• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The "you got something rare" animation playing most, but not every, time you get something rare is very standard in gacha. They want to keep you on your toes.

And there I got New Year's Lilie. Let's see if I'm lucky enough to nab Wataru too now.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, Silver's story was a treat, despite the fact his namesake is supposed to connect to Lugia and he didn't have a single interest on either bird in the games...though the story did a good job in trying to get him connected to Ho-oh. Maybe that's the reason the story was long.

(Still, his smile will never be as creepy as Zinnia's.)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The daily pull gave me another New Year Lillie :)

Also, I have been trying Champion Stadium Master Mode. Quite hard so far. Only ones I managed to beat were Will's and Koga's

LordSerperior

The daily pull gave me another New Year Lillie :)

Also, I have been trying Champion Stadium Master Mode. Quite hard so far. Only ones I managed to beat were Will's and Koga's
How many points are you aiming for? For my first try I wanted to just aim for 2700 for that power up. Ended up at 3300 with around 650 per battle which wasn't too hard for me.

The extra power up tickets don't seem worth the effort for me so now I've lost motivation to go for more points. I think that's what I'll go for each week.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Beat Koga using a team of Blue, Skyla and my own Koga lol

For Will I used Karen, Furbert and Lyra. Karen was MVP by being a pseudotech by spamming Toxic Flinching Bites.

Furbert does amazing damage. Really tempted about using a candy to fully unlock his grid.

How many points are you aiming for? For my first try I wanted to just aim for 2700 for that power up. Ended up at 3300 with around 650 per battle which wasn't too hard for me.

I'm aiming for at least 800 points per battle so I can get all the tickets. The extra sync orbs and skill spheres are tempting but not enough to make me struggle more than I'm already lol

EDIT: Thanks to a great guide from reddit I tried again and managed to reach the 7500 points. Took some retries but I managed to it :)

Last edited:

LordSerperior

Finally did a Day 1 BV clear. I wasn't really aiming for it but with Holiday Erika joining my team and being very good at keeping my team alive, luckily having some recovery items left towards the end and Noland being the final boss, things just lined up.

And doing this made me realize how much I have grown to hate the mode. One would think that now that it's a monthly thing they would do something to switch things up each time.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Did the Kyo Elite 4 battle in master Mode with 1500 points using a Majicos Leaf/Viola/Genji team. Poison and trapping stall seems to be the general key to these matches.

EDIT: 4500 points now. Shiba went down to the good old Shirona/Acerola/Furo team and Karin lost to Adeku/New Year Lilie/Serena. That's all the best rewards, but let's see if I can't get the remaining 3000 points too.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Itsuki 1500 went down to a Kyo/Anzu/Kasumi team.

Struggling with Wataru at the moment. Though I already got all the good rewards, so he's not that important.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Last day of New Year's Wataru, looks like I'm missing out on him, blew my remaining gems with zero luck. Got my ELEVENTH Kotone though.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't even have Lyra. I got her original successor.

EDIT: Failed to get NY!Lance as well. I guess NY!Lillie cursed me.

Well, it seems there won't be seasonals for a while, so it's time to build up my gem count from 120.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
7c47f31366604524.jpg

Got May on the second multi then another copy on the fourth.

Then I had to pity for the 3rd one.

It's neither what I feared (1/5) nor what I dreamed (5/5) but it's enough.

Either way, can't believe I'm going to say this but the event is a huge dissapointment. Only ONE story portion that goes fairly fast. Despite such a big Hoenn cast all they do is like... Just one big scene? One story portion?

Then Torchic simply not counting for the bonus line-up. That's outright insulting. I'm having to make ends meet by using Glacia as the third wheel for daily battles but it just stinks Torchic was left out. I get it’s because MC isn’t from Hoenn and the game is more about trainers than the Pokémon themselves and all that jazz but it’s still odd since MC’s counted for other event boosts. Danm you, DeNA!

Only thing I like is the exchange shop. Plenty of more useful items this time.

Also, had to check and find out Mudkip doesn't learn Muddy Water until after it evolves... That's... Kind dumb. I could understand back when it was a signature move but nowdays? Checking learnset even freaking Squirtle can learn it.
Either way, Mudkip should really have had Waterfall as pre-evo move just so people who want to keep it as it is won't get shafted.

LordSerperior

7c47f31366604524.jpg

Got May on the second multi then another copy on the fourth.

Then I had to pity for the 3rd one.

It's neither what I feared (1/5) nor what I dreamed (5/5) but it's enough.

Either way, can't believe I'm going to say this but the event is a huge dissapointment. Only ONE story portion that goes fairly fast. Despite such a big Hoenn cast all they do is like... Just one big scene? One story portion?
Congrats on the 3/5 May!

I haven't unlocked the second story portion but that's disappointing. I was even disappointed in the battles not being against the Hoenn trainers like was implied in the cutscene.

I don't even have Lyra. I got her original successor.

EDIT: Failed to get NY!Lance as well. I guess NY!Lillie cursed me.

Well, it seems there won't be seasonals for a while, so it's time to build up my gem count from 120.
How I wish that was true but nope, Valentine's in the next update. Hopefully thats the last of them until the Summer ones.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Darn, one of them is Serena. I thought I'd be able to heal my stock after Wailording for May but I guess I'll have to pull on her banner. Here's hoping I don't need more than 2 multis for at least one copy. Considering Villa's back on the 4th I'll estimate I'll have around 30k. Hope I don't need to it all up.

Also, this new PokéFair and a new pairing with "unprecedent capabilities" is definetely meant to power creep Red and be the new tools we'll use to beat Champion Stadium Master Mode

LordSerperior

I don't like Serena so it could have been an easy skip but they had to pair her with Whimsicott.

Yeah new Pokefairs sounds like powercreep that I'm not looking forward to. Was hoping they'd just put Dynamax as special sync moves where the Dynamaxed version only shows up within the sync move and then reverts back.

New f2p sync pairs are always welcome even if they're not particularly useful and with the main story coming to an end by the second anniversary, give me free Lear and Rachel!