• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I expected May and Blaziken. I'm expecting Emerald Wallace to be the second character for VA part 1. Will have to know the gem count for next month to decide if I wanna pull.
Who would you see Emerald Wallace with? Wailord? Ludicolo? Mega Swampert? If we are going Emerald it would be nice to get some more Frontier Brains:)

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Who would you see Emerald Wallace with? Wailord? Ludicolo? Mega Swampert? If we are going Emerald it would be nice to get some more Frontier Brains:)
Besides the usual alts for Steven and May, hopefully Brenden and Wallace, the only sync pair I can think about for Emerald is Anabel. Apparently, her files were found in the beta version of the game, much like Looker, who appeared in Sinnoh’s arc. If they are going to introduce Anabel, they’ll go with her Sun & Moon design and have Raikou or Latios be her partner.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I feel like there aren't many strong Kalos pairs... :/
The only Kalos pairs I use r Zygrade Serena (amazinggggggg pair) and Sycamore

LordSerperior

Don't think we need spoilers because this is speculation but I think Ludicolo. I think its model was added to the game recently but isn't used anywhere.

Luckily my two favourite frontier brains, Noland and Lucy are already in the game. Given how forgotten they are in general, I'd even be happy to see them show up as NPCs. At least we'd get them in 3D for the first time.

Yeah it's probably the weakest region right now. Unless I'm forgetting someone, Sycamore is the only support and it has the worst non-limited striker options. It doesn't help that most characters from Kalos are and extremely unpopular and forgettable.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Don't think we need spoilers because this is speculation but I think Ludicolo. I think its model was added to the game recently but isn't used anywhere.

Luckily my two favourite frontier brains, Noland and Lucy are already in the game. Given how forgotten they are in general, I'd even be happy to see them show up as NPCs. At least we'd get them in 3D for the first time.

Yeah it's probably the weakest region right now. Unless I'm forgetting someone, Sycamore is the only support and it has the worst non-limited striker options. It doesn't help that most characters from Kalos are and extremely unpopular and forgettable.
There’s also Evelyn but yeah Kalos is really lacking outside of Serena, Diantha, their alts, and Sycamore (with maybe Siebold and Viola being ok).
EDIT: Speaking of Kalos units:

Hunga

TBH I'm still a bit salty that Gloria is getting a water Urshifu instead of making it fighting but whatever...

My bigger problem is, should I pull for Gloria and Korrina? Or keep on saving for the obvious bonkers BS that the anniversary pairs will be? :-(

Really annoying me to some extend! :D

Heekful

TBH I'm still a bit salty that Gloria is getting a water Urshifu instead of making it fighting but whatever...

My bigger problem is, should I pull for Gloria and Korrina? Or keep on saving for the obvious bonkers BS that the anniversary pairs will be? :-(

Really annoying me to some extend! :D
If Gloria or Korrina is your fav, pull.
If not don’t pull because we have a vilain arc next month (99,9% Hoenn) and especially the 3rd anniversary of the game. Simple as that.

Yeah Kalos is basically carried by the 3 Serenas (all amazing especially the Masterfest one obviously) , SC Diantha and regular Diantha (both limited) and Sycamore (free but still no 6EX).

The rest of the Kalos cast except maybe Viola and the upcoming SS Korrina are kinda bad honestly.

janejane6178

If Gloria or Korrina is your fav, pull.
If not don’t pull because we have a vilain arc next month (99,9% Hoenn) and especially the 3rd anniversary of the game. Simple as that.

Yeah Kalos is basically carried by the 3 Serenas (all amazing especially the Masterfest one obviously) , SC Diantha and regular Diantha (both limited) and Sycamore (free but still no 6EX).

The rest of the Kalos cast except maybe Viola and the upcoming SS Korrina are kinda bad honestly.
Kalos is neglacated in all Pokemon games. Hate it

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So I think I started to dislike the Ash chapter because I just realized that Tina was hit with chickification so bad that Ash was too much of a star in the episode (yes, I know it's his episode, but Tina deserved better). She was basically more of a background character that it's through him that her Flareon began to listen to her, and not because she said or did something meaningful to regain its trust. I know this is ironically very consistent for Ash to take all the action from a female lead, but Tina didn't deserve to be tossed on his path to greatness. (Don't get me started on Lear of all people praising Ash of all people with just looks alone.)

Anyway, wish me luck getting Marsharrina in one multi-pull.

janejane6178

So that "10k in one move" mission is sort of a chore if you don't have the two new girls. Bea can reach a high damage with Meteor Assault, but she comes 2,500 short for it. Any idea, or is this a P2W mission?
I used Bea, Munchlax to reduce def, and another attack buffer
Then attacked the right Pokemon with Bea

LordSerperior

So that "10k in one move" mission is sort of a chore if you don't have the two new girls. Bea can reach a high damage with Meteor Assault, but she comes 2,500 short for it. Any idea, or is this a P2W mission?
Not really, you can do it with pretty much anyone. I know a lot of people who completed that with Wally or Bruno. To boost damage, you can use support EX, lower defenses (physical is easier than special thanks to BP Bugsy) or use special/physical/super-effective next. Or a combination of these. Alternatively you can prolong the battle by accumulating multiple sync boosts (Leaf/Sycamore are great for this because her sync don't do any damage and won't accidentally kill). It's also easier to do bigger numbers on the sides than the center.

You can also off-type. I did it with SS Ethan and managed to get almost 20k on Aeroblast after support EX and trainer move.

janejane6178

Not really, you can do it with pretty much anyone. I know a lot of people who completed that with Wally or Bruno. To boost damage, you can use support EX, lower defenses (physical is easier than special thanks to BP Bugsy) or use special/physical/super-effective next. Or a combination of these. Alternatively you can prolong the battle by accumulating multiple sync boosts (Leaf/Sycamore are great for this because her sync don't do any damage and won't accidentally kill). It's also easier to do bigger numbers on the sides than the center.

You can also off-type. I did it with SS Ethan and managed to get almost 20k on Aeroblast after support EX and trainer move.
Why EX support? What does EX give it

LordSerperior

Why EX support? What does EX give it
All three types of units get different bonuses when they are EX'd.

EX Supports give you two sync boosts instead of one after they use the sync move for the first time, EX Strikers do AoE damage with sync moves instead of single target, and EX Techs get a 1.5 multiplier to their sync moves.

janejane6178

All three types of units get different bonuses when they are EX'd.

EX Supports give you two sync boosts instead of one after they use the sync move for the first time, EX Strikers do AoE damage with sync moves instead of single target, and EX Techs get a 1.5 multiplier to their sync moves.
But what sync boost do EX supports get? What does it boost?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
You can use Will/Bianca’s Stored Power (or Marnie’s Power Trip in Dark Zone if you have it) with Psychic Terrain, EX Support, and/or other characters to boost more stats. Extended Range characters like SS Lusamine work too.
Here’s a F2P clear:
But what sync boost do EX supports get? What does it boost?
It basically powers up your moves post sync. It helps with weaker offensive characters who need that extra push to do significant damage.