• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Sycamore really helped screw Cresselia.

Beat the stage using NY!Lillie, Grimsley and Sycamore. Lillie and Grimsley played key roles. Former gave max evasion and crit while the later stole status from Cresselia at key points. Thanks to that, I got a lot of lucky misses. Even a key one when my health bar was low because of OP Hyper Beam.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Cresselia is mad strong yo

Level 2 was giving Kanto Trio trouble, and level 3 is too much for even them

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yeah, just use Platane against it. Give him Vigilance as a lucky skill and Healing Hand in the grid so he can self-heal from paralysis when Cresselia uses Thunder Wave, letting you save his trainer move to heal from Toxic, then pair him with someone who can buff his attack and crit and someone who can remove Cresselia's buffs and he can basically handle the entire fight on his own from there on by just spamming Horn Leech nonstop. He's stupidly unkillable.

(in other news I spent 20k gems on the valentines' banners and got nothing ;_; )

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
P!Serena fled from me, though I did get P!Dawn who I wanted the most. And P!Serena's banner ironically gave me OG!Dawn who I didn't have, so that's a win-win.

B2W2 Elesa is kind of an infuriating plus.

Ugh. When are they going to update the Guaranteed 5* Scout list? I have over 220 tickets.

LordSerperior

I think I got really lucky with Cresselia because Karen obliterated her. I used Leaf, Santerika and Karen. Getting through the first bar was the only issue as I had to not mega evolve Houndoon and rely on Bite and occasionally Eevee's Iron Tail. The last two bars went down to 2 Dark Pulses each. I did have insane luck with Lei Up MPRs (I think I got like 3 refreshes which is insane) and Healing Hand 2 activating fairly quickly after Thunder Wave.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
On last day I got lucky and Dawn showed again. I really can't complain, for some reason I really lucky with Dawn (life rewarding all these years being a fan, I guess) . Serena played hard to catch and because of a screw up I end up doing a pull in the tiered scout I shouldn't have done :( But hey, another Dawn is always a win!

then pair him with someone who can buff his attack and crit and someone who can remove Cresselia's buffs and he can basically handle the entire fight on his own from there on by just spamming Horn Leech nonstop

New Year Lillie and Grimsley work great for this. Lillie gives the crits while also giving evasion and status protection (so you can focus other things on Sycamore's grid). Grimsley just steals the buffs which lets him hit harder.

I also luckied with getting a lot of refreshes on Snatch.

I'd say Lyra could be an alternative to NY Lillie since she has Light Screen and can buff stats and crit. Brycen can be an alternative since he gets Haze but didn't try them yet.

Either way, gridding Sycamore for more Master Healer turns him into immortal. I could be nearly 1 health but 2 Horn Leeches restore almost everything. Xerneas definetely lives up to the reputation of life pokémon

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I also luckied with getting a lot of refreshes on Snatch.

Brycen can be an alternative since he gets Haze but didn't try them yet.

Cresselia only buffs three times (the third just being an accuracy buff you can ignore if you don't care about maximizing Giima's sync damage), so you don't need any refreshes.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Beat CC again after accidentally forgetting to complete last week’s

Bruno: Barry/Crasher Wake/Blue
Lorelei: Maylene/Korrina/Skyla
Agatha:Karen/Nanu/Sycamore
Lance: Lance/Lisia/Sabrina
Blue: Viola/Guzma/Misty

All I need is Ice in the HoF to get Master Mode. Also can’t wait to see who the new pair is

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Oh yeah, master mode:

Kikuko: Karin/Kotone/Serena
Wataru: Iris/Fuyou/Majicos Kamitsure
Shiba: Shirona/Acerola/Furo
Kanna: Mitsuru/Genji/New Year Lilie
Green: Mei/Ran/Adeku

Working on EXing Majicos Kamitsure at the moment, got her up to 10/20 now. Not sure who I'll do next.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Here's mine:

Lorelei: Wally (EX), Sygna Elesa and Sycamore
Bruno: Sygna Grimsley (EX), May (EX) and SS Blue
Agatha: Furbert (EX), Karen, Rosa
Lance: Sygna Cynthia (EX), Sabrina, Dawn
Blue: Blast Burn Team -> Sygna Red (EX), Serena (EX) and MC (Scottie) with Torchic

Didn't need too much resets for this run. Bruno was destroyed by the rain team. It's crazy how powerful that combination are.

I've had SS Cynthia since her original run. She is 1/5. Decided to give her a try, even going as far as to EX her. She needed a lot of support here but did fairly well overall. Only needed one reset because Dawn fell way too early.

Looking at her grid she'll get better once I unlock her grid.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Congrats to Leon. Now he, Gloria, and Piers have 3 professional VAs each. NOW PICK YOUR POISON, PLAYERS.

Dear god, they're making things sooooooooooo confusing and weird with these Sync Pairs.

There are normal Sync Pairs who are so damn good.

...Then we have the Sygna Suit Sync Pairs that aren't really as plentiful...

...And now we have "Master" Sync Pairs that look absolutely no different than a normal Sync Pair.

Can't wait for when Milo comes home, but he's a Master Sync Pair.

EDIT:

Eu9QtHPUcAUikQR

Oh, look. Skipping logo screen lady is finally standing still.
Why such a high pitch and peppy voice for Marnie? That doesn't fit her character at all.
Then again, she's surely 10.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

Wow, I think we're getting like 6 Pokefairs/Master whatever next month. They really need to slow down with the limited units. Also Marnie had no reason to be a pokefair. She's a rival/gym leader and none of the others have been Pokefairs.

They finally added much needed QOL features for sync grids and the gem income looks good for the next month.

I hate Leon's kit, it's so braindead overpowered. I don't like the fact that he covers 3 types. Marnie and Iris have my favorite kits from all the new pairs and I'm definitely pulling both. I might try to pull Leon depending on his banner rates and my luck with Marnie's banner. Diantha is an easy skip, I have fairy covered and I don't really care for her character.

Cyrus getting a grid is good to see. I don't use him but it's nice to see legendaries finally get grids. Looking forward to Giovanni and Silver the most. Also Hilbert's grid looks insane. He pretty much makes Phoebe redundant except as a tank.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Great, because what I was most looking forward to was definitely another Charizard strike trainer.. OP Red just doesn't have it covered already.

Guess I'll be trying to pull Diantha in order to finally have a decent Fairy strike pair.. and maybe Iris because Hydreigon. Plus I've failed so badly with Lysandre and Piers that I just want something new.. Suppose I shouldn't complain though, I pulled both NY pairs and both P-tines pairs with little to no issue. In fact, for P-tines Dawn, I literally only used 100 gems.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hey, Triple Striker Charizard is a thing now.

Hilbert's grid is amazing. It really improved him A LOT. Good thing I have him 5/5 and with Vigilance as lucky skill which means I'll save nodes for something else. It'll be hard to pick something on his grid.

I LOVE Marnie's EX outfit. The colors are so much better than the her original. Between her and Gloria, DeNA's team did a WAY better job than Game Freak. GF should hire whoever decided on those colors. I'll put effort on Marnie just so I can EX her. Loved the colors that much

Leon seems decent but the master passive doesn't sound like that game breaker thing. Since I have 5/5 20/20 Red, I guess I'll dailies on his banner and used non-paid gems for Marnie.

Diantha and Iris looks fun. Will do dailies for them as well. Hopefully I get them that way like I did with N and Lyssandre but worst case scenario I'll do multis in the last day of their banners.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Hey, Triple Striker Charizard is a thing now.

Hilbert's grid is amazing. It really improved him A LOT. Good thing I have him 5/5 and with Vigilance as lucky skill which means I'll save nodes for something else. It'll be hard to pick something on his grid.

I LOVE Marnie's EX outfit. The colors are so much better than the her original. Between her and Gloria, DeNA's team did a WAY better job than Game Freak. GF should hire whoever decided on those colors. I'll put effort on Marnie just so I can EX her. Loved the colors that much

Leon seems decent but the master passive doesn't sound like that game breaker thing. Since I have 5/5 20/20 Red, I guess I'll dailies on his banner and used non-paid gems for Marnie.

Diantha and Iris looks fun. Will do dailies for them as well. Hopefully I get them that way like I did with N and Lyssandre but worst case scenario I'll do multis in the last day of their banners.
Why is EX Marnie wearing cheese?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Why such a high pitch and peppy voice for Marnie? That doesn't fit her character at all.

I agree. The japanese version is equally as unfitting. Leon sounds like the same VA as the anime but I haven't checked the credits to say for sure

Why is EX Marnie wearing cheese?

'cause her ace is a mouse

LordSerperior

Wait, really? I love Marnie's original outfit. In fact I held off EX-ing Lance because I found out Marnie was a possibility but I am so disappointed. I was hoping they'd choose the Hangry form colors. She looks really weird to me.

I do agree with you on Gloria though.