• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just saw the trailer. I’m a little bummed that Gloria isn’t Scottish, but the fact that she has a British accent is a great alternative (though I was kind of hoping her partner pokémon would be Scorbunny)

Last edited:

LordSerperior

Okay, so despite the fact we're getting loads of 5* Scout Tickets, something tells me I should save them. Who knows if they'll ever update the lineup of Sync Pairs you can get.
I am in the same boat. I don't want to use them right now because characters I really want aren't in the pool but at the same time I want to use them because this game has been known to make items obsolete without notice (replay tickets and daily tickets). I'm holding on to them for now though.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'll be holding on mine as well. No rush as I have (nearly) all pairings I want. All I'm missing is Rosanta and Nate which can change between now and sunday (the later is most likely since I'll wailord a bit on Rosanta's banner. Might drop something on Nate depending on gem situation)

The pairings I'd like to try my luck with the 5* scout tickets aren't in the pool yet (Lillie, Bianca) so no hurry. Also, they can always spook me on another banner.

As for right now the idea is just use daily discount pulls with paid gems on Gloria and holiday pairings. On Gloria's last day I may do a few multis depending on my gem situation and if we get more datamines in the meantime.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Wow, they actually added a medal for beating the villa in one day. About time we got an actual legitimate challenge in the game.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Two of my guaranteed *5 ticket pulls were two Kotone dupes. Who's the only *5 gacha character I had at 5/5. That's just unfair.

At least two gold tickets is SLIGHTLY useful.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This being the last day of Rosanta and Elfbold's banner, I dumped 6k gems. Couldn't resist.

...And I did manage to score Rosanta after all! Though I was a little insulted she was the first of eleven in the second 3k gem-dump while the rest were level up fodder.

Two of my guaranteed *5 ticket pulls were two Kotone dupes. Who's the only *5 gacha character I had at 5/5. That's just unfair.

At least two gold tickets is SLIGHTLY useful.
Dear god. What are the odds? This only wants me to save all of mine when the lineup gets updated.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hilda is one I keep running into again but... I'm not mad. She is best girl after all...

=================

So... Results of my wailording... Got Siebold two times (WHY) in the same multi. Then I finally got Rosanta and I stopped.

I end up feeling lucky so I risked on Nate's banner.

Wasted more than I should. Across both banners, besides the holiday pairings, only end up with the final blue (aka when I didn't need it anymore) and got Volkner and Lillie as well.

For some reason Olivia's haunted twice. One on each banner.

Then I got yet another Hilda (and other Wally if memory isn't mistaken).

I had like 75k and end up with 42-and-something-k

I also did the paid gems multi.... No five stars in the multi and I used the pit pick to max Serena.

Now, I save a bit on Gloria.

Strategy will be the usual "do dailies than a few multis on last day". My goal is to keep a 40k for May.

In the end of the day, my major regret was insisting on Nate's banner. I should have stopped on the first one and saved it for Gloria's banner

LordSerperior

For some reason I decided to use the 3000 gem gift on Gloria and got her in one multi. It's made the current event much better but I do feel like I shouldn't have. Hopefully I'll recover enough gems from the event so it doesn't end up a net loss. At least I have enough for one pity.

The event itself is pretty repetitive and I'm already bored of it. Since there is nothing else to do I will do it until I get all the tier rewards and then auto it for the rest of the event period.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Especially since that's not what he says in Japanese, there it's just "that dish".

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After watching the Battle Buffet scene, I get the feeling Gloria would have Greedent on her team because of her huge appetite & strong sense of smell.

Also, HOLY CRAP! They made Brock do a jelly-filled donut reference in one of the earlier scenes!

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, I'll stand by my strategy of only doing multis on the last day of Gloria's banner.

Until then I'll do the event with Steven, Jasmine and Wikstrom (the later surprised me positively with his damage output as it can deal fairly well with the side mons), only using enough stamina until I get all daily boosts.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Honestly, I'll stand by my strategy of only doing multis on the last day of Gloria's banner.

That's a pretty awful "strategy" consdering Yuri's bonus multiplier is so enormous. I'm just barely managing to struggle along with my 5/5 Daigo here.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm not worried with the ranking though. I just want to get the garanteed gems

Unless my math is off - it probably is - I'll hit 300k points by last day. Enough to get the items. I'll miss the medal but I don't really care. After that whatever comes from the ranking will be welcomed.

After my experiences with Digimon ReArise - a game which I don't recommend by the way - there's no point struggling for these ranking things in my opinion.

Strategy to pull on last day is mostly in case I run into the featured unit during a daily pull. That's how I got Summer Steven, Summer Lyra, Alder and Halloween Acerola.

Gee, I might end up with Gloria as soon as tomorrow or on the 10th which saves my free gems for something else.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
You get 6000 gems by ranking in the top 6000. That's definitely worth shooting for yo. I've had to spend some gems on stamina to claw my way up there without Yuri, but it's going to be a net profit no matter how many I have to use.