for now in case they add a character I like more than Evelyn to the pool.

I agree with Dephender on Lillie. Including her was a good choice. It showed a parallel Paulo's current struggles and will make his eventual decision more impactful.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Hm, definitely misspoke there. I guess I was so caught up in Paulo's angst that I didn't pay attention to her.

Allow me to amend my previous statement: she made for a decent foil for Paulo. However, I do feel like a different character could have served her purpose just as well, if not better. (Silver, Gladion, Bede, etc.) As others have pointed out, maybe they chose her because of her role in USUM's RR plot? (I wonder if she'll end up being to the Villains' Arc what Rosa was to PML....)

I'm also a bit bummed out that Leaf was absent for the duration of the chapter.

Don't read into it too much. In hindsight, I think a part of me is being a spoiled sport following a year of Lillie regularly getting the spotlight (and there's more to come if the Lusamine silhouette in the arc visual is any indication).

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Allow me to amend my previous statement: she made for a decent foil for Paulo. However, I do feel like a different character could have served her purpose just as well, if not better. (Silver, Gladion, Bede, etc.) As others have pointed out, maybe they chose her because of her role in USUM's RR plot? (I wonder if she'll end up being to the Villains' Arc what Rosa was to PML....)

I'm fairly sure they picked her because she's the only character in the game that's actually etablished as NOT really that strong a Trainer. Maybe someone like Hop would've been able to realize how Kiriya struggles with feelings of inadequacy since that's what his character was all about too, but he's stomping around Pasio with a legendary and is clearly not suited for the "let's get stronger together" bond they were going for with Kiriya and Lilie.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Lillie also has Clefairy which is a KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mon so that's part of the deal lol

I dunno, I felt like they did way too much with Paulo this time. I know the community makes memes about his lack of focus but I like how his direction towards the dark side was done in a subtle/not in your face way.

---------

As for rainbow ticket, saving it right now. Cobalion is really tempting for a mono fighting type on CS though

LordSerperior

Hm, definitely misspoke there. I guess I was so caught up in Paulo's angst that I didn't pay attention to her.

I'm also a bit bummed out that Leaf was absent for the duration of the chapter.

Don't read into it too much. In hindsight, I think a part of me is being a spoiled sport following a year of Lillie regularly getting the spotlight (and there's more to come if the Lusamine silhouette in the arc visual is any indication).
I don't think any of those characters' arcs parallel Paulo's. I would say Hop and Bianca are other characters that kind of went through similar developments but even then I don't think they would work quite as well because they both decided to change their paths altogether to something that fits them better, which I don't think is what they want to do with Paulo. Lillie's story on the other hand is more open ended where she is still trying to get better and exploring ways to do it.

Though I do think Silver should have been used regardless. I'm hoping they do a Johto arc with the Rocket admins and both Giovanni and Silver show up for that. They haven't interacted at all outside of the Ghetsis event.

It's too early to say what Guzma and Lusamine's story will be like. I don't think after trying to establish them both in a good light, they'd go back on it and have them be straight up villains again. I guess we'll just have to see how the story develops from here.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Lillie also has Clefairy which is a KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mon so that's part of the deal lol

I dunno, I felt like they did way too much with Paulo this time. I know the community makes memes about his lack of focus but I like how his direction towards the dark side was done in a subtle/not in your face way.

---------

As for rainbow ticket, saving it right now. Cobalion is really tempting for a mono fighting type on CS though

No, it's because Lillie had a run in with Giovanni.

That's the reason.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Finished the missions on Entei's arena. The runs for the missions were hard in the end because of the first team paralyzing Entei (dumb decision of mine) which made things more difficult for second team.

Later today tried team 2 again. This time solo. Team in question is May, Summer Gloria and Elio. Gotta say, I was really impressed with the performance. Elio was handy for the Sp.Def buffs and sleep chain. Now, Summer Gloria did great. She was doing damage of 10k and almost 25k on sync. And that all despite being 1/5 0/20, Elio not being EX and May having Mudkip (so no Muddy Water abuse). Imagine this team in optimal conditions.

Also, really funny looking back.... In the first time, that stage was pure torture but now we have better water units, it's pretty much a breeze lol

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Ended up having to do three separate runs on Entei because Nessa accidentally killed him with her sync nuke which I wasn't expecting.

Same. Except it was four since I forgot Green isn't a gym leader in this game. This thing is so stupidy easy it's hard to NOT beat it with your first team.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The free Johto pull lineup has more options than the barren Kanto banner. Maybe because the devs were too kind with the amount of Kanto tickets.

Both banners have all the *5 gacha units for that region, Kanto's banner is just barren because there ARE just 3 *5 gacha Kanto units.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Both banners have all the *5 gacha units for that region, Kanto's banner is just barren because there ARE just 3 *5 gacha Kanto units.
Hope they update the Banner to have Synga Misty and Erika in the near future.

I got one pair in Johto I want to get. Falkner looks good for a support flying sync.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Good day today. Got Morty (the one with Drifblim) EX’d and finally got Hilda from the 5 star scout. Also the Alola CS themes are the best tracks in this entire game