• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Hunga

Hope you had some nice holidays! :)

Need the knowledge of the far superior players.
I got my 10k reward for the battle coins and now I'm not sure which I should take?

Also, do you think the new years pairs are worth saving the gems for or should I dump them all into SS Cynthia the second?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Hope you had some nice holidays! :)

Need the knowledge of the far superior players.
I got my 10k reward for the battle coins and now I'm not sure which I should take?

Also, do you think the new years pairs are worth saving the gems for or should I dump them all into SS Cynthia the second?
Holidays were pretty good for me. Hope you had a great holiday season as well!

I took Evelyn since since she has more theme skills, is an actual character, and her passive (Fire Teamwork) has more units to benefit. She also gives Regen All which will be helpful in the upcoming LA gauntlet. None of these pairs are too crazy @ 1/5 but she’s the best choice imo.

As for the NY pairs, they’re nothing too crazy and if you’re looking at it from a viability standpoint, you’re better off saving for SSR Cynthia. However, Cynthia will be here for 2 months so if you manage your Gems and you really like the NY pairs, a few pulls should not hurt.

LordSerperior

I am holding on to my ticket as well. I'll go for Evelyn if they don't add anyone new by the time I get my second ticket. I'm probably not gonna use any of them tbh but Evelyn is an actual character so she takes precedence over an MC pair.

Ignition

Well, I went all the way to sparking NY!Volkner because I lack a good offensive Electric-type Sync Pair and Hau can't keep up with the times without an EX version. Was painful to see so many gems getting snuffed out, but I did get a lot of 5* tickets and ironically both SS!Misty and SS!Erika back-to-back.

Considering EX'ing Cynthia to fill out the Ground-type part, but I wonder if she's worth it.
If you have a Sandstorm unit like Acerola or the much better Ingo, she’s a great Ground Type unit. Otherwise she’s kind of just there especially compared to newer Fairs. Unfortunately I missed out on every time she came around so I’ve been using May & Swampert’s Earth Power or EX Gladion as my Ground Type if I really need it but otherwise I just offtype it

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
300 points in, I finally got Giratina, so now my Ghost roster doesn't completely suck anymore. I think I'll do one or two rolls for Dialga, but after that everything goes for saving for future Master fairs.

On which note, when are they going to rerun old Master fairs? Maybe I'm spoiled by how frequently Poke fairs reappear, but February will mark the one year anniversary of the first Master fair banner, and I'm anxious to know when the anni trio will come back.

NeoDude-5000

So Lucas has Infernape, gets Dialga as his main partner in the game. Dawn is supposed to be the protagonist since Lucas is the assistant but former has Torterra. Who is weak to Infernape. But Barry has Empoleon meaning he has the starter that loses out to Dawn's but beats (but not really) Lucas' Infernape.

So on paper Lucas should've been the hero of Sinnoh since he has the appropriate starter pattern (Protagonist: Fire, Rival: Water, Assistant: Grass) and has one of the legendaries that the player catches. But the order is reversed with Dawn who is protagonist having... OK I'm confused. Whose idea was it anyway?

Ignition

So Lucas has Infernape, gets Dialga as his main partner in the game. Dawn is supposed to be the protagonist since Lucas is the assistant but former has Torterra. Who is weak to Infernape. But Barry has Empoleon meaning he has the starter that loses out to Dawn's but beats (but not really) Lucas' Infernape.

So on paper Lucas should've been the hero of Sinnoh since he has the appropriate starter pattern (Protagonist: Fire, Rival: Water, Assistant: Grass) and has one of the legendaries that the player catches. But the order is reversed with Dawn who is protagonist having... OK I'm confused. Whose idea was it anyway?
They do a similar thing for the Hoenn MCs where Brendan is treated as the PC despite May having the starter weak to his.

My guess is that they went with the more popular choice for each generation as the MC and have an alternating pattern of males for odd number generations and females for even number generations.

LordSerperior

These extreme battles were a pain. Took a while before I beat it with Cheryl/Marley/Cyrus for the first one and Dawn/Marley/Cyrus for the second. Sinnoh missions are the absolute worst for me.

Ignition

Beat the challenge for the Tech Coin with 3 Dragon Types before realizing it was a mistake and it was supposed to be 2 of them. Wish they had fixed that sooner because I didn’t have Lucas

LordSerperior

Yeah I did the dragon mission with C Iris, Lance and Cyrus as well after a lot of resets. The change came too late.

Azelf is so freaking annoying. Anyway I've gone up to a win streak of 12 and I think I'll stop for now. EX-ing all those supports and techs is paying off really well with this mode even. I still have a couple EX supports left so I might try for a couple more clears for those later.

Ignition

Oh, right. Tomorrow is Pokemon Day. I wonder which Sync Pairs will get grids this time.
You’d probably expect them based on what region is getting focus currently but the character who gets an EX like Candice did last month would be one of your last guesses.

LordSerperior

Got my first Hala from the Masters day pull! It's nice to get a new pair for a change. Hoping the next one comes with Roxie EX.

Also got the dev letter before the actual update. Valentine's Bea is an easy skip, unsure about Marnie but considering I have two versions of her already, I'll probably skip this one. Additional grid nodes for Cyrus that won't require energy is kinda insane though. Not complaining, having a good free Sinnoh pair means I don't actually have to invest in the region. Can't wait to see them do the same for Silver.