• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I guess they couldn't do their stuff on time because this game is primarily a LA stunt. And with the fact TRio has much less of a presence in the latest Pokemon season, could it be these VAs don't have their own recording booths?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Also, today's update revealed James is becoming playable soon. Now, people can make the Giovanni, Jessie and James trio lol

Hope we get a poison-type egg soon so you can pair the protagonist/poison type pairing with the J&J

As for the "Mohn Clan", all of them are gacha. I'll do the daily pull as usual but won't really try hard for them.

I like Lillie's got that whole "heals the whole team after sync" thing. Shame it's so little in hindsight.

On another news, finally finished clearing the new round of the Stadium, to the point of being able to use all types.

To be honest, I've made some very random and weird teams haha

For the egg events, got all 3 shinies fairly fast and also the 3-passive tech Squirtle and Bulbasaur I was wanting. Now, I guess I will only try the 3-passive striker Charmander and that will be it...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Finished all the story portion for the Aether family event. Only needing the full force battles they'll make avaliable next week.

It's interesting that while it's subtly made clear that's games!Lusamine, her characterization is somewhat closer to anime!Lusamine. Guess they looked for a middle ground for people who only knows then from the show?

Anyway, plan right now is get all those event items as soon as possible, then I can resume farming leveling up items and specially sync orbs (the Johto trio grids almost made me go dry on those)

Xionea

Half a centaur
Anyone know if Lusamine is a good unit? I got lucky and pulled her in my first 10 scout, so I'm trying to decide if I should try a couple more times for more of her or continue to horde gems and wait for Lillie and Gladion

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Crossquote from the Anime Spoilers section:

May seriously hasn't been added YET? :confused:

Jeez Louise How long ago was Brendan added?

Yeah, she wasn't. And it still pisses me off. I have been waiting for her since the game launched.

Brendan's been in the game ever since the beta. He is part of the initial gacha roster

Also why did they give Serena the Fenniken Line, but Calem got robbed out of a Starter??? Why did he get Espurr instead of say, Froakie or Chespin?

Also why does the player Character get the option to choose Torchic but Treecko? And where's Mudkip? (Unless May will have that in her Master's debut?)

And I'm still curious at the decision to give Dawn Turtwig and Barry Piplup. That seems like it should be in reverse imo

No one knows their reasoning. I guess for Calem they wanted type variety. But it's still weird

Also minor correction: you don't get to choose Torchic, it's given away to you. And it's a very good unit in the game. I used it alongside Serena and Red for most stages.

Crossquote from the Anime Spoilers section:

Yeah, she wasn't. And it still pisses me off. I have been waiting for her since the game launched.

Brendan's been in the game ever since the beta. He is part of the initial gacha roster

No one knows their reasoning. I guess for Calem they wanted type variety. But it's still weird

Also minor correction: you don't get to choose Torchic, it's given away to you. And it's a very good unit in the game. I used it alongside Serena and Red for most stages.
The only thing that really seems strange to me is that Calem doesn't have Froakie

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Last day of Training with Legends was a trip in the last full force battle. Barry, Misty, and Crasher Wake took down the water-weak lineup and left the grass and fire lineup for last. Then I used Red for offense, Skyla for recovery and aggro target, and Torchic for support. Red kept slaying things left and right with boosted Heat Wave to the point he fried Cynthia's random Milotic. Then it all came down to enduring a Sync Move from Steven's Metagross before Red went all crazy spamming Blast Burn. Got my useless bragging rights medal reward but got the sweet extra 150 gems.

...They should really increase these bonus rewards.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Great seeing you are Blast Burning your way to victory.

Did you get Serena? Once you do, the team of Serena, Red and Skyla (for healing) will allow you to beat everything. I know it 'cause I used only those 3 for a Day 1 Battle Villa clear.

====================

Anyway, kind smart of DeNa only giving the move coins for 10 summons but no way I'm wasting the gems I've saved for May on that.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Great seeing you are Blast Burning your way to victory.

Did you get Serena? Once you do, the team of Serena, Red and Skyla (for healing) will allow you to beat everything. I know it 'cause I used only those 3 for a Day 1 Battle Villa clear.

====================

Anyway, kind smart of DeNa only giving the move coins for 10 summons but no way I'm wasting the gems I've saved for May on that.
Serena isn't with me. I'll only ever use my gems on banners where exclusive Sync Pairs won't show ever again in other banners, which is why I'm trying so hard to get damn SS Leaf to come. And I'm not exactly sure how people finish the villa in one day unless they constantly make sure Skyla's Potion replenishes all the time.

Also, these coin rewards are so bad. You need twenty coins to exchange for a freaking candy. At this rate, it'll take like 2 years to get enough of one of the THREE coins.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Serena isn't with me. I'll only ever use my gems on banners where exclusive Sync Pairs won't show ever again in other banners, which is why I'm trying so hard to get damn SS Leaf to come. And I'm not exactly sure how people finish the villa in one day unless they constantly make sure Skyla's Potion replenishes all the time.

Also, these coin rewards are so bad. You need twenty coins to exchange for a freaking candy. At this rate, it'll take like 2 years to get enough of one of the THREE coins.

If you are going for PokéFairs and limited units, we always have the change of Serena spooking you.

Well, you get a strike candy from the legend events. If you did Palkia's event and went through all the loot boxes, you probably have one I do hope you'll use on Red if he is below 3/5

Gridded Skyla is the best healer because on 3/5 you get two nodes of Potion Refresh 2 which can be pretty handy even if they demand RNG

As for Day One Villa clears, I used to think it was nearly impossible even with Red but once you learn how to time Serena's Hypnosis, it becomes doable even if it requires some patience and the ocasional resetting

A lot of people say the Villa is tailor-made for Red but they are wrong.

Serena is the one true MVP here. Red is strong and makes the muscle your way through slightly faster. The one that makes you go wild and be capable of clearing in one day with only one team? To make the whole area cheap? That's Serena. She is the queen of the Villa. Beware her might!

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
What are some Sync-Pairs you'd like to see happen in the future?

These would be pretty cool to see.
EhsuA_5XgAI8DLI

Of course some of these would need to be altered since Charizard, Machamp and Gengar belong to other people in Masters

Leon can have Dragapult, Bea can have Sirfetch'd, and Allister can have Cursola

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's been made clear to me that the creators aren't in a rush to include Galar characters, given they didn't budge when the latest generation released. There's also the fact the new Pokemon aren't taken from 3DS games, so it's going to be weird for them to downgrade the models to cell-shaded, blurry designs to match the rest of the Pokemon models. As it stands, this game is about celebrating generations prior to gen 8.

By the way, I finally cleared the Villa in full for the first time. When in doubt, use Red... Though I should really use him in place of super effective Sync Pairs.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It's been made clear to me that the creators aren't in a rush to include Galar characters, given they didn't budge when the latest generation released. There's also the fact the new Pokemon aren't taken from 3DS games, so it's going to be weird for them to downgrade the models to cell-shaded, blurry designs to match the rest of the Pokemon models. As it stands, this game is about celebrating generations prior to gen 8.

By the way, I finally cleared the Villa in full for the first time. When in doubt, use Red... Though I should really use him in place of super effective Sync Pairs.
What Volker & Luxray or May & Torchic (man I'm still salty they still haven't brought in Best Girl May yet. Justice for May! )