• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
God, Hilbert is coming next week. I was hoping for this. I'm so happy.

Saved over 13k just waiting for such event. Time to make use of it!

But question:

Is there differences in the odds of doing single scouts and 10scouts?

Like, on 1 I have 2% chance of the featured character. With 10 scout, do I get 2% chance for each "draw" or is it 2% for the whole lot?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Since we have Hilbert, Hilda and Rosa do you think we will get Mate? If so, what will be his Pokemon?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Since we have Hilbert, Hilda and Rosa do you think we will get Mate? If so, what will be his Pokemon?

Who's that Mate guy, mate? Sure isn't Nate :p

Just kidding, don't be made.

Anyway, I've been wondering about Nate as well. Either he won't show up or he'll have a shiny version of one of the starters?

Or maybe he'll be a counterpart to Rosa in the sense that his Serperior would be a Striker rather than a Supporter? I could see that working...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Rakurai

I do hope they plan on adding some free sync pairs from events in the future. It's pretty standard for mobiles to hand out freebie characters for the sake of giving unlucky F2P players more options.

I feel like there's going to be a serious lack of content if they intend to stick to one story event per month with nothing but training event filler otherwise, though.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I do hope they plan on adding some free sync pairs from events in the future. It's pretty standard for mobiles to hand out freebie characters for the sake of giving unlucky F2P players more options.

I feel like there's going to be a serious lack of content if they intend to stick to one story event per month with nothing but training event filler otherwise, though.
Welcome to the early days of a F2P game.

The days when in-game content is seriously lacking until new modes are slowly added at a 7-month ratio, which only will extend gameplay time for...10 more minutes at best, 2 minutes at worst.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hilbert is out. Earlier than I expected.

Guess I'll wait until next week, when the current events are duo to finish to try out my luck to get him. Can't risk getting a Blue or a Lyra instead.

janejane6178

Ever since the new update from 2 days ago, its loading the update but everytime it gets to high % it restarts from 0 again........ the update cant be fully installed... can any 1 help me?
Edit: in the end it says "Error 3031 Failed to download. Restarting the game"

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Got Hilbert after a few pulls which was what I wanted....

But then I waste everything trying to get Hilda but couldn't get her.

On the bright side, I got Brendan and Blue which I guess isn't THAT bad.

janejane6178

Got Hilbert after a few pulls which was what I wanted....

But then I waste everything trying to get Hilda but couldn't get her.

On the bright side, I got Brendan and Blue which I guess isn't THAT bad.
Nice, I got Hilda but no Hilbert... how do u raise the attack to 25k in Ex challenge? I cant get my attack to 25k in many Ex challenge very hard modes.. So I cant participate in it .
It takes AGES to get the items required to unlock the cap level to 100.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The new event is good for farming items. Though some Co-Op can be incredibly frustrating. Specially when people INSIST on boosting stats even when they either don't need to or it's too late since the opposing Sync Move is coming.

Anyway, the new event will be nice to farm gems. Will try to save as much for a final try to get Hilda in the day of her event's end.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
The swath of trainers being added appear to be permanent pool additions, so I don't really see the point of racing to try to roll them, especially with content being so lackluster at the moment. I had personally been largely luckless until I managed to pull Blue from Hilda's banner on a single roll recently. Did I question it or rage about it after remembering how futilely I tried for him during his Spotlight Scout? No.

See, I learned a lot from playing (and doing gacha in) Granblue Fantasy, another DeNA title. F2P players are far, far better off saving for a limited pair (whenever those happen) guaranteed from a scouting point trade (which I've dubbed a "Pokespark" for all intents and purposes) whilst reaping the benefits of the scouts done along the way. If one obtains their target sync pair before their scout points hit the necessary total? More power to them and less stress on their gem reserves.

To be honest, there's not even as much of a disparity between rarities compared to, say, Granblue. Sure, while my Karen performs innately better than a number of my units, I attribute that to her ability. I love using Tate and Bugsy because they can match strength and pulverize the competition with their abilities as well. I could NEVER say that about a Granblue R unit in the face of a SSR. This game has potential, but we need more, different stuff to do in-game. Better for me, since I'm content to just do the bare minimum each day in order to stock up on gems and amass items for the future.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm also mostly stocking items and gems. It's just that Hilbert and Hilda are characters I like. But honeslty, I don't spend gems on all events. Getting Blue and Brendan were just a side effect of trying to get Hilda. After my final attempt of trying to get Hilda, I'll go back to stocking.