• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Quite interesting to see all the player characters included.
I'm really interested which starters will be assigned to whom.

I'm also interested if there will be a Pokemon Evolution mechanism. Wasn't Rose seen with both Snivy and Serperior?

I really like the whole idea, it should somehow be implemented in Pokemon Adventures with all the characters meeting to something similar to the Tournament of Power arc from DB Super.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

I'm also interested if there will be a Pokemon Evolution mechanism. Wasn't Rose seen with both Snivy and Serperior?

I really like the whole idea, it should somehow be implemented in Pokemon Adventures with all the characters meeting to something similar to the Tournament of Power arc from DB Super.
Hopefully for dlc anime show characters eg Satoshi shinj and other characters from the gen anime series and the origin series !

ArtFenix

Forgive me my negativity (or positivity, depending on the way you look at it), but the characters look a lot more expressive and alive in Masters than in SwSh.
Really enjoyed the animated trailer! We need more traditional 2D animation in Pokemon trailers, IMO.

I wonder how much influence Masters will have on the TCG.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I love what I've seen. The fact all the past characters are returning and becoming your companion as a nod to anime's trio-protagonist style is nice.

It's a mobile app., meaning it's open for further development. I'm eager to see what Pasio will evolve into as we progress in the story and unlock all the playable characters. I'm also digging the summer release, too.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I'm really liking a lot of the updates to the characters, we got some hot trainers to collect.

So the starting sync pairs will be 65 with more added over time. That's quite a selection, but makes me think they must be including a lot of characters who are just trainer classes from the various games, with the more important (and presumably more powerful) named characters being rarer or harder to obtain. Especially since I wager they will be leaving out a fair number of popular characters so they can add them in later.

I'm assuming the pokemon stats in this game will also work quite differently from in the main games. If so, it'll be nice to be able to actually use a powerful Onix (as opposed to the games where Rattata hits harder than it and its only impressive stat is Defense).

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'm not familiar with most gacha but it seems that you can only have one of each trainer with you here, and they themselves have one specific Pokemon, so the FEH style of gacha where you get multiple copies of the same unit with their own boons and banes might not be present here.

At most, I can see them doing special events where they pull characters from the anime and manga, including counterparts. Misty having her Let's Go design and Brock in his HGSS outfit when they could have been in their more iconic Yellow designs might be a sign of future plans.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
WOW! I am very excited for this app. Considering the disappointment of Gen 8 (no more megas and limited dex), Pokemon Masters and Pokemon Go will easily be my new main Pokemon games. I love how Pokemon Masters includes supporting attacks from Trainers. Between this and the ability to choose your 2 partner sync teams, there should be a lot of strategy to this game. Plus the nostalgia factor of all the old characters. Very neat!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm not familiar with most gacha but it seems that you can only have one of each trainer with you here, and they themselves have one specific Pokemon, so the FEH style of gacha where you get multiple copies of the same unit with their own boons and banes might not be present here.

At most, I can see them doing special events where they pull characters from the anime and manga, including counterparts. Misty having her Let's Go design and Brock in his HGSS outfit when they could have been in their more iconic Yellow designs might be a sign of future plans.
Playing the MK Tour beta, I wonder if getting the same characters will just automatically “merge” them to the one you initially got, thus increasing their level or whatever.

Also am curious as to how Pokemon Masters will affect certain character’s popularity. In FE, characters like Oboro and Jakob were very popular until FEH made them drop a bit due to being bad summons to get (unless you heavily invested in them). Or watch how someone like Proton becomes an all time favorite like Reinhardt due to having some powerful skills on him

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This trailer made me feel like a kid watching the anime again lol. I’m definitely giving this game a shot. They even have the Professors in

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Is it Hunter J at 4:02 or am I imagining things? If not, they look 'a lot' similar.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm happy the PCs like Rosa actually have dialogue. I know she had dialogue in her native game if you chose Nate, but still, it's pretty fun to see them actually have some more dialogue. Except Red of course. His muteness is iconic.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
So are we gonna be stuck with Pikachu as our partner Pokemon? I'd really like to have other options.
My impression is that you'll have equal control over all the trainers in your group, i.e. you can play as them once you recruit them. Or maybe if not then you can switch which trainer you control? Not sure, maybe some other info has clarified this?

However, it does look like your starting trainer will just have Pikachu.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The trailer full of so many characters reminded me of so many memories I had reading the Pokemon Adventures manga. It seems like you can actually move around in this region but I'd imagine they'll be more like small cut-off segmented areas with very little interaction with the environment. Also that battle against Erika. Interestingly in the animated trailer, she's paired up with trainers you often find in the Celadon Gym, I guess this implies we will see Gym Leaders paired up with their associated trainers of the gyms. Also, as for Red, what's with that design? It's not bad but it's nothing amazing either. Kind of feels like they over designed him in an effort to reach to newer audiences or that they wanted distance their Red from the much more famous Ash which I think is just impossible. Also since this is an explorable region it appears, I wonder how legendaries will be handled, if handled? The world they made doesn't seem like it suits well for big environmental storytelling, strange house for example and the main focus of this is trainers and their Pokemon and not a lot of them have legendaries on their team. On a side note, it looks like we don't have to wait that long, this games is slated for a release sometime in Summer 2019 which is pretty bold if you ask me.

Surprised to see Crystal in the game. Still no sign of Gold though...
Weird though don't you think? It's almost they showed Crystal and Lyra as two seperate characters and while that is confirmed by GameFreak, you'd think they'd treat her as a skin rather make her appear to be a separate character. With that being said if she is, I wonder if she'll have the same starter as Lyra or an entirely different Pokemon since there are three starters but adding Krys in, that's four characters, Gold, Krys, Lyra and Silver.

So I'm not only one thinking that lol. That would be such a fun arc to see a multitude of powerful and important characters gather for Pokemon's "Tournament of Power" in Pokemon Adventures. Could you imagine the protagonist forced to work with the villain?

Forgive me my negativity (or positivity, depending on the way you look at it), but the characters look a lot more expressive and alive in Masters than in SwSh.
Really enjoyed the animated trailer! We need more traditional 2D animation in Pokemon trailers, IMO.

I wonder how much influence Masters will have on the TCG.
I actually agree with this. There's a lot of expression put into these characters but I think the main reason is because they wanted many of these legendary trainers that we all knew and love to really stand out, marketing as strange as that sounds.

I love what I've seen. The fact all the past characters are returning and becoming your companion as a nod to anime's trio-protagonist style is nice.

It's a mobile app., meaning it's open for further development. I'm eager to see what Pasio will evolve into as we progress in the story and unlock all the playable characters. I'm also digging the summer release, too.
I've noticed that too. The part where they stepped out of the cabin reminded me of Ash stepping out of the cabin at the Pokemon League.

Is it Hunter J at 4:02 or am I imagining things? If not, they look 'a lot' similar.

Looks like an original character created for just this video game, perhaps the villain?

I'm happy the PCs like Rosa actually have dialogue. I know she had dialogue in her native game if you chose Nate, but still, it's pretty fun to see them actually have some more dialogue. Except Red of course. His muteness is iconic.
Red's muteness was a fun joke but now that joke has gotten old.

LordSerperior

Weird though don't you think? It's almost they showed Crystal and Lyra as two seperate characters and while that is confirmed by GameFreak, you'd think they'd treat her as a skin rather make her appear to be a separate character. With that being said if she is, I wonder if she'll have the same starter as Lyra or an entirely different Pokemon since there are three starters but adding Krys in, that's four characters, Gold, Krys, Lyra and Silver.
Lyra can get Marril since she's been shown with it a lot. I'm personally really happy to see Crystal and Lyra as special characters.

Torpoleon

That animated trailer looked great. I wouldn't be surprised if Masaaki Iwane animated that trailer because it certainly looked like his work. (Hopefully the SWSH anime looks similar to this, which would make the SWSH anime similar in art style to the likes of DP & XY as opposed to boring SM).

As for the actual game, Masters does look great. I can't wait to try it out. They did say they would add more characters through updates, right?

Veenox

After watching the trailer a couple time to analyze it, I realized that the Anime part where the MC and his party faces Erika has two other generic trainers in her team, one of them being the Lass from FR/LG (and I couldn't find out the other trainer class).
Does this mean we'll be able to fight and/or recruit regular trainers? If it means anything, only Erika joins the MC after their fight too.
What do you think?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
After watching the trailer a couple time to analyze it, I realized that the Anime part where the MC and his party faces Erika has two other generic trainers in her team, one of them being the Lass from FR/LG (and I couldn't find out the other trainer class).
Does this mean we'll be able to fight and/or recruit regular trainers? If it means anything, only Erika joins the MC after their fight too.
What do you think?
Looks like camping might be a hub for all that, that or it's just for the animated flair. Also notice how Red & Blue stand high above watching the Pokemon Champions fight, indicating that they may be the final bosses.